Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlamps & DRLs - rant and fixes

Apock23

Reaction score
This is only part I don’t quite understand. The single side is when lights are on auto it stays on all the time at actual full brightness which looks great but only one side?

the other are the factory sounds like 50% power DRL which I can turn on rotating the light knob to the normal DRL setting. The second pic because of daylight the lamps almost don’t look on. I should probably get another pic when it gets darker.

I much prefer the brighter one but you are saying you don’t know of a way to program them with Alfaobd that way?
I don’t know what caused my one side to do that although I like it

Attachments

• BF739DB6-5DE1-464F-B4D9-020A1A8E1A41.jpeg
    BF739DB6-5DE1-464F-B4D9-020A1A8E1A41.jpeg
    670.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 4888C426-FD81-40F2-BB37-5073AC01528D.jpeg
    4888C426-FD81-40F2-BB37-5073AC01528D.jpeg
    697.2 KB · Views: 80

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
This is only part I don’t quite understand. The single side is when lights are on auto it stays on all the time at actual full brightness which looks great but only one side?

the other are the factory sounds like 50% power DRL which I can turn on rotating the light knob to the normal DRL setting. The second pic because of daylight the lamps almost don’t look on. I should probably get another pic when it gets darker.

I much prefer the brighter one but you are saying you don’t know of a way to program them with Alfaobd that way?
I don’t know what caused my one side to do that although I like it
Make sure these are the settings changes you made:
CBC features LED front turn lamp present- YES

CBC features LED low beam lamps present- YES

CBC features LED high beam lamps present- YES

CBC features LED front park/marker lamps present- YES

CBC Config I/O Usage front park/signature lamp left pin A7- YES

**2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat. Front park/signature lamp right pin A5- YES**

**Note** If you do not see this 2014 CBC setting, then use this one:
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat. Truck bed lighting feature- PRESENT **

CBC Extern.Light Calibr.: Signature light present- YES

ram5thgen

Reaction score
I have done this upgrade with mid level led headlights but my signature lights stay on for 2-3 min after turning off truck. I have them set up so only signature lights come on for drl, I am in Canada. How do you adjust time to off delay for signature lights or for them to turn off with doors locking? Also the drl setting in the radio doesn't seem to do anything if that matters. Thanks.

DaveyB

Reaction score
Is that a function of the courtesy light options on the screen settings menu (so not using software, only the standard menu)?

CJM

Reaction score
Has anybody actually figured out the settings in a Canadian spec Bighorn/Laramie truck with the mid level LED headlights to be able to use the signature lights for the DRL's?
I have searched but I can not find what settings to change.

ram5thgen

Reaction score
I did it to my Canadian truck but can't get the signature lights to turn off in reasonable timeframe when engine off and doors locked. Pretty sure it was jimmy07 that posted the settings somewhere in these forums.

CJM

Reaction score
I did it to my Canadian truck but can't get the signature lights to turn off in reasonable timeframe when engine off and doors locked. Pretty sure it was jimmy07 that posted the settings somewhere in these forums.

I have searched everywhere. Can not find anything on the DRL Signature Light settings for Canadian trucks.
Was hoping I could set mine up like the USA version DRL's but I don't want to screw up anything playing
around with AlfaOBD.

EDIT: Found another forum where Jimmy07 posted the following settings for the Canadian trucks. Thanks.....

CBC Features: DRL Configuration- Optional DRL
CustSetMenu 1: Daytime running lights CSM Present- Yes

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bumping this thread.

I never did do this mod. I just want the low beam off. That's it. The LED signature lights can remain the same as they are now, I just want the low beam off. I'm getting serious about doing this again over the winter.

@Jimmy07 there seems to be a lot of confusion around this for the Canadian trucks.

My understanding is I need the Kaodtech security bypass module and the AlphaOBD MX+ module with the full version app on an Android device. Is that right?

@CJM did those setting turn off the low beams only for the DRLs?

@heyguy perhaps you could chime in here as well.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Bumping this thread.

I never did do this mod. I just want the low beam off. That's it. The LED signature lights can remain the same as they are now, I just want the low beam off. I'm getting serious about doing this again over the winter.

@Jimmy07 there seems to be a lot of confusion around this for the Canadian trucks.

My understanding is I need the Kaodtech security bypass module and the AlphaOBD MX+ module with the full version app on an Android device. Is that right?

@CJM did those setting turn off the low beams only for the DRLs?

@heyguy perhaps you could chime in here as well.
You need:
kaodtech bypass cable (not a module)
OBDlink MX+ (Obd reader tool)
AlfaOBD full app

Reaction score
I got the OBDLink MX+ on the way.
My mom runs an android phone and she's getting a new one so I will use her old one to get the full AlfaOBD app.

I want to take a look under the dash to see how many plugs are available on those CAN blocks before I get the Kaodtech bypass cable.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I got the OBDLink MX+ on the way.
My mom runs an android phone and she's getting a new one so I will use her old one to get the full AlfaOBD app.

I want to take a look under the dash to see how many plugs are available on those CAN blocks before I get the Kaodtech bypass cable.
There will always be available spots on the canbus blocks. Even a fully loaded truck won’t fill them up.

Mooreman21

Reaction score
I've got the Z Auto one. I use it because there's a few of us on our volunteer FD that have the ZFlash. works good, never had an issue

Reaction score
I'm still blown away that FCA went this route as stock with these trucks. (Low beam for DRL's).

I see the Durango has the accent lighting as DRL in Canada from factory.

Like c'mon.

Reaction score
CBC Features: DRL Configuration- Optional DRL
CustSetMenu 1: Daytime running lights CSM Present- Yes
Are these the only settings I'm changing within the body control module? (To get the low beam off for DRL.)

Doing so, my understanding is that this will enable the toggle button on the radio (uconnect) settings page.

Users who are viewing this thread