Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash Cam power

v30

Reaction score
For those with the adaptive cruise and limited/Laramie series overhead console, I got ACC on the large yellow/pink and ground on the large black. For batt power, found the smaller 18 gauge red and black to have batt power.

pr3dict

Reaction score
For those with the adaptive cruise and limited/Laramie series overhead console, I got ACC on the large yellow/pink and ground on the large black. For batt power, found the smaller 18 gauge red and black to have batt power.
I saw a YouTube video that explained this as well. The overhead console does seem to have bat+ , acc, and ground connections in one place.

Can anyone else confirm?

raven_dt

Reaction score
Why not just just the pass thru under the driverside dash? Batt and acc with the oem provided outfitter pigtail? Very easy to wire and easy to remove of you sell your truck.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Because I don't know if I have the connectors for the aux wiring you reference but I'm sure I have an overhead console with all those options.

raven_dt

Reaction score
Because I don't know if I have the connectors for the aux wiring you reference but I'm sure I have an overhead console with all those options.
Do you have the upfitters pigtail that came with your truck? If so, it's essentially pug and play.

pr3dict

Reaction score
I don't have a pigtail... It did come with a random connector but no wires attached to it.

I thought one would have had to specifically order the outfitter module or aux switches?

Are you saying every truck comes with a pigtail to add devices?

SargeW

Reaction score
Great thread! I was just head scratching wondering how to get power to the cam. Thanks group!

raven_dt

Reaction score
I don't have a pigtail... It did come with a random connector but no wires attached to it.

I thought one would have had to specifically order the outfitter module or aux switches?

Are you saying every truck comes with a pigtail to add devices?
Not sure, I have aux switches but I'm not using them for the camera. I wonder if trucks wo aux switches still have the pass thru under the dash.

SargeW

Reaction score
Well, I got the tap from Jimmy, which works great. But then I learned that my cam is 5 volt max input. So how to step down the voltage in that little space in the mirror shroud?

Reaction score
Came here to suggest the Fitcam incase anyone needs one that looks OEM. Doesn’t have some more advanced features but plug and play. Make sure you buy the right model. I have one in my 1500 and 2500 diesel. These are a big hit on the TRX forums.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Came here to suggest the Fitcam incase anyone needs one that looks OEM. Doesn’t have some more advanced features but plug and play. Make sure you buy the right model. I have one in my 1500 and 2500 diesel. These are a big hit on the TRX forums.

Which one did you buy for your 2500 since they explicitly state it won't work for HDs?

1689250703975.png

Reaction score
Which one did you buy for your 2500 since they explicitly state it won't work for HDs?

View attachment 59584
@vandermi

View attachment 59584
Thats really interesting. Maybe they are out, mine works fine, not sure why they would have changed it, see my order photo below from may. If you’re interested contact them, they answer quickly. Though there is no difference between the two as far as I know (1500 and 2500). They did have a 1500 and a 2500 model when I purchased, so I would double check with them.

I have model B for my TRX and I bought model A for my 2500 as it doesn’t have the adaptive cruise. Once you order they make you send a photo so they get you the right one. Good service. You’ll want a 128gb microsd.

Attachments

• IMG_1342.png
    IMG_1342.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
Well, I ordered the A and it shipped. I will update if the install goes well and works properly in my 2022, Laramie 2500.
yep, that’s what I put in my 23 Laramie. Get yourself a Samsung 128gb microsd and format it exfat, or the device will do it for you. That’s about it the rest is plug and play. CarPlay gets in the way of Wi-Fi sometimes but you really don’t need to set anything up after initial install. Really happy with it. Got one for my
wife’s rav 4 after

vandermi

Reaction score
yep, that’s what I put in my 23 Laramie. Get yourself a Samsung 128gb microsd and format it exfat, or the device will do it for you. That’s about it the rest is plug and play. CarPlay gets in the way of Wi-Fi sometimes but you really don’t need to set anything up after initial install. Really happy with it. Got one for my
wife’s rav 4 after
Already ordered the MAX Endurance Samsung 128gb MicroSD card. Looking forward to a clean looking dash cam.

Users who are viewing this thread