Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

BLuRRnAWAY

Reaction score
Well...just got a shocking phone call. My new truck is at the dealership!!!! 10.75 weeks since I placed the order. I ordered the 3500 CC LB on 11/7/2021.

They’re definitely speeding up the process, congratulations! Post some pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TitanWrenchworks

Reaction score
Man, I'm Jealous of all you guys getting your trucks within 14 Weeks, I ordered my 3500 Megacab Limited Night edition Sept 7-2020(but via Fleet not customer) and have an ETA somewhere in Feb which makes it 23 weeks if it does show up Mid Feb. I checked window sticker the other day and nothing came up so here I sit and wait.

Skycopper

Reaction score
No it does not, mine sat in Mexico for at least month.
Hello everyone,

This post is going to cover a lot of ground. Part new member introduction, part RANT, and a little history, and maybe a question or two. I also posted this in reply to Larson because we share some common ground.

Ordered 2021 2500 Laramie 2/20/21. Build completed and moved to JB status 3/30 with a ship date of 4/4. Then nothing happened on 4/4. Contacted dealer and was told nothing more. Dealer has been pretty useless other than the occasional email threatening to get the regional manager involved with my truck’s status. Been contacting Ram Chat daily for last two weeks and they tell me truck was completed on 3/30 but is awaiting installation of optional equipment. No clue as to what equipment I’m waiting for is, just waiting, for almost 30 days now. (That’s the 30 days in Mexico thing with Larson) I’m sure it could be delivered without the option, and updated in the field, but THAT’s not an option.

Frustrating part of this is it’s not my first time up against this crap. In 2003 I ordered a 1500 Laramie or SLT maybe back then but Benz was smart enough to tell me within days of placing the order that my Bose Stereo was backordered and would delay my build 3 months. I found a reasonable facsimile on a dealer lot in another part of the state and bought that truck. They knew BEFORE production there was a problem and was proactive, 18 years ago! The trucks today may be loaded with technology but FCA doesn’t seem to understand how to leverage it into customer relationships. Not my first rodeo here either. So far I’ve owned 90 Ramcharger 360 CID, 93 Dakota 5.2L, 2000 Neon(best Go-Kart ever), and currently own a mint 2003 Durango and 1500 CC LB. So I’m not new to the MOPAR family, but I am new to this kind of torture.

Why can’t they tell me what’s missing? When the part will arrive? Save me three weeks of transport wait time and ship it now, install optional part in the field? This is all VERY frustrating.

RANT OFF. Thanks for listening.

whitexc

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Even more frustrating is some trucks are flying right through production, upfit and are being delivered in what seems like amazing time frames compared to others....with bells and whistles. There seems to be zero rhyme or reason to how things are playing out. Yes, we all know about the chips. We all know the entire auto industry and more is affected. Be open and honest with your customers. It isn't that difficult.

For what it's worth......my truck was 3 days shy of 12 weeks from order to delivery. Best of luck. It's worth the wait, as frustrating as it can be.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

cmcx2011

Reaction score
Ordered a '21 Limited 2500 (Diamond Black, Night Edition, 6.7, CCSB, 4x4, every package and option other than Air Ride) back on 20 March 2021.

As of today it is STILL in D1, but scheduled to be built on 3 May 2021...

12_cummins

Reaction score
I ordered mine 1-25-21 3500 CCLB Laramie, sport package, SO 68RFE, Billet Silver Metallic, 50 gal tank, blind spot monitoring, cab lights, towing tech group, cold weather group, bed utility group, Laramie level 1, wheel to wheel steps, 275/70R18E on/off road tires, unconnect 12". Arrived at dealership today Wednesday 4-28-21. 13 weeks 2 days from order to arrival at dealer. I will be picking up this Friday 4-30-21.2021 Ram 3500 arrival 4-28-21.jpeg

Ruzzi23

Reaction score
For those of you that have placed orders, when did you order and what is the estimated delivery time. My order goes in tomorrow a
For those of you that have placed orders, when did you order and what is the estimated delivery time. My order goes in tomorrow am.

ordered on 3/29...ETA
For those of you that have placed orders, when did you order and what is the estimated delivery time. My order goes in tomorrow am.
Ordered on 3/29...shipped on 4/8...ETA to dealer is 5/6-5/20. Tradesman 2500 CCSB 6.4

Skycopper

Reaction score
Ordered on 3/29...shipped on 4/8...ETA to dealer is 5/6-5/20. Tradesman 2500 CCSB 6.4
I ordered on 2-19-21. To this day Ram Chat still says this:
"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. "

Been getting that same answer since 3-30-21. Not even a guess at when it might move beyond that status and no info on just what is holding it up.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I'm a 4/5 order, with a dealer ETA of 05/14/2021 - 05/28/2021. I think things may be speeding up a bit. Or, I should go play lotto.

I saw yours the other day.. yeah thats right. Super fast!!

Ruzzi23

Reaction score
I ordered on 2-19-21. To this day Ram Chat still says this:
"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. "

Been getting that same answer since 3-30-21. Not even a guess at when it might move beyond that status and no info on just what is holding it up.
Ram chat was definitely more broad in their answers...got better and more precise info when asking my salesman 8AA402DE-67D1-4384-8616-B4C579075090.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread