Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hitch Weight vs Payload

RichM752

Reaction score
When I take loader and grapple to a job, positioning tractor 4 " more forward, make a difference. As opposed to loader or grapple only.
tempImageQsTcK5.jpg

RichM752

Reaction score
Happy with the Lamar dump?
Yep. It's a good one. Had it built special, and no issues. My third Lamar, and two PJ's before that.
7 ga seemless deck and 12" OC crossmembers are now standard. Also opted for the 8k axles as brakes are superior with 9/16" pads and huge magnets.
I move a lot of rocks, and boulders.

Jared2500Ram

Reaction score
None, it is level.
I have a similar issue my bumper pull trailer has 1300# of tongue weight. The trailer is perfectly level and so is the truck with weight distribution. When we get to highway speeds you feel like the rear axle is moving around almost like worn out steering on a forklift. The trailer does not sway nor does it blow the truck around. The truck is a 21 2500 cclb diesel.

406Linetrash

Reaction score
With trailers. Ignore dry. The dry weights are way, way off. You'll be running closer to gvwr. Same with pin weights. They are always shy on that too. They get them with no propane bottles, batteries, etc. It's straight up bare trailer. If you'll be slightly over published weights. You'll be way over on actual.

Users who are viewing this thread