Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete discussions

jetrinka

Reaction score
Just curious but I thought this forum put the instant ban-hammer on delete discussions? If not I like it.

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
Just curious but I thought this forum put the instant ban-hammer on delete discussions? If not I like it.
I do not understand why anyone would be banned or any discussion hidden when people do so at their own risk and it is not like this forum is only available in the USA.. Just because the EPA sniffs their nose around places and Karen's will be Karen's.. does not mean I will let it dictate the way I communicate and discuss my experiences in life. Honestly lets squash this here and not go further down this very blue leaning rabbit hole but just know that an online forum for heavy duty trucks should not have an admin resembling anything near an Twitter site admin.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I do not understand why anyone would be banned or any discussion hidden when people do so at their own risk and it is not like this forum is only available in the USA.. Just because the EPA sniffs their nose around places and Karen's will be Karen's.. does not mean I will let it dictate the way I communicate and discuss my experiences in life. Honestly lets squash this here and not go further down this very blue leaning rabbit hole but just know that an online forum for heavy duty trucks should not have an admin resembling anything near an Twitter site admin.
Woah there cowboy, relax. Just asking a question - didn't mean to ruffle any underpants...

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
Woah there cowboy, relax. Just asking a question - didn't mean to ruffle any underpants...
My underpants stay ruffled. No hard feelings here. Let me know when you want to go for a beer ;)

60089682db847c001918be93

Xflight29

Reaction score
The issue here is by all of you deleting, now the states are starting to enforce the emissions platform that these trucks have to meet. When all that happens, you'll either have to put the stuff back on to pass or face the issues. We're already starting to see them look at trucks and do more than just a snap test for smoke. It's going to be state by state issue and I'm certain that federal road share dollars will come into the picture and playout as well.

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
The issue here is by all of you deleting, now the states are starting to enforce the emissions platform that these trucks have to meet. When all that happens, you'll either have to put the stuff back on to pass or face the issues. We're already starting to see them look at trucks and do more than just a snap test for smoke. It's going to be state by state issue and I'm certain that federal road share dollars will come into the picture and playout as well.
You may be correct, however in many places other than the USA and even parts of it are and will be slow to catchup. All this emissions systems will continue to improve and I believe that soon they will make it like the AISIN and be nearly impossible to tune. I think this will be one of, if not the last generation of truck we can do this with. Call me old school or call me hard headed.. but I will continue to enjoy my truck and share information until there is something better out there that is more enjoyable instead of laying down right now and stopping what I want to do because of fear of future advancement & policies. Everyone is free to make their own decisions and accept the consequences that come from it.. good or bad. Thanks for the other side of this discussion though.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

There's been no such ban on discussion here. Do so at your own peril.

Cumminsforum felt compelled to ban discussions as they were specifically used as a pawn by the EPA and the powers that be over there apparently decided no more.

To that end, the posts in @Patriot Motor Sports USA tuning thread have been moved here.

As to my posts, I'm also a member and tend to call a spade a spade. I'll bow out on this topic and leave you all to speculate on my motives. If you wish to address mod actions, please feel free to PM me any time, or report the post if you think it's against site rules.

GPurcell01

Reaction score

I don't think it's necessarily "all of you deleting"... I think it's more so just the rate of progress. Follow the money and right now it's going electric. The problem is the coal rollers with tiny pecker syndrome became the perfect cry for harder laws on emissions removal. I.E. Diesel Brothers and "SEMA built :eek:" trucks

Just a side note - it's not only the diesel world they are cracking down on. Gasoline vehicles are seeing it too. There's a reason the RPM Act is now a thing.

Last edited:

Grayson

Reaction score
While I would like to hear cool turbo noises, swooshes and have a jet engine type idle. It's become increasingly difficult to obtain parts in the US, in fact it's easier to purchase drugs in certain states. The start of the initial phase of the crackdown was started by reality TV show "Diesel Brothers" in reality the amount of diesel vehicles registered is very small compared to gas vehicles so if the government was concerned with emissions they would have started there instead of worrying with Otis and his coal roller.

I don't like rolling coal, it's bad tuning and obnoxious.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
The trucks make 1000 tq with emissions intact what more do you need?

I’m pretty hard leaning right but I also don’t see the need to delete a truck that runs that dang strong from the showroom floor.

I guess it’s “cool” to delete your truck but in reality you look like a tool when you pass everyone and blow black smoke or have a loud ass stinky diesel. It’s just not cool anymore.

What is really cool is having a quiet non-stinky truck that makes 1000tq and doesn’t smell or sound like ass.

jetrinka

Reaction score

I’m pretty hard leaning right but I also don’t see the need to delete a truck that runs that dang strong from the showroom floor.

I guess it’s “cool” to delete your truck but in reality you look like a tool when you pass everyone and blow black smoke or have a loud ass stinky diesel. It’s just not cool anymore.

What is really cool is having a quiet non-stinky truck that makes 1000tq and doesn’t smell or sound like ass.

Totally agree. Makes insane power and does it quietly. My Hemi tows better than my 2nd gen Cummins. I can only imagine what the current Cummins feels like. And it does it without boxing your eardrums!

GPurcell01

Reaction score

You're correct. However, my hemi was louder than this thing and it's all about clean tuning. Sounds really good without a big trash can tip too. If it's smoking like a train that's just bad tuning and really is not cool.

I personally like the smell, but I also used to work around jets and turbo props as a lineman.

What's really cool is having a stuck EGR valve with only 3000 miles. Once they really iron out the emissions, I'll play ball with it. But having a truck with no limp modes, no de-rates, no shutdowns, and a motor that's not getting basically dusted 24/7 by the EGR makes me happy.

Reaction score
It’s called Pay to play.
Stated by someone with a Gasser.

Try earning your living with your truck and being sidelined for two days when three different Dealers cannot fix an issue related to simply getting badly contaminated fuel, yet the ECU codes run the Dealer's Diesel Techs down the wrong rabbit hole. When you are losing $1000-1500 per day, you will see why "Pay To Play" is really "invested to earn."

I am all for having a clean truck with zero smoke. I have mine tuned for the power and reliability with zero visible smoke... yet so far have had no more issues in 10,000 miles. I also added a high volume muffler, staying with the 4" piping to keep my interior sound level as close to stock as possible. Only when I roll down the windows can I hear any difference in sound.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

This is not really true just because its deleted dies not mean it has to be loud or blow black smoke i will be deleting mine but keeping a stock HP tune and running a muffler… i just prefer not having dirty EGR gasses causing buildup in my engine and i also prefer not having DEF issues in the cold if i can find a tuner who can delete the EGR and DEF but keep the DPF i would totally do it atleast until i start having DPF issues then delete that too as i have no interest in paying 4k for a stock DPF system

Users who are viewing this thread