Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

Zrojas

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm in the same boat as you...

I've called and talked to Uconnect, my dealer, and Sirius XM Guardian and had no luck. Everyone seems to tell me that what I'm asking is either impossible or can't be done unless I'm inside the vehicle! So I have a couple of questions.

For those of you who have had luck tracking your vehicles with Uconnect...
Do you know if your vehicle has to have the NAV system in order to be tracked?
What did you have to setup before having access, and whom did you talk to to get this done, dealer, Uconnect, someone else? I've downloaded the app and added my vehicle VIN but it says I don't have any active subscriptions.

I can track my truck with no issues, my truck has navigation, I do not know if that's required. The truck has a GPS antenna whether navigation is activated or not so I wouldn't think it would matter.

When I picked my truck up at the dealer, we went through screens on a computer(I think there is a tablet they can use too) before I left, one of the things on the computer was Sirius XM Guardian activation. I then received an email from owner@ram.mopar.com. That email had a "complete account" link to finish setting up my accounts so I could use all of my services. It specifically says "Once you’ve completed your account, you will be able to command your vehicle from the Uconnect mobile app or the Owner Site".

I attached a screen shot of my email. Before I did that step, some of the features kind of worked. I found that email after my 4 hour drive home from the dealer. I have had no issues sense.

Screenshot_20190817-080756_Gmail.jpg

TrminalV

Reaction score
UPDATE...
3500 Big Horn CC 6'4" 4x4 Patriot Blue Pearl Coat
6.7 w/ 68RFE
Level 2 Equipment Group
Towing Technology Group
Bed Utility Group
5th Wheel Prep Group
Cold Weather Group
220 Amp Alternator
Chrome Wheel-to-wheel Side Steps
Front Bench Seat

7/19 - Ordered
7/21 - VIN
7/25 - D1
8/5 to 8/9 - JB
08/11 - Still JB at the body vendor
08/17 - KZ, no window sticker available online yet though

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm in the same boat as you...

I've called and talked to Uconnect, my dealer, and Sirius XM Guardian and had no luck. Everyone seems to tell me that what I'm asking is either impossible or can't be done unless I'm inside the vehicle! So I have a couple of questions.

For those of you who have had luck tracking your vehicles with Uconnect...
Do you know if your vehicle has to have the NAV system in order to be tracked?
What did you have to setup before having access, and whom did you talk to to get this done, dealer, Uconnect, someone else? I've downloaded the app and added my vehicle VIN but it says I don't have any active subscriptions.
The dealership has to activate the service as a SOLD vehicle for you to start using it. 1036

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Not going to believe this, but just got the call my truck is unloading from Hauler as I’m typing this!!
Order 7/18
D1 7/26
E,F, Status 8/5-8/7
G Status 8/7
I Status 8/8
J Status 8/9
JB Status for Bedliner and Step 8/10
KZ 8/13
At dealership!! 8/19

TrminalV

Reaction score
Not going to believe this, but just got the call my truck is unloading from Hauler as I’m typing this!!
Order 7/18
D1 7/26
E,F, Status 8/5-8/7
G Status 8/7
I Status 8/8
J Status 8/9
KZ 8/13
At dealership!! 8/19

That's awesome for you!

I on the other hand found out that my truck went from KZ status, back to JB status over the weekend! I called again this morning and was told it's back to KZ status but now I'm not sure what to believe.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I can track my truck with no issues, my truck has navigation, I do not know if that's required. The truck has a GPS antenna whether navigation is activated or not so I wouldn't think it would matter.

When I picked my truck up at the dealer, we went through screens on a computer(I think there is a tablet they can use too) before I left, one of the things on the computer was Sirius XM Guardian activation. I then received an email from owner@ram.mopar.com. That email had a "complete account" link to finish setting up my accounts so I could use all of my services. It specifically says "Once you’ve completed your account, you will be able to command your vehicle from the Uconnect mobile app or the Owner Site".

I attached a screen shot of my email. Before I did that step, some of the features kind of worked. I found that email after my 4 hour drive home from the dealer. I have had no issues sense.

View attachment 1034
Login and click on Complete account setup.

Ogamiitto

Reaction score
Order 7/18
D1 7/26
E,F, Status 8/5-8/7
G Status 8/7
I Status 8/8
J Status 8/9
KZ 8/13
At dealership!! 8/19

one month??!!?? WTF??!!??

seriously...i'm happy for you, but i hate you ,too. :D

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
one month??!!?? WTF??!!??

seriously...i'm happy for you, but i hate you ,too. :D
Found out my dealer has a new Ram Rep and called him and said of my next trucks going out, swap one of them with this one because he wants to get me out of the 2500 I’ve had since July to keep miles down.1046

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Hi. Looking for a bit of help.

Ordered a truck on 5/31. Everything was tracking fine until it arrived at the last rail stop. It's been sitting at the yard about 50 miles away for almost 4 weeks on QC hold. The dealer is not able/willing to find out WHY it's been on QC hold for so long, they just talk about pushing FCA to release it from hold. Pushing for release may or may not be a good strategy. Pushing to fix the truck properly and communicate the failure(s) would be a better strategy.

At this point the truck is not really my problem. Worst case, I'll walk away from my deposit as it was not that much. I'm getting more concerned that the problem(s) are significant enough to cause long term issues. But before I walk away, I would like to know not speculate.

Anyone have any experience figuring out the source of a QC hold?

Thanks
I asked and my dealer said it meant Quality Check to the best of his knowledge.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Found out my dealer has a new Ram Rep and called him and said of my next trucks going out, swap one of them with this one because he wants to get me out of the 2500 I’ve had since July to keep miles down.View attachment 1046
Selling my 2019 2500 $10k off MSRP if anyone interested. Let me know.

Zrojas

Reaction score
Login and click on Complete account setup.
I did. I was telling the previous poster what they should be looking for I did. Everything works on my truck. Thanks for the reply though!
I think the main issue is some dealerships not taking the step of starting activation.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Howdy,
It looks like things are going faster now.
ON ORDER: 2019 RAM 2500 Big Horn | Billet Silver | 4x4 | 6.7L | 68RFE | CCSB | Level 2 Package | Tow Technology Group | Safety Group | Snow Plow Prep | Bed Utility Group | 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep

7/29/2019 Ordered in the morning
Did not bother RAMCHAT until today
8/8/2019 JB status, Built and over for spray in bed liner

I'm at day 10 for this truck, it's really moving along.
My 3500 took exactly 30 days!! Record I think.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Well just got a call that during PDI for today’s delivery they noticed a crack in back window from transport company and they called RAM and that back glass is on back order. So now they are supposedly taking a back glass out of another 3500 on the lot to replace mine and park their other 3500 until it can be replaced. Scary as heck now. Don’t want water leaks, air leaks or any troubles with this. Delayed delivery now until tomorrow.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
nearly 6 weeks from ordering and still in D status.

sigh...... :rolleyes:
That’s crazy. Should be built by now. Did you get a confirmation letter from dealer and does it show as sold unit, priority 01 on it??

Ogamiitto

Reaction score
That’s crazy. Should be built by now. Did you get a confirmation letter from dealer and does it show as sold unit, priority 01 on it??

on the build sheet the dealer sent to me, after i okayed the build and gave my deposit, it says scheduling priority : 1- sold order and build priority: 01

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
on the build sheet the dealer sent to me, after i okayed the build and gave my deposit, it says scheduling priority : 1- sold order and build priority: 01
Did you choose some really off wall configuration? Should be built by now, or they just haven’t updated. Call FCA instead of chat to ask.

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
It looks like things are going faster now.
ON ORDER: 2019 RAM 2500 Big Horn | Billet Silver | 4x4 | 6.7L | 68RFE | CCSB | Level 2 Package | Tow Technology Group | Safety Group | Snow Plow Prep | Bed Utility Group | 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep

7/29/2019 Ordered in the morning
Did not bother RAMCHAT until today 8/8
8/8/2019 JB status, Built and over for spray in bed liner
8/19/2019 KZ status! Yippee

Hopefully catching a rail ride soon. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread