Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Flares?

Bighorn2020

Reaction score
Had a set of those...I liked them. Your flares look pretty good too. Didn't even notice those when I was looking around at different ones.

Possum

Reaction score
Here's a picture of my Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT in 285/75-R18 (35x11.50) with 18x9 +12 wheels. Perfect setup for the Power Wagon flares and flaps.

I call it the Sham Wagon. Got the factory PW suspension, quick disconnect front sway bar, and now the PW flares, flaps, and air dam.

As soon as the weather warms up I'm going to wrap the chrome in matte black vinyl

2e110ced5c835ed5578e5d48ad98da47.jpg

8ab32c44ed079ac9a4612a4eebf4982a.jpg

666eadcd9f34f3482558cce09829b48a.jpg

e39b2ff614d0a7c5cbb5084d0a3ead3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possum

Reaction score
What sive of tape

What size of tape are you thinking of down lower? I assume the 1/2" was what you used for the upper?

I'm not sure. I'd have to look and see how wide the metal lip is under the flares. Probably 1.5" tape or so

Bighorn2020

Reaction score
Here's a picture of my Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT in 285/75-R18 (35x11.50) with 18x9 +12 wheels. Perfect setup for the Power Wagon flares and flaps.

I call it the Sham Wagon. Got the factory PW suspension, quick disconnect front sway bar, and now the PW flares, flaps, and air dam.

As soon as the weather warms up I'm going to wrap the chrome in matte black vinyl

2e110ced5c835ed5578e5d48ad98da47.jpg

8ab32c44ed079ac9a4612a4eebf4982a.jpg

666eadcd9f34f3482558cce09829b48a.jpg

e39b2ff614d0a7c5cbb5084d0a3ead3c.jpg

That actually made me laugh out loud! I read that to my wife and she just looked at me funny until I explained it to her. I was looking at yours earlier today...it's what made me think twice about what I was doing with the Laramie flares. Just when I thought I had my mind settled, you throw a big 'ol wrench into the mix....Geez thanks lol. Yours looks good too. They are all so much better than stock for sure!

ianacole

Reaction score
For those recommending adding PPF tape where aftermarket flares will meet the paint, do the factory flares require the same approach? Is it a function of having the rubber seal that can capture dirt particles that creates the concern, or will factory flares do the same thing over time?

Possum

Reaction score
For those recommending adding PPF tape where aftermarket flares will meet the paint, do the factory flares require the same approach? Is it a function of having the rubber seal that can capture dirt particles that creates the concern, or will factory flares do the same thing over time?

The factory flares don't have any kind of protection so they'll cause rubbing and rust eventually too. In fact they might be worse because they have a dozen holes in the fenders for the clips to vibrate and rub on

ianacole

Reaction score
Well, got a response back on my support request:

Luis S. (Lund International)
Jan 25, 2021, 9:37 AM EST
Ian,

Thank you for your email. The steps are correct per design, if you have any further questions please ask.
Luis S.
Customer Care

Guess I'll be looking for new side steps as I really don't like how this looks.

TophandRam

Reaction score
I like the Power Wagon flares on my 19 Tradesman about a 1/ 2 wider than the Laramie painted flares..
I am running Ultra 20x9 +18, with Nitto 35 12.50 Terra Grapplers on the Carli Leveling kit, the tires fit right up the edge of the flares..I did not replaces the spats didnt need them..
Cheap upgrade Mopar part just add the 3m double side tape and inner fender screws..had my on for about 6 months with no problem..

shubharora734

Reaction score
So I’m on the hunt for flares as well. I’ve ordered a 2018 set as it seemed like the best option out there since I didn’t want the rivet look of the ONLY style mopar is offering. But I’m having second thoughts now as I’d really like to keep the plastic trim along the bottom, especially with my 8ft box.

Reactions: mwl

ianacole

Reaction score
Where are folks finding the PPF tape? I hit up both Autozone and Advance today and (not surprisingly) was met with blank stares when I described what I was looking for and why I needed it.

Possum

Reaction score
Where are folks finding the PPF tape? I hit up both Autozone and Advance today and (not surprisingly) was met with blank stares when I described what I was looking for and why I needed it.

Amazon. I posted a link up the thread a little

abillerbeck

Reaction score
I've got the OEM Laramie flares on mine from the factory but thinking about swapping them out for the Mopar off-road style, anyone have an experience with this? Is it hard to get the stock flares off? Any issues with putting the off-road style on after taking the stock flares off?

whitexc

Reaction score
Are color matched flares available? Not sure how black flares would look on a white truck.....also not sure I want the bolted look.

Another thing to consider is going back to factory wheels for winter and can't have that tough fender look with skinny inset wheels. Decisions!

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Are color matched flares available? Not sure how black flares would look on a white truck.....also not sure I want the bolted look.

Another thing to consider is going back to factory wheels for winter and can't have that tough fender look with skinny inset wheels. Decisions!
The flares you have to get painted, and the rams actually dont look goofy with flares and stock tires not like the ford and gms

Users who are viewing this thread