Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

cummins2020

Reaction score
So I’m curious what all options are done “offsite” maybe the best way to get a sold order fast is to leave those boxes unchecked? To the poster prior what exactly is the “hot status” you speak of?
Im not the poster you mentioned, but I finally got my truck in the hot status after 5 months of waiting on delivery. It was setting in a railyard in Texas for weeks and my dealer and I complained to the zone rep about the hold up...thus the shipping order received the hot status, by-passing the next stop being trucked straight to my dealer. Offsite options are spray in bedliner, side steps, etc. Im sure there more knowledgeable people than I that will have more answers...Good luck on your order!!!

saltman

Reaction score
Our Pearl White Night Edition Laramie arrived Thursday 10/15. Order date was 8/19.
Do you mind sharing your build specs, I’m curious if your truck had to go through the “up-fit” process? There’s another one below your post that ordered same time frame and was a fast delivery 8 weeks

Jankyl29

Reaction score
I couldn't find what I wanted in my price range, so being behind the ball I went to 3 dealers at the end of September to try to order a HO 3500 SRW, Oct 2 i was called by the dealer to say ordering opened finally. I ordered my 2021 HO 3500 on Oct 3rd but was told they do not know when "building" will actually start....I left my down payment but only got a receipt for the $8000 I left, lol. I emailed the dealer on this past Friday, but he has not heard anything he said.
Does anyone have an idea when the 2021 HO will start production? I suppose seeing this truck before the end of the year is very far fetched...

imokru22

Reaction score
I couldn't find what I wanted in my price range, so being behind the ball I went to 3 dealers at the end of September to try to order a HO 3500 SRW, Oct 2 i was called by the dealer to say ordering opened finally. I ordered my 2021 HO 3500 on Oct 3rd but was told they do not know when "building" will actually start....I left my down payment but only got a receipt for the $8000 I left, lol. I emailed the dealer on this past Friday, but he has not heard anything he said.
Does anyone have an idea when the 2021 HO will start production? I suppose seeing this truck before the end of the year is very far fetched...
Production start date for 2500/3500 Ram was supposedly 10/12/2020. If you choose running boards and spray-in bed liner it takes more time before the truck ships out. Plus, Mexican farmers have been blocking rail and highways protesting against the Mexican government. Order to retail delivery on 2020 HD Rams from Saltillo has been 8-16 weeks since the factory restarted after covid lockdown.

bht222u

Reaction score
I ordered a 2021 2500 Laramie Level 1 package today ( Saturday 10/31/2020 ) . I'm hoping it comes just after Ram starts offering some sort of rebates on 2021 2500 rams. Lol. Any money saved is good.

I requested a brochure caused I've heard they sometime give you a $500 coupon in them.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Why on earth would you let the dealer sit on any money before taking delivery?

Jankyl29

Reaction score
They told me I had to put a "deposit" down. He asked how much I intended to put as a down payment, I said $16000. He said a $2000 "deposit" would be fine, so I just put half down then because I actually had it in cash from selling my skid steer days before, and I was supposed to go out of state that weekend for a 2020 3500 HO, but the dealer sold it the night before. I've never bought a new car in my life, let alone ordered one so wasn't too sure if I was doing something wrong.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
They told me I had to put a "deposit" down. He asked how much I intended to put as a down payment, I said $16000. He said a $2000 "deposit" would be fine, so I just put half down then because I actually had it in cash from selling my skid steer....I've never bought a new car in my life, let alone ordered one so wasn't too sure if I was doing something wrong.
Most dealers, if they even ask, will want 500-1000 refundable deposit to "hold" an order just to keep the tire kickers at bay. Many buyers that have a prior good relationship with their dealer won't even have to do that. A dealer that asked for $2,000 should be watched carefully that they don't try to add any BS fees on the deal. This isn't a pricing thread, but Invoice-holdback is the absolute least you should be paying.

FWIW, I put a small deposit down with my order, then on delivery when asked about a "down" I asked if I could put it on a CC (that I pay off monthly). "Sure!" Then they tried to back-peddle when I told them to put $30K on my Visa saying they couldn't do that much. They finally relented after playing a pricing game on a Maxcare.

Jankyl29

Reaction score
Most dealers, if they even ask, will want 500-1000 refundable deposit to "hold" an order just to keep the tire kickers at bay. Many buyers that have a prior good relationship with their dealer won't even have to do that. A dealer that asked for $2,000 should be watched carefully that they don't try to add any BS fees on the deal. This isn't a pricing thread, but Invoice-holdback is the absolute least you should be paying.

FWIW, I put a small deposit down with my order, then on delivery when asked about a "down" I asked if I could put it on a CC (that I pay off monthly). "Sure!" Then they tried to back-peddle when I told them to put $30K on my Visa saying they couldn't do that much. They finally relented after playing a pricing game on a Maxcare.
Thank you for the info. The truck is a tradesman with only the options and color I want so it came to $60205, my price is $56120 with the "family friends" price. They said cash back offers could apply, but depends on what is offered at pickup.
I was nervous about leaving that money, but I still look and have a hard time locating a SRW HO 3500 in Olive Green that isn't 70k+. So ill just wait...hopefully I'll get some kind of news in November.

imokru22

Reaction score
I was able to print out my Window Sticker today for my order: 3500 HD Longhorn longbed 4x4 Cummins HO. It looks like it will be at least 12-13 weeks from order to delivery.

Order date: 8/12/2020
Build date: 10/20/2020
Invoice date: 11/01/2020

I ordered a spray-in bed liner and deployable rear step, so it took ten days from build to ready to ship.

Update: 11/2/2020 - Delivery window to dealer in Phoenix is 11/9-11/23/20.

Update 11/03/2020 - Chrysler extended 0% financing for 36 months to 11/30/2020 on the 3500 Longhorn! That will save me about $5K on financing costs. Lucky!

Good luck to the rest of you. Chuck

Last edited:

Sleepyweasel

Reaction score
Anyone else get their 2020 Ram HD in the last week?
Nope. Dealer says it's on the train with an estimate arrival date in Baltimore on 11/19. Then it has to be trucked here, dealer-prepped, state inspection. I'm guessing by the end of the month.

imokru22

Reaction score
Nope. Dealer says it's on the train with an estimate arrival date in Baltimore on 11/19. Then it has to be trucked here, dealer-prepped, state inspection. I'm guessing by the end of the month.
Dang. But, progress is good.

imokru22

Reaction score
My salesman informed me of a November 20th delivery at the dealer's door. So, worst case, maybe a Black Friday Deal!

Users who are viewing this thread