Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash camera

AntonyU21

Reaction score
Do you have the aux switches?

I'm going to wire mine into an Aux switch because I have a hardwire kit for my battery free camera that takes one ignition source and one vehicle battery source for the parking guard feature. I want to be able to disable it for long term parking and less drain on an already battery draining system.
That's how I do it.

AntonyU21

Reaction score
I used the Dongar adapter when I installed my Rove dash cam. Picked up a short right angle USB cable on Amazon to minimize the cable run and it works flawless, never worried about the constant power for the park mode as I rarely park anywhere to worry about it.
View attachment 49846
Good idea, I'll try it tomorrow.

mountainears

Reaction score
I just stuck mine towards the top off the window close to the mirror on the passenger side. Out of my field of view (which seems to be a downside of this). Would be curious as to what your camera field of view is. Can you provide a screenshot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CharlieL

Reaction score
My BlackVue dashcam is just to the left of the rear view mirror. It's view is pretty close to mine. Also put in a rear view - you just never know what some jerk behind you might be up to!

Attachments

• 230314 - Dashcam View.jpg
    230314 - Dashcam View.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 27
  • Dashcam View - Rear.jpg
    Dashcam View - Rear.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

mountainears

Reaction score
The black view from what I recall has a little wider field of view from the Viofo too.
3c2aed0851880e4d5b405104db8718a3.jpg

This is my Viofo which as mentioned is at the top, to the right of the big mirror plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread