Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog light for 2019 Tradesman

Demaggg

Reaction score
Hello to all and thanks for having me. I just picked up a 2019 crew cab Tradesman. I tried to get the dealer to add fogs lights but was told that they are not available as an add on ? Same for the factory trailer brake control (not that big of a deal) Even remote start was a no go from my dealer. I also was also told they couldn't sell me fold up tow mirrors. I asked if I drove off the lot and ripped off a mirror how would I replace it? The parts guy just stared at me. LOL. I did great on the price but is this stuff really not available or do they just not want to bother? I called a near by dealer that sells a lot of factory stuff on line and was told pretty much the same thing. Im wondering if the 1500 are the same. Thanks to all!

[Mod Edit: Page 5 Parts List:]

Last edited by a moderator:

eaukland_7

Reaction score
I’m having the same problems. I was promised remote start with my purchase but it’s not available. My dealer calls me once a week to tell me it’s still not available. Same with trailer brake controller. If you go on mopar.com almost every part for 2019 says 3500,4500,5500 but nothing for 2500. Very frustrating. Parts will have to be released eventually.

Demaggg

Reaction score
I’m having the same problems. I was promised remote start with my purchase but it’s not available. My dealer calls me once a week to tell me it’s still not available. Same with trailer brake controller. If you go on mopar.com almost every part for 2019 says 3500,4500,5500 but nothing for 2500. Very frustrating. Parts will have to be released eventually.
For the better part of the past 2 days I have been going round and round with the people at Ram Care over the fold out tow mirrors,. I have been told by 3 different people that there is " nothing available in regards to mirror upgrades" I asked what would happen if I bought the fold out mirrors.., is the plug the same? would the main part of the mirror and the heated element work? I understand that the puddle light, turn signal and spot mirror adjustment would all not work. I asked if I purchased the mirrors and the controls in the door could the dealer Flash the truck to make the mirrors work as they should? They wont tell me. I would be surprised if Dodge uses more than one wiring harness in these trucks I understand some things may be missing and need to be added . Funny, the trailer control unit was in the truck next to mine on the lot but yet its not available. LOL good luck! Let me know how you make out.

eaukland_7

Reaction score
Its things like this, that i just dont understand. How can it be compatible with a 3500 and not a 2500. Its the same story with almost every part on the website.
Screenshot (12).png

Landshaper

Reaction score
Hello to all and thanks for having me. I just picked up a 2019 crew cab Tradesman. I tried to get the dealer to add fogs lights but was told that they are not available as an add on ? Same for the factory trailer brake control (not that big of a deal) Even remote start was a no go from my dealer. I also was also told they couldn't sell me fold up tow mirrors. I asked if I drove off the lot and ripped off a mirror how would I replace it? The parts guy just stared at me. LOL. I did great on the price but is this stuff really not available or do they just not want to bother? I called a near by dealer that sells a lot of factory stuff on line and was told pretty much the same thing. Im wondering if the 1500 are the same. Thanks to all!

I to have a 19 cc 2500 tradesman. Salesman told me all towing necessities included. yes factory trailer brake controller also.
Picked up truck and no factory trailer brake controller. Called with stern confidence. Dealer kept in touch throughout process of unsure wether they would be able to install factory or aftermarket. Was told to look under dash near steering column to see if there were two separate pin plugs present. Found one but not two. They ordered factory trailer brake controller and installed. Before install I had no digital dash functions for brake controller gain etc. After install all factory functions were there in mini display and controller works right. I think there are certain capabilities that are present in ALL trucks for manufacturing purposes and costs. However I do not see a fog light controller on my head lamp knob so idk.

Zrojas

Reaction score
I to have a 19 cc 2500 tradesman. Salesman told me all towing necessities included. yes factory trailer brake controller also.
Picked up truck and no factory trailer brake controller. Called with stern confidence. Dealer kept in touch throughout process of unsure wether they would be able to install factory or aftermarket. Was told to look under dash near steering column to see if there were two separate pin plugs present. Found one but not two. They ordered factory trailer brake controller and installed. Before install I had no digital dash functions for brake controller gain etc. After install all factory functions were there in mini display and controller works right. I think there are certain capabilities that are present in ALL trucks for manufacturing purposes and costs. However I do not see a fog light controller on my head lamp knob so idk.

On my 2016 3500 Tradesman, I put a stock bumper with fog lights in it, made a wiring harness, and then just replaced the headlamp switch with one that had fog lamp controls. After that I had to go to the dealer to get them to add the sales code to the computer and my fog lamps operate with no issues. If the 2019s use the same yazaki connectors at the PDC, I have a roll of the pins left because the minimum order was 100 and I only used two.

Demaggg

Reaction score
Wondering how you made put with the remote start? I just got it installed this week end. Now if they would just make a tow mirror for it.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I added factory fogs and wired them to a switch so I could have high beams and fogs simultaneously.

I had the dealer install the factory brake controller with no issues.

Demaggg

Reaction score
I added factory fogs and wired them to a switch so I could have high beams and fogs simultaneously.

I had the dealer install the factory brake controller with no issues.
What harness did you use on the factory fogs?
Did you use one of the factory up fit switches ? I just ordered the lights from mopar. Also wondering if I need use a relay? Thanks for getting back.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I built a crossover harness to connect the fogs then wired them up to an aftermarket switch. I did not use a relay. I did use an inline fuse.

Demaggg

Reaction score
I built a crossover harness to connect the fogs then wired them up to an aftermarket switch. I did not use a relay. I did use an inline fuse.
I was wondering if you remember the part numbers you used? I have the lights ( I think) but I need plastic trim that replaces the black filler panels in the bumper and I would think there is some kind of mounting hardware or bracket. The only trucks I see with fog light are led and have the park assist sensors in the assembly. I got the regular incandescent bulb versions. thanks for the help.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
yup I have an extra set of the bezels as well as the brackets. will post them up as soon as I get to the house.

Demaggg

Reaction score
If you mean you have an extra set as in don't need them, I would gladly buy them from you . If not the part numbers would be a great help! thanks.

Demaggg

Reaction score
Factory fog lights installed. Thanks to elephantrider for the part numbers. The dealer was no help at all. Wired them to up fitter switch #1 . Used a relay even though I really didn’t need to.

Attachments

• B8F585C5-0811-4B3E-BFF4-F1961F7179E4.jpeg
    B8F585C5-0811-4B3E-BFF4-F1961F7179E4.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 529

Compshooter

Reaction score
I ordered the fog light bezels and brackets but the online dealer is giving me warnings they don't fit my vehicle. I suspect they looked up my supplied VIN and realized my Tradesman didn't originally come with fog lights so these won't fit it. I told them how I plan to direct wire it to aux switch one... no reply and no shipping yet. I was hoping to install these this weekend but maybe not now. Arrgh!

Users who are viewing this thread