Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog light for 2019 Tradesman

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It's all in the pdf file I attached.
Pretty sure each aux switch has its own fuse and relay, they are located in the little fuse box next to where you connect the wires on the drivers side firewall under the hood. It’s a apiece of cake.

Yes, and you can move fuses around to meet the need of the load as long as the maximum combined ratings listed in the docs are not exceeded.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I ordered my truck with the auxiliary switches (haven’t received truck yet) so I should expect to get a bag of wires. I assume I still need to purchase wires/harness to get from fog lights to firewall, right?

Yes, bag of wires are about 1 foot or so long each.

Video is older 5 Aux setup but similar enough to get the gist of it.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if it helps or not, but I just looked at my '19 Tradesman with the factory LED fog lights (Safety Group). The driver's side LED fog has a white/yellow wire and a black wire. The passenger side LED has a white/orange wire and a black wire. Each light only has 2 wires connected. Based on the nature of the wiring now, I'm sure the LED's are wired separately from the factory such that the vehicle "sees" each LED fog light separately.

View attachment 4486

View attachment 4487

View attachment 4488

They're also wired separately because the higher trims (?) have individual fogs with turn signal and steering angle. I know the Limited/Longhorn does and pretty sure the Laramie as well but I'm not sure about the others.

dug

Reaction score
Thanks! Sounds like I just need to purchase wires to bridge gap between lights and aux box. Probably make more sense when I get the truck and lights.

Thoughts on SAE vs non-SAE lights? Baja Designs gives the option

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Sounds like I just need to purchase wires to bridge gap between lights and aux box. Probably make more sense when I get the truck and lights.

Thoughts on SAE vs non-SAE lights? Baja Designs gives the option

<shrugs> I've always only had factory stuff.

TDRamOH

Reaction score
Hahaha....I didn't find $3.99 that surprising. So I went looking around online and was pleasantly surprised to find them for $0.63.

Where did you find them and what is the part number? I just want to get the right screw. I thought I heard somewhere that you can use what held in the blank inserts, but I am not sure.

TogaLock77

Reaction score
I just got my 2020 Tradesman, I put the OEM LED fog lights in the bumper, I have two OEM connectors for the LED lights and no idea how to wire. The fog lamps each have a four wire connector? would you by chance have a schematic on the wiring?
Having a hard time finding OEM fogs in stock with the supplied part numbers. Anyone know of aftermarket options like the Baja Designs?

Last edited:

dug

Reaction score
Had a question regarding the video brutal sent. When programming the auxiliary switch, it gives the option for the power source to be either the battery or ignition. What''s the difference? I want my aftermarket fog lights to function as if they were factory installed. Would I program like this: Type - latching or momentary, LATCHING. Power - battery or ignition, IGNITION.

Squatch

Reaction score
I believe ignition will let you turn them on only when truck is in accessory mode or running, wheras battery you can switch them on whether truck is running or not. Latch would turn them off and on when pressing the button. Momentary you would have to hold it down to keep it on and when you let go of the button it would shut off, so momentary would be good for a winch... I’m pretty sure that’s how it works, haven’t done it myself yet though.

dug

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking also. Since I want the fog lights to function like factory installed, sounds like IGNITION and LATCH is the way to go

JC16

Reaction score
Factory fog lights installed. Thanks to elephantrider for the part numbers. The dealer was no help at all. Wired them to up fitter switch #1 . Used a relay even though I really didn’t need to.
Would I be able to get the same guys please?
Factory fog lights installed. Thanks to elephantrider for the part numbers. The dealer was no help at all. Wired them to up fitter switch #1 . Used a relay even though I really didn’t need to.
Hi,
Would I be able to get the same ones please?
I have a 2019 3500 DRW
Thx so much in advance.

TogaLock77

Reaction score
My attempt to condense the fog light installation information.
A link for the bezels pair (order 1) 68449341aa
A link for the brackets pair (order 1) 68449383aa

The driver's side and pax side are almost identical except for one item I will mention later. Drivers Fog Light Blank.jpg
I would start with the driver's side and small lights really help.5-16th.jpg Here is the blank and bezel for comparison. IMG_1341.jpg
You can easily reach all the bolts from behind the bumper without removing anything although it's tight. Here are the locations of the bolts marked from the exterior. It's easier to get a photo and visualize it this way. InkedIMG_1339_LI.jpg
The only challenge, aside from the tight quarters, comes from the side bolts (green arrow). I wouldn't worry about removing these but rather loosening them if you can. The driver's side will easily come out, but you will find the one on the pax side is trapped in place by the bumper. No big deal. With the other four bolts removed the fog light blank will pop out straight forward leaving the side bolt in place. InkedInkedIMG_1339_LI.jpg When reinstalling just loosen that side bolt a bit on the pax side and fit the new bezel into place. All that's left is to fasten things up.

Attachments

• Drivers Fog Light Blank.jpg
    Drivers Fog Light Blank.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 5-16th.jpg
    5-16th.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 135
  • InkedIMG_1339_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_1339_LI.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 129
  • InkedInkedIMG_1339_LI.jpg
    InkedInkedIMG_1339_LI.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

TogaLock77

Reaction score
Finished up
IMG_1343.jpg InkedIMG_1344_LI.jpg

I still need to install the brackets. I'm waiting until I find a fog light to do that. Unfortunately, the part number listed at the beginning of this thread shows as discontinued. I'm currently on the search for dimensions and preferably an LED option.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
Baja designs makes a nice plug and play set up. it's expensive but pretty sweet.

b307a1

Reaction score
Here is a listing of all of the parts needed to install halogen fog lights in a Tradesman (or an unequipped Bighorn). I just installed mine today.

Quantity of parts and price.
2) lamp-fog 68202187AA - $102.00 ea.
1) Bracket - Fog lamp 68449383AA. both left and right sides come together. - $22.82 ea.
1) Bezel- Fog light 68449341AA. Both left and right sides come together. - $13.68 ea.
6) Bolt- 68368951AA. These are to mount the fog light to the bracket. - $0.85 ea.
8) Nut- 68404464AA. These are j-nuts that go in the mounting holes in the bumper bracket so you can mount the fog light bracket to it. - $0.50 ea.
8) Bolt- Hex Head 6508065AA. These screw into the j- nuts-. $1.39 ea.

That's all you need...….now the stuff on the electrical end is another subject!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread