Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

Jankyl29

Reaction score
Dealer emailed me today to say my 2021 Ram 3500 H/O i ordered on 10/3/20 is scheduled to be built 12/16/20. ;)
This is all I know at the time.

Last edited:

cummins2020

Reaction score
Nope. Dealer says it's on the train with an estimate arrival date in Baltimore on 11/19. Then it has to be trucked here, dealer-prepped, state inspection. I'm guessing by the end of the month.
Hang Tough Sleepy!!! Its almost here!!! HAPPY for You and thank you for supporting me during my 5 1/2 month wait!!!

JasonB

Reaction score
My truck has arrived at the local (Buffalo) rail yard today. Ordered 8/8. Transport is backed up out of the yard. Dealer is expecting delivery in two weeks or so.

Skooter76

Reaction score
Hello. New member here although I've been a member since August. I've probably read just about every post in each of the forums and I must express how impressed I am with the knowledge and graciousness of all the members willing to help out. Hopefully I won't have any issues with my new Ram but if I do I know where to come.

Sometime in late July I started surfing the web for new trucks. Looking at a 2020 Nissan Titan on the floor while my wife was getting the oil changed in her Murano got me started. I new I didn't want another Ford and was considering a GMC. But once I got to looking at the RAMs I was hooked. My salesman and I scoured the US looking for a truck on a lot somewhere that I would be interested in. We came close a few times but missed out. He suggested I order a truck, but having had ordered 1997 Dodge Ram the wait was excruciating for me and I was reluctant to go through that again. I told him I would keep looking. The following day he came back with a promise from his FCA rep she could expedite and order and expect delivery in 6-7 weeks. FCA approved the order on August 10th.
Shortly after I was given an estimated ship date of 9/17. I was then told the truck would arrive in MN on 10/3. On 10/2 I was on Chat with RAM Cares and Amber said the truck was released from the plant and approved for shipping. . Apparently not going to make the 10/3 date. The nest update said it would be in MN on 10/25. After that date passed I was no longer excited, instead becoming upset. Then I got a new date of 11/13. Having chatted with RAM Cares numerous times I finally expressed my frustration and my case was escalated to US Customer Care. I received an mail from Jeff on 10/21. He told me what I had been hearing for week. that the truck was in the shipping process. His next contact with me would be on 11/4. On 11/4 I received another email from Jeff that the truck is in the shipping process. His next contact with me will be on 11/18. Enough! I called my dealer and asked to the General Manager. After three days of waiting for his call we finally spoke on Friday. Now may be y'all knew this but what I learned is the truck has been held up by FCA due to the fact that my dealer couldn't pay the invoice. He confessed he has a $1 million inventory credit with FCA and his last shipment of vehicles put him over by 25%. FCA would not ship him any more vehicles, including ordered trucks, until he was able to get below that threshold. My new date is now 11/25. Being Thanksgiving week I won't receive it until December. Not sure if I feel better or not but at least I got a real answer. Sorry for the long post. Just thought I would share..

imokru22

Reaction score
Hello. New member here although I've been a member since August. I've probably read just about every post in each of the forums and I must express how impressed I am with the knowledge and graciousness of all the members willing to help out. Hopefully I won't have any issues with my new Ram but if I do I know where to come.

Sometime in late July I started surfing the web for new trucks. Looking at a 2020 Nissan Titan on the floor while my wife was getting the oil changed in her Murano got me started. I new I didn't want another Ford and was considering a GMC. But once I got to looking at the RAMs I was hooked. My salesman and I scoured the US looking for a truck on a lot somewhere that I would be interested in. We came close a few times but missed out. He suggested I order a truck, but having had ordered 1997 Dodge Ram the wait was excruciating for me and I was reluctant to go through that again. I told him I would keep looking. The following day he came back with a promise from his FCA rep she could expedite and order and expect delivery in 6-7 weeks. FCA approved the order on August 10th.
Shortly after I was given an estimated ship date of 9/17. I was then told the truck would arrive in MN on 10/3. On 10/2 I was on Chat with RAM Cares and Amber said the truck was released from the plant and approved for shipping. . Apparently not going to make the 10/3 date. The nest update said it would be in MN on 10/25. After that date passed I was no longer excited, instead becoming upset. Then I got a new date of 11/13. Having chatted with RAM Cares numerous times I finally expressed my frustration and my case was escalated to US Customer Care. I received an mail from Jeff on 10/21. He told me what I had been hearing for week. that the truck was in the shipping process. His next contact with me would be on 11/4. On 11/4 I received another email from Jeff that the truck is in the shipping process. His next contact with me will be on 11/18. Enough! I called my dealer and asked to the General Manager. After three days of waiting for his call we finally spoke on Friday. Now may be y'all knew this but what I learned is the truck has been held up by FCA due to the fact that my dealer couldn't pay the invoice. He confessed he has a $1 million inventory credit with FCA and his last shipment of vehicles put him over by 25%. FCA would not ship him any more vehicles, including ordered trucks, until he was able to get below that threshold. My new date is now 11/25. Being Thanksgiving week I won't receive it until December. Not sure if I feel better or not but at least I got a real answer. Sorry for the long post. Just thought I would share..
Wow. Never trust salesmen on delivery dates. Typical deliveries since startup after Covid-19 have been 8-16 weeks. My August 12 order is due in November 18-December 3. Dealer said 11/20 is possible. That is 14-16 weeks. Don't despair. It will get there eventually.

Last edited:

jkempken

Reaction score
Wow. Never trust salesmen on delivery dates. Typical deliveries since startup after Covid-19 have been 8-16 weeks. My August 12 order is due in November 18-December 3. Dealer said 11/20 is possible. That is 14-16 weeks. Don't despair. It will get there eventually.
I know your pain. My truck has been in shipping since 9/25, and in Chicago rail yard since 11/1/2020 and I do not have an estimated delivery date to the dealer. Today when I emailed and asked they said it could be today or next week.

imokru22

Reaction score
FINALLY! Salesman texted today and said the truck is at El Mirage BNSF rail yard. Should be able to take delivery next Saturday. 3500 Longhorn 4x4 SRW LBDT HO Granite Crystal. Did my 5-year old happy dance.

Order 8/12/20
Built 10/20/20
Shipped 11/01/20
Arrived rail yard 11/15/20
Delivered to dealer 11/18/20

Total time exactly 14 weeks

Last edited:

imokru22

Reaction score
FINALLY! Salesman texted today and said the truck is at El Mirage BNSF rail yard. Should be able to take delivery next Saturday. 3500 Longhorn 4x4 SRW LBDT HO Granite Crystal. Did my 5-year old happy dance.

Order 8/12/20
Built 10/20/20
Shipped 11/01/20
Arrived rail yard 11/16/15/20
Delivered to dealer 11/18/20

Total time exactly 14 weeks
Bump

renagade69

Reaction score
I ordered 2021 on 11-6. The tracking is showing that the dealer delivery date is 1-5 . It's in status D1 now. From what I understand the fleet orders go to the front of the line and get build in front of all sold orders.

Sales Codes and Descriptions
Von: XXXXXX

*ULLIMITED LEATHER BUCKET SEATS
-X9 BLACK
ADB PROTECTION GROUP
AHU 5TH WHEEL/GOOSENECK TOWING PREP GRP
ASH NIGHT EDITION
A69 LIMITED LEVEL 1 EQUIPMENT GROUP
DBA ALL AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS
DG7 6-SPD AUTOMATIC 68RFE TRANSMISSION
DSA ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE
ETL 6.7L I6 CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL ENGINE
GVBALL VEHICLES W/POWER MIRRORS
GWA POWER SUNROOF
LHL AUXILIARY SWITCHES - I/P MOUNTED
MDN MOPAR BED STEP - DEPLOYABLE
NAS 50 STATE EMISSIONS
PAU GRANITE CRYSTAL MET. CLEAR COAT
RAA ALL RADIO EQUIPPED VEHICLES
SEBA UTO LEVEL REAR AIR SUSPENSION
WLZ ALL ALUMINUM WHEELS
XB2 RAMBOX DELETE
XG9 TRAILER TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYS
YEP MANUF STATEMENT OF ORIGIN
YG4 5.5 ADDITIONAL GALLONS OF DIESEL
2HM CUSTOMER PREFERRED PACKAGE 2HM
2SQ FCA FLEET POWERTRAIN CARE
2TM CUSTOMER PREFERRED PACKAGE 2TM
3AH PRICE PROTECTION - CODE H
3GC FLEET INCENTIVE WAIVER
3GD DELETE GROUP FUNDS-FLEET
4EA SOLD VEHICLE
4FM FLEET OPTION EDITOR
4FT FLEET SALES ORDER
4H4 SPECIAL SCHEDULING CONDITION VII
4WA MISC COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT
5N 6EASY ORDER
5XA ALL INCLUSIVE VIP PROGRAM
5XV OFF INVOICE TRACKING

From The Fleet Web site. We have a tracker that lets us look.

VONBody ModelStatusStatus DateVIN #Model YearFMC Fleet Account NumberCustomer Fleet Account NumberOrder DateDealer Delivery DateView Details
XXXXXXXX DJ7M91D12020-11-193C6UR5SL2MGxxxxxxx 2021XXXXXXXXXXX2020-11-062021-01-05Details

Last edited:

Mikes145

Reaction score
I think all sold orders, regardless of fleet or not, should have the ability to track them. I can't believe the sold orders are even close to trucks in volume they're just building to sell on dealer lots. Im hoping for my ordered truck next month.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sleepyweasel

Reaction score
Got a surprise call from my dealership late yesterday afternoon. My truck arrived earlier than expected.. One minor issue though, as the person that was detailing it broke the passenger side mirror while backing it out of the garage. New mirror has already be ordered and should be in earlier next week. Felt bad for the young man that did it, he was on the verge of tears. I told him do not worry about it.. No sheet metal was damage and it will not take longer than 45 minutes to replace it.
126134741_802090080398514_3495929508264281533_n.jpg

cummins2020

Reaction score
Got a surprise call from my dealership late yesterday afternoon. My truck arrived earlier than expected.. One minor issue though, as the person that was detailing it broke the passenger side mirror while backing it out of the garage. New mirror has already be ordered and should be in earlier next week. Felt bad for the young man that did it, he was on the verge of tears. I told him do not worry about it.. No sheet metal was damage and it will not take longer than 45 minutes to replace it.
View attachment 8731
Hell Yeah SLEEPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOO Happy for You!!! You were my best supporter!!!! 600 miles on my 3500 Bighorn HO and lovin it!!!

imokru22

Reaction score
Crud! My salesman texted me yesterday, the day before delivery, and said they found rear bumper damage from shipping. So, 3-5 days to fix or put on a new color matched bumper. I'll have to wait a week to pick it up. Maybe they will drop the price 500-1000 bucks.

Mikes145

Reaction score
View attachment 8731
When did you order?

Mikes145

Reaction score
I just chatted with FCA and my truck has finally been built. It shows code "js - shipped to storage." Now the wait really begins.

Users who are viewing this thread