Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

Marshfly

Reaction score
Ordered 8/30
D1 9/4
Estimated Ship Date 9/8
JB 9/7

Still in JB today 9/30. 8 days from order to JB... 23 days in JB.

mtoma

Reaction score
Please don't flame me but I just ordered a 19 3500 SRW 4x4 Limited on 9-26 and I'm wondering how a guy tracks this.
Are you guys getting your VIN from the dealer and then getting updates from the factory?
Thanks in advance for your help.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Please don't flame me but I just ordered a 19 3500 SRW 4x4 Limited on 9-26 and I'm wondering how a guy tracks this.
Are you guys getting your VIN from the dealer and then getting updates from the factory?
Thanks in advance for your help.
I'm trying to figure this out too. I spent a half hour trying to get an associate from ram on their chat thing... don't feel like bugging my salesman. I just want an estimation so I can prepare. I got a truck to sell before hand.

Marshfly

Reaction score
A few days after you place your order call your salesman and get a copy of the Priced Order Confirmation. That will have your VON, VIN and current build status. From there you can use Ram Chat to get the status until it goes KZ and is ready to ship. After that your dealer will have to track it on the train.

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
Order of usage.
Order your Ram Truck from a dealer.
Get a VON = vehicle order number
shortly after that, you will get a VIN from your dealer = vehicle identification number
You go to the Ram Trucks page and drill down to the contact us. or click Quick Link to RAM CHAT
Select Chat
Have your VON handy, have your VIN handy, give them your name, address, phone number,, and politely ask for the current status of your new truck order.
They will respond with a current status. You might have to ask for the status code.
Ram Trucks order status code = a code which let's you know where along the line in the build process.

After it reaches KZ status = built and awaiting a rail car ride, RAM CHAT doesn't know any more. This is where you make contact with your salesperson to find out more. Your salesperson has access to the Rubicon Software which they can see when it gets on a train, and what town it passes through to the final rail stop. Then, it is transported to your dealership via 18 wheeler hauler.
Go to your dealer and pick up your new Ram Truck. :)

Read the forums. This has been asked numerous times.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Chat finally worked. I'm still in order phase d order status. Est. 8 to 12 weeks. Gives me time to sell my 2016 2500. Ordered it 25 sept . I'm kinda expecting December timeframe now

mtoma

Reaction score
Chat finally worked. I'm still in order phase d order status. Est. 8 to 12 weeks. Gives me time to sell my 2016 2500. Ordered it 25 sept . I'm kinda expecting December timeframe now

December delivery is what I was thinking also as I ordered September 26th.
Hoping there will be some good end of the year dealer incentives to tack onto the sales price.

tpk0999

Reaction score
December delivery is what I was thinking also as I ordered September 26th.
Hoping there will be some good end of the year dealer incentives to tack onto the sales price.
The good thing is.. your dealer can backtrack incentives. So if incentives are greater this month...they can use this months lmfao. Also my dealer told me 6 weeks tops. I was kinda inna rush to get my vehicle at the very least listed.

mtoma

Reaction score
The good thing is.. your dealer can backtrack incentives. So if incentives are greater this month...they can use this months lmfao. Also my dealer told me 6 weeks tops. I was kinda inna rush to get my vehicle at the very least listed.

Ya I was told 8-10 weeks so we'll see.
I to have to get rid of my 2013 Ram 2500 but I don't think it'll be hard to sell.
Good luck with yours and this will be the longest 8 weeks of my life, lol.

TXGeorge

Reaction score
Ordered 9-23, As of this morning its at KZ. That was quick!! 2019 3500 limited mega cab

When delivered, can I take some picture below the tail gate?

I have 2 un-used harness there, want to know what it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalepres

Reaction score
Too bad I couldn't pick mine up from the factory. Sounds like some people are waiting another 10 to 20 days after shipping before it actually shows up at the dealer. The dealer told me when I ordered it that it would be 6 to 8 weeks and It's just coming up on 5 weeks since I placed my order so it's probably on schedule.

Ogamiitto

Reaction score
when i found out last week, i explicitly stated that i wanted them to escalate the build and they agreed that they would do that. a week later RAM chat let me know that ...as far as that system knew....it was still at D.

my dealer is Dennis Dillon. i believe they are one of those larger dealers out there. so , maybe they are using their pull to make this right. who knows at this point.

my dealer's excuse at to why there is a delay at all is that i ordered a Hemi. i don't know how true that is, frankly.

hey, folks- here's an update as to where my truck's at. as of yesterday, i'm at 12 weeks. and things have started moving. last week i was at D1.....today i'm at "I"...for inspection, i guess.

my dealer has been reassuring me that it should be on the lot by the 2nd to last week of October. i just don't see that happening. hell, i don't see it happening at the end of October.hearing some of you talk about your own experiences, it seems like it could be weeks after my truck is shipped from the factory. so, even if they shipped it out tomorrow, i find it unlikely to get to my dealer's lot 3 weeks from now.

so , if i may put the question to all of you out there....if my truck's at "I" today....how long do you think it'll take to get to the lot?

even in the best case scenario is that the dealer had the ram reps escalate this issue ?

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Too bad I couldn't pick mine up from the factory. Sounds like some people are waiting another 10 to 20 days after shipping before it actually shows up at the dealer. The dealer told me when I ordered it that it would be 6 to 8 weeks and It's just coming up on 5 weeks since I placed my order so it's probably on schedule.
I’m literally about 8 hours from factory and mine has been in KZ STATUS since 9/10. Was told it was shipped and sitting 90 miles away in Trucking yard to be delivered to dealer. Waiting VERY patiently with short fuse. Shipping company probably pissed because they got busted for wrecking last truck while backing off hauler causing about $8,000 damage and I refused that one and ordered another.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Oh and since then that truck was repaired and looked ok, I knew and could tell, but they traded it to another dealer up in Dallas area as a sold unit up there.

Marshfly

Reaction score
I've been in JB since September 7. Just got Ram Chat to escalate the case this morning. I'm getting with my dealer later today to see what they can do.

So it could be a month...it could be 3 months. Who the hell knows?

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I guess that’s why they tell everyone 8-12 weeks for the what if’s happen. There was one guy it took 18 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread