Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete discussions

relbus

Reaction score
I have always wondered, how would the emissions systems function after being disabled and not in use for so long, once you did go back to stock? For example EGR...would valves etc be sticking?
Also had same concern with DEF. If not properly drained, cleaned, etc.

Going back to stock always seemed like a giant PITA!

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
getting the egr widgets back on would be a half a pain no doubt. exhaust and sensors are no biggie. I would recommend draining the def tank and taking care of the def injector.

relbus

Reaction score
Yes it would be. I more meant if you left them on and just disabled via tuning, would they operate properly? Results prob would vary.

Every time I’ve yanked the EGR hard parts off, that was the point of no return for me, as more than once grid heater got deleted at same time.

MtnRider

Reaction score
I have always wondered, how would the emissions systems function after being disabled and not in use for so long, once you did go back to stock? For example EGR...would valves etc be sticking?
Also had same concern with DEF. If not properly drained, cleaned, etc.

Going back to stock always seemed like a giant PITA!

My only concern would be the EGR valve sticking, but that can be cleaned. I flushed my DEF with distilled water before shutting it all down. The rest is pretty straight forward. The thought of rolling back is the reason I left my EGR on, that would be a pain to put back on.

flan

Reaction score
You can put a thin blockoff plate between the egr cooler and manifold, no?

relbus

Reaction score
You can put a thin blockoff plate between the egr cooler and manifold, no?

If my memory serves me correctly, back in the infancy of the delete days 07/08, I recall guys doing this and I believe condensation formed and created some concerns.
I never did that, unplugged and then eventually removed so no first hand experience.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I think you'd have overall fitment issues with any geometry change. it's a pretty lean design.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Looks like gas people may be looking at the same weight reduction discussions in the future

For those who can’t watch the video it’s a ford tech I assume learning about new vehicle service and the new Lincoln nautilus has a gasoline particulate filter and the regen process

jsalbre

Reaction score
Looks like gas people may be looking at the same weight reduction discussions in the future

For those who can’t watch the video it’s a ford tech I assume learning about new vehicle service and the new Lincoln nautilus has a gasoline particulate filter and the regen process
Many gas vehicles in Europe and Australia have particulate filters. Europe since 2017 and Australia since at least 2018. The systems are apparently far less finicky than diesel systems as the particulate level is much lower, and gasoline engines have no trouble making absurd amounts of heat.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Many gas vehicles in Europe and Australia have particulate filters. Europe since 2017 and Australia since at least 2018. The systems are apparently far less finicky than diesel systems as the particulate level is much lower, and gasoline engines have no trouble making absurd amounts of heat.
Didn’t know that. Hopefully they aren’t finicky

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I saw the same and had similar thoughts. didn't know it was already in the field.
I really don’t have an issue with any emissions equipment as long as it works properly. I think a takeaway is that gasoline vehicle will be around a long time and manufacturers and governments know that so they’re continuing to improve. Not trying to derail the thread. Apologies. Carry on.

tchur1

Reaction score
I wouldn’t even be considering a weight loss program if the system was bulletproof. I don’t need the extra power, the truck in stock form pulls better than I can imagine. Just hate have this cloud hanging over my head on long trips that I’m going to hear that ding in the middle of nowhere.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I wouldn’t even be considering a weight loss program if the system was bulletproof. I don’t need the extra power, the truck in stock form pulls better than I can imagine. Just hate have this cloud hanging over my head on long trips that I’m going to hear that ding in the middle of nowhere.
That was my issue with DEF in the winter in the remote areas i go plus the cost for the dealer to clear the message

tchur1

Reaction score
I was having both def and dpf issues outta the box.

the truck stays on the stock tune. I wasn't looking for any more power either.
what size exhaust are you running? If you prefer to discuss via PM im happy to take the convo there

Users who are viewing this thread