Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood Vibrating at highway speeds

dcoop

Reaction score
Ram cares got with me on this issue and opened up a case file. Long story short ram cares is going to listen to the dealer. I had video of my hood and no one wanted to see. My hood actually popped opened but didn't fly up. Dealer said it was fine until I popped the hood and tweaked on it to show them how flimsy the hood was. Ram cares told me they would close the file for now cause the dealer said it was ok, but if I still had issues call them. I told them it never got fixed.

Rnyachtclub72

Reaction score
I can't wait until someone makes an aftermarket steel hood. I have tried everything on mine to stop the hood from flapping or flexing. Its sad when you buy a $70,000 truck and miss your old one. It is very aggravating. The 2500 hoods are not made the same as the 1500, I pulled the insulation from mine to tried and stitch weld the braces with epoxy. There's too much gap between the hood skin and the braces. Ram or Dodge needs to fix this because it's a true safety issue when you are constantly looking at the hood moving while driving down the highway.

phatboy64

Reaction score
I have a 23 limited 3500 and it get zero hood movement, it is solid as a rock. I do have PPF on the hood, is it possible that could make a difference?

phatboy64

Reaction score
Paint Protection Film. It is a clear 10 mil film that protects the paint.

Firebird

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to effect all 2019+ trucks. My 2019 fluttered at speed, but my 2021 has zero movement at speed.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have a 23 limited 3500 and it get zero hood movement, it is solid as a rock. I do have PPF on the hood, is it possible that could make a difference?
No it could be your hood bumpers are better adjusted. the film would not hold anything straight. I get minimal flutter how i have my hood adjusted the only movement is from transports in high wind

CdnHO

Reaction score
Not likely PPF would have any effect. I applied felt furniture pads on my hood where the circular dimples are. One on each side. Takes up the space between the hood and bumper and made a big difference.IMG_1930.JPG

Blythkd1

Reaction score
My 2022 hood flaps like crazy when I meet a truck on a 2 lane road. First time I saw it I thought something was loose or broken, then I found that it's "normal."

Rnyachtclub72

Reaction score
No it could be your hood bumpers are better adjusted. the film would not hold anything straight. I get minimal flutter how i have my hood adjusted the only movement is from transports in high wind
The dealership adjusted mine once and it seemed a little bit better for about a month. Wish there was a permanent fix...

geo1966

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? My hood vibrates pretty violently when cruising at 75ish on highway. Dealer said it is normal with aluminum hood...
Has anyone successfully adjusted it to stop?
I have had my truck at the dealership for this problem and they cant stop it. On the other hand they have no trouble telling me that I am the only one with the problem. Let me go even farther to say when the dealer got the Ram rep involved he claimed I was the first case he had herd of. From what I can see the list is quite extensive. Sounds like a good time for a class action suit that may bring back good old fashion steel hoods that don't want to blow off.

thestuarts

Reaction score
I have had my truck at the dealership for this problem and they cant stop it. On the other hand they have no trouble telling me that I am the only one with the problem. Let me go even farther to say when the dealer got the Ram rep involved he claimed I was the first case he had herd of. From what I can see the list is quite extensive. Sounds like a good time for a class action suit that may bring back good old fashion steel hoods that don't want to blow off.

Did you print TSB 23-029-18 and show the dealership?

geo1966

Reaction score
I was told by a Hellcat owner that the cars also have a similar problem. Sound like discount engineering at its finest

MrMopar

Reaction score
First off your Dealership LIED.... there's many threads on this Issue, my 2019 Power Wagon does it...it's noted at my dealership and with Ram Care. Let it blow off...A New Truck will be in my future
Ram Care don't Care and the Techs at the Dealership are Clueless

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Almost every brand with aluminum hoods are the same. Its not going to blow off

Users who are viewing this thread