Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog lights

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you're really taking things out of context here, or maybe you just like to argue who knows.

I don't give people the "what for" as you call it for everything of course not, and I am one of those turn signal fog light guys, but it's insufferable when traveling down these straight and flat highways in my neck of the woods and some dumbazz leaves his highbeams on or very bright fogs for no apparent reason.

Can we all just agree that yes I may be an ass and am very hard headed but people with fogs on all the time are pretty dumb?

Agree, Disagree.

Night vision worsens with age. With the super bright LED's on new vehicles, mine included, I need all the help I can get to augment my night driving. The fog lights switching on in low speed turn is also annoying enough that I prefer to keep them on even if it is insufferable to some clown that flashes people the brights or flames them with their lightbar for doing so.

I know exactly when they are on and when they are off. I can also manage my high beams, or let the auto high beams do its thing.

Improperly aimed lights are worse than leaving foglights on. In case you hadn't noticed, proper fog lights have a beam cutoff that should in no way cause you undue glare. I suspect it's just an insufferable peeve annoyance for you more than actually affecting your ability to see the road. I'd also wager that your aftermarket fog lights are blinding to other traffic when they turn on, in which case, that makes you the dumbazz.

CanadianIronhead

Banned for flashing
Reaction score
Agree, Disagree.

Night vision worsens with age. With the super bright LED's on new vehicles, mine included, I need all the help I can get to augment my night driving. The fog lights switching on in low speed turn is also annoying enough that I prefer to keep them on even if it is insufferable to some clown that flashes people the brights or flames them with their lightbar for doing so.

I know exactly when they are on and when they are off. I can also manage my high beams, or let the auto high beams do its thing.

Improperly aimed lights are worse than leaving foglights on. In case you hadn't noticed, proper fog lights have a beam cutoff that should in no way cause you undue glare. I suspect it's just an insufferable peeve annoyance for you more than actually affecting your ability to see the road. I'd also wager that your aftermarket fog lights are blinding to other traffic when they turn on, in which case, that makes you the dumbazz.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions! :) have a blessed day!

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Have any of you guys tried Diode Dynamics S3 pods in the fog light location? They have pretty bright DOT pod lights...

Grayson

Reaction score
All but 1 of my aux switches will be used for extra lighting.....it's going to be mad tyte bruh.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
All but 1 of my aux switches will be used for extra lighting.....it's going to be mad tyte bruh.
FIXED: “All but 1 of my aux switches will be used for extra lighting.....it's going to be mad BRYTE bruh.”

el_barto

Reaction score
Properly aimed OEM fog lights should result in LESS glare than the OEM headlights (low beam) as they are positioned lower and have a cutoff that is also lower than the headlights.
Aftermarket fog lights is a different story as they are often poorly aimed and/or provide a beam pattern unsuitable for the street, but nobody should be getting their panties in a bunch about running OEM foglights in clear conditions.
They are helpful for low speed cornering on twisty mountain roads, as well as illuminating the shoulder on the highway.

cobracnvt

Reaction score
How do the Baja Designs SAE fog lights hold up to road salt? I see exposed screws on the front of the light that I can see being pretty corroded after a winter of road salt.

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Properly aimed OEM fog lights should result in LESS glare than the OEM headlights (low beam) as they are positioned lower and have a cutoff that is also lower than the headlights.
Aftermarket fog lights is a different story as they are often poorly aimed and/or provide a beam pattern unsuitable for the street, but nobody should be getting their panties in a bunch about running OEM foglights in clear conditions.
They are helpful for low speed cornering on twisty mountain roads, as well as illuminating the shoulder on the highway.

I agree. Even aftermarket SAE fog lights shouldn't blind anyone, if properly aimed, due to the narrow pattern with a clean cutoff.
2xss3y-pro_79929_.jpg

el_barto

Reaction score
I agree. Even aftermarket SAE fog lights shouldn't blind anyone, if properly aimed, due to the narrow pattern with a clean cutoff.
2xss3y-pro_79929_.jpg
Yea, the problem is there are many aftermarket “fog lights” that do not have quite the sharp cutoff required for SAE/DOT compliance and can be blinding(eg, Baja Designs non-SAE wide/cornering light in the OEM fog pockets.)

CanadianIronhead

Banned for flashing
Reaction score
More light

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Ah! You're that guy running around with fog lights on all the time with no fog in sight?!?!
‍I can't stand those people, most of the time I'll blind em with my Baja designs non SAE fogs with a quick blast, or the light bar.
LOL. Good for you. Like I give a ****.

Users who are viewing this thread