Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog light for 2019 Tradesman

Olive2020

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the info on the fog lamps. I am looking forward to adding these to my tradesman as well. One question.

@elephantrider
@Compshooter
What did you use for a connector/ harness to the bulb? Was it anything unique or special? Pictures from the backside would be awesome if possible.

Thanks,
2020 Olive green 2020 CCSB Tradesman

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
if you're talking about the crossover harness between the fogs, I just built a harness and used some h11 pigtails off of amazon.

Compshooter

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the info on the fog lamps. I am looking forward to adding these to my tradesman as well. One question.

@elephantrider
@Compshooter
What did you use for a connector/ harness to the bulb? Was it anything unique or special? Pictures from the backside would be awesome if possible.

I'm still waiting for my bezels to come in. But when they do I plan on using H11 connectors like these...

Tomstation4

Reaction score
Factory fog lights installed. Thanks to elephantrider for the part numbers. The dealer was no help at all. Wired them to up fitter switch #1 . Used a relay even though I really didn’t need to.
It looks great and I would like to do the same. Could you please send a list of part numbers including both lights, any bezels and brackets. Thanks!

2020Tradesman2500

Reaction score
I added factory fogs and wired them to a switch so I could have high beams and fogs simultaneously.

I had the dealer install the factory brake controller with no issues.
I just got my 2020 Tradesman, I put the OEM LED fog lights in the bumper, I have two OEM connectors for the LED lights and no idea how to wire. The fog lamps each have a four wire connector? would you by chance have a schematic on the wiring?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
i don't have a schematic. i used the halogen lenses so it would match the headlights.

what color are the 4 wires ?

Cinderblock_sniper

Reaction score
I’m going to wire these into my upfit switch panel, which looks a bit intimidating, but first question, just connect the blacks together from R-L and ground to the frame, then connect the other word together and run them to the switch block?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m going to wire these into my upfit switch panel, which looks a bit intimidating, but first question, just connect the blacks together from R-L and ground to the frame, then connect the other word together and run them to the switch block?

If you have the Aux switches, there are two connectors under the hood near the firewall. You have a wire bundle that came with the option.

You just need to bring your 12V load into one of them and program the switch settings in the EVIC.

M Penwald

Reaction score
I just got my 2020 Tradesman, I put the OEM LED fog lights in the bumper, I have two OEM connectors for the LED lights and no idea how to wire. The fog lamps each have a four wire connector? would you by chance have a schematic on the wiring?

I don't know if it helps or not, but I just looked at my '19 Tradesman with the factory LED fog lights (Safety Group). The driver's side LED fog has a white/yellow wire and a black wire. The passenger side LED has a white/orange wire and a black wire. Each light only has 2 wires connected. Based on the nature of the wiring now, I'm sure the LED's are wired separately from the factory such that the vehicle "sees" each LED fog light separately.

Driver side LED fog.jpg

Passenger side LED fog.jpg

'19 Tradesman 2500 LED Lights.jpg

b307a1

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the screws that are used to mount the actual fog light to the bracket. I ordered the lights, brackets and bezels.....the screws were not included.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the screws that are used to mount the actual fog light to the bracket. I ordered the lights, brackets and bezels.....the screws were not included.
Those will be $3.99/ea. Thank you, FCA.:);) Typical these days where everything is a purchase item.

b307a1

Reaction score
Those will be $3.99/ea. Thank you, FCA.:);) Typical these days where everything is a purchase item.
Hahaha....I didn't find $3.99 that surprising. So I went looking around online and was pleasantly surprised to find them for $0.63.

dug

Reaction score
I just ordered all the parts (I think - bezel, bracket, hardware) to install fog lights on my Tradesman (when it arrives - just placed an order) minus the actual fog lamp. I intend to install the Baja Designs Fog Pocket kit (see link below) and need a little help with getting these wired up. I want to control the fog lights from one of the factory installed auxiliary switches I ordered with the truck. From reading on here and other forums, it sounds like I need some sort of harness to get from the fog lights to the auxiliary switch, right? I have no idea what materials I need to make this happen. Do I need a fuse? Relay? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the electrical side of things so forgive me if I'm way off.

Also, any opinion on SAE vs non-SAE lights?

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I just ordered all the parts (I think - bezel, bracket, hardware) to install fog lights on my Tradesman (when it arrives - just placed an order) minus the actual fog lamp. I intend to install the Baja Designs Fog Pocket kit (see link below) and need a little help with getting these wired up. I want to control the fog lights from one of the factory installed auxiliary switches I ordered with the truck. From reading on here and other forums, it sounds like I need some sort of harness to get from the fog lights to the auxiliary switch, right? I have no idea what materials I need to make this happen. Do I need a fuse? Relay? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the electrical side of things so forgive me if I'm way off.

You do not have to go to the switch, there is a port on the firewall. You use the wire accessory kit that came with truck, if outfitted with aux switches.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have the Aux switch option, you should have a bag of wires and this instruction sheet.

P.S. The gray plug in that bag gets plugged in way up behind the dash about horizontal with the headlight switch and close to the firewall if you want to send power to the rear blunt cut wires by the spare tire. There are two loops in that bundle, ignition and bat+, that you can also tap into if needed. I'd fuse anything you add.

There's also a wire in that bundle that connects to the pass-thru labeled port on the AUX firewall connector. You can loop an aux position back through that pass-thru to bring a switched aux into the cab without drilling holes or pushing through another bundle. Light Grey firewall plug #4, circuit G425.

There will soon be a full document showing all those options with superb examples and wiring details put up by @thestuarts but I think he hasn't finished polishing it or published it yet. If he did, I missed it.

Attachments

• Ram_Heavy Duty Truck_ Pick Up_Aux Switch_2019+ revA.pdf
    943.8 KB · Views: 168

Squatch

Reaction score

Pretty sure each aux switch has its own fuse and relay, they are located in the little fuse box next to where you connect the wires on the drivers side firewall under the hood. It’s a apiece of cake.

dug

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I ordered my truck with the auxiliary switches (haven’t received truck yet) so I should expect to get a bag of wires. I assume I still need to purchase wires/harness to get from fog lights to firewall, right?

Users who are viewing this thread