Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog light for 2019 Tradesman

crawlex

Reaction score
Can Alpha OBD be used to allow the fogs and high beams to be on at the same time? Or is a standalone switch the only option for that functionality?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Link Brosef, link!

ROFL.

Top post in the 6.4L powertrain forum.

Just made it a sticky.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m in the sticks on a not so smart phone. Can you just give a brother a link dammit to hell!

?? I put the link in my reply.

crawlex

Reaction score
I am considering wiring the fogs to activate off of the low beams. I would like to tap off of the low beam wire to activate a relay that would power the fogs. This would allow me to avoid running any wires into the cab at all..

My only problem is that I can not locate a relay or fuse under the hood that powers the lights. And I can’t tap off of the wire powering the bulb itself because it supplies a pwm signal which I cannot use to trigger a relay...

can anyone think of a fuse or relay that could be tapped for this purpose? Specifically a circuit that only powers simultaneously with the low beams?

Richram

Reaction score
I am considering wiring the fogs to activate off of the low beams. I would like to tap off of the low beam wire to activate a relay that would power the fogs. This would allow me to avoid running any wires into the cab at all..

My only problem is that I can not locate a relay or fuse under the hood that powers the lights. And I can’t tap off of the wire powering the bulb itself because it supplies a pwm signal which I cannot use to trigger a relay...

can anyone think of a fuse or relay that could be tapped for this purpose? Specifically a circuit that only powers simultaneously with the low beams?
I just finished installing some Diode Dynamics, and ran a fuse tap from the clearance lamps to control the fogs with a relay so that I didn't need a switch in the cab. Haven't made up my mind about how I'm going to control them yet so I let the relay do the work for now.

crawlex

Reaction score
Richram, thank you for that. I do not have clearance lights however I discovered that I still have the 15a circuit for them. (Fuse F79 for inquiring minds). And the circuit actuated with the headlights. Perfect!

This makes things even simpler for me, since there is no load on the circuit I can use it to power my fogs and don’t need a relay or additional circuit to do so. I really like that solution, for now...

crawlex

Reaction score
I have completed my fog light installation and while I deviated from going OEM I wanted to share my results here.

Parts used:

My goal was to avoid penetrating the firewall and installing a switch in the truck.

Bussmann BP/HHTR-RP ATR Micro II Fuse Tap
H11 socket pigtails
14ga primary wire
Wire loom
Ring terminals
Diode Dynamics SST Pros is white

All of the oem brackets, trim pieces, nuts and bolts summarized in an earlier post.

I used a fuse tap on fuse position F79 which is the circuit that powers roof clearance lights for trucks equipped. My truck is not equipped with clearance lights so I used the circuit to power my fogs, alternatively the circuit could be used to trigger a relay actuating an alternate circuit to power fogs. There was an existing hole in the fuse panel box that I was able to feed the power wire through, no modification to the box was necessary. From the fuse tap I created a harness with H11 style ends in case I decide to go with oem fogs In the future. The wire harness was grounded down by the fog location with a ring terminal to the untranslated metal bracketing of the bumper.

Wired in this way I have noticed the following:
If the parking lights are on the Fogs are on.

If the headlights are switched to the on position the fogs are on.

If the high beams are actuated the fogs stay on.

When unlocking the truck the headlights come on but the fogs do not.

When headlights are set to “auto” in low light the headlights come on in DRL mode and the fogs do not illuminate. In the darkness of night the headlights and the fogs come on.

I find it quite acceptable for now.

Attachments

• EFFAF782-13F9-4B18-9E92-F6DE69E1BE17.jpeg
    EFFAF782-13F9-4B18-9E92-F6DE69E1BE17.jpeg
    546.6 KB · Views: 194
  • FB252010-9F30-4662-8F5A-909B7CC138F3.jpeg
    FB252010-9F30-4662-8F5A-909B7CC138F3.jpeg
    400.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 0F041F02-CAFE-4BC5-BC10-82EDE5E35718.jpeg
    0F041F02-CAFE-4BC5-BC10-82EDE5E35718.jpeg
    543.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 60EA3476-29F6-4506-B086-4B0D078CB120.jpeg
    60EA3476-29F6-4506-B086-4B0D078CB120.jpeg
    756.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 9C835193-2DDB-4995-A7DF-6C336D7D2F2C.jpeg
    9C835193-2DDB-4995-A7DF-6C336D7D2F2C.jpeg
    517.3 KB · Views: 201

pionex_80

Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for a factory LED fog light jumper harness for a 2019 Bighorn 2500? I have ordered two now and both arrived as incorrect. Maybe if you have the factory lights already installed at the factory you might have a tag on the harness that has the part number? I need the one without the front bumper sensors.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for a factory LED fog light jumper harness for a 2019 Bighorn 2500? I have ordered two now and both arrived as incorrect. Maybe if you have the factory lights already installed at the factory you might have a tag on the harness that has the part number? I need the one without the front bumper sensors.
The part number you want, that doesn’t contain the connectors for the sensors, is 68377333AD. Problem is, it will be useless to you if you don’t have the 16-way connector present on your truck to plug it into. I haven’t heard of anybody yet that came factory without fogs or sensors having that connector present. You would basically have to cut the 16-way connector off, and extend the two fog lamp driver wires to the BCM.

pionex_80

Reaction score
The part number you want, that doesn’t contain the connectors for the sensors, is 68377333AD. Problem is, it will be useless to you if you don’t have the 16-way connector present on your truck to plug it into. I haven’t heard of anybody yet that came factory without fogs or sensors having that connector present. You would basically have to cut the 16-way connector off, and extend the two fog lamp driver wires to the BCM.
When I run this part number it looks to be a jumper that includes the wiring for the sensors. I think I might be better off doing just as you sort of suggest and that is to modify the harness I have now, and extend it all the way up to C1:1 and C4:13 at the BCM. Thanks.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
When I run this part number it looks to be a jumper that includes the wiring for the sensors. I think I might be better off doing just as you sort of suggest and that is to modify the harness I have now, and extend it all the way up to C1:1 and C4:13 at the BCM. Thanks.
That part number is definitely the one without sensors. You can’t go by the generic drawings, you have to go by the sales codes attached to the part number.

Jkcamro67

Reaction score
I don't know if it helps or not, but I just looked at my '19 Tradesman with the factory LED fog lights (Safety Group). The driver's side LED fog has a white/yellow wire and a black wire. The passenger side LED has a white/orange wire and a black wire. Each light only has 2 wires connected. Based on the nature of the wiring now, I'm sure the LED's are wired separately from the factory such that the vehicle "sees" each LED fog light separately.

View attachment 4486

View attachment 4487

View attachment 4488
Anyone know the part number for the led fog lamp bezels without parking sensors as seen in the picture?

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
I have completed my fog light installation and while I deviated from going OEM I wanted to share my results here.

Parts used:

My goal was to avoid penetrating the firewall and installing a switch in the truck.

Bussmann BP/HHTR-RP ATR Micro II Fuse Tap
H11 socket pigtails
14ga primary wire
Wire loom
Ring terminals
Diode Dynamics SST Pros is white

All of the oem brackets, trim pieces, nuts and bolts summarized in an earlier post.

I used a fuse tap on fuse position F79 which is the circuit that powers roof clearance lights for trucks equipped. My truck is not equipped with clearance lights so I used the circuit to power my fogs, alternatively the circuit could be used to trigger a relay actuating an alternate circuit to power fogs. There was an existing hole in the fuse panel box that I was able to feed the power wire through, no modification to the box was necessary. From the fuse tap I created a harness with H11 style ends in case I decide to go with oem fogs In the future. The wire harness was grounded down by the fog location with a ring terminal to the untranslated metal bracketing of the bumper.

Wired in this way I have noticed the following:
If the parking lights are on the Fogs are on.

If the headlights are switched to the on position the fogs are on.

If the high beams are actuated the fogs stay on.

When unlocking the truck the headlights come on but the fogs do not.

When headlights are set to “auto” in low light the headlights come on in DRL mode and the fogs do not illuminate. In the darkness of night the headlights and the fogs come on.

I find it quite acceptable for now.

I have the marker lights. But that's a great idea. And works perfect. I can't imagine ever wanting markers on without fog lights. I'll probably do this next year. Those lights look good too. Relay is not a bad idea. That way I can use the signal to potentially turn on more lights in the future.

Jkcamro67

Reaction score
Anyone know the part number for the led fog lamp bezels without parking sensors as seen in the picture?
I don't know if it helps or not, but I just looked at my '19 Tradesman with the factory LED fog lights (Safety Group). The driver's side LED fog has a white/yellow wire and a black wire. The passenger side LED has a white/orange wire and a black wire. Each light only has 2 wires connected. Based on the nature of the wiring now, I'm sure the LED's are wired separately from the factory such that the vehicle "sees" each LED fog light separately.

View attachment 4486

View attachment 4487

View attachment 4488
The led fog light bezels without sensors like on the tradesman with safety/towing upgrades. Anyone know the part number?

Users who are viewing this thread