Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP - Lots of power but start switch is dead (or now crazy)

RBarrett

Reaction score
With the MX+ and the included OBD Link app you can read faults from various other modules like the rf hub, if you retrieve the enhanced OEM add-ons from within the app on the settings page.
Yes for a straight scan tool that is pretty cool. Small for sure. If I was going to spend the money I would go the alphaobd route so I could make a few changes as well.

RBarrett

Reaction score
Well my truck has been in the dealership for a week now. When I dropped it off it did one of its hard fails and refused to respond to the fob at all or the door open/close trick. I left the dealership with it blocking the drive through service area feeling good about them experiencing the most extreme form of failure. The first diagnosis is done and they tell me they want to replace the key fob. This seems like a misstep to me as both keys behave the same way and if it's a fob failure then they both failed at the same time. I'm dropping off the second key today and hopefully that diverts things away from fob problems to other (in my mind anyway) more likely points of failure. I sense a repair thrash may be in my future.

RBarrett

Reaction score
This story ends with truck in the dealership for 10 days. All but the last day was spent messing around with the key. Some diagnostic flowchart probably said if truck won't respond to the key, check out the key. I told them both keys behave the same way and took them the second key so they could verify that. Nope they need to order a new key, then program it, then go drive it to verify it's fixed. So they get back to the dealership and it won't start again. It appears they never looked at the list of other issues that I left written out in the front seat. They never drove before the 9th day either. On the 10th day they put a RF hub in the truck and then it would start for them again. When I got it back I went through all the gyrations I did before taking it to them. It indeed seems fixed. I guess that is not a surprise to those who suspected the RF hub earlier on. On a side note my OE batteries are still fine.

Users who are viewing this thread