Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dash Cam power

Razzman

Reaction score
Nope the plug is completely different. I'm waiting for it as well

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
How exactly did you wire it? Do you have photos of kit and connections?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump on YT and search RAM 3500 dash cam install....I think the guys name is Beast or something like that....it's an easy install...get one of these adapters and run the hardwire kit along the roof to the passenger a pillar...down to back behind the glove box and then over to this harness....hook up the power and ground and put it all back together....I didnt wire up parking mode on mine so it just comes on when I start it and off when it's shutdown....if you want parking mode you'll have to source the 3rd wire and hook it up....

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Jimmy07 has already posted here or in another thread, there is 12V power in the A-pillars. I think battery is on the left (connected to gate release if equipped), ignition on the right (connected to powered mirrors if equipped).

rauan

Reaction score
This is what I have on my truck. Now I need to find which connector and wire in a connector have battery power.

c5ea1f92129ef136e57eb8b9516baccf.jpg

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
This is what I have on my truck. Now I need to find which connector and wire in a connector have battery power.

c5ea1f92129ef136e57eb8b9516baccf.jpg
Red wire in this connector:
C960B050-CDD4-4C34-AD84-078E258E7970.jpeg

rauan

Reaction score
I found this connector and it was not connected to anything. I think red wire from this one is on when truck is on.
eb944a4a7974066b0553f3c141acf750.jpg

Last edited:

Thedaran

Reaction score
i used a Donger Technology adapter to add igition powered USB port to power the dash cam
Which Dongar adapter did you use? I bought the "10-pin D for select Dodge/Ram vehicles" adapter to tap into the rear view mirror connectors. The connectors are too large to fit into connections at the rear view mirror.

JP426

Reaction score
Which Dongar adapter did you use? I bought the "10-pin D for select Dodge/Ram vehicles" adapter to tap into the rear view mirror connectors. The connectors are too large to fit into connections at the rear view mirror.
Same thing I just discovered. I wonder if they changed the connectors on the 22 models.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Mine showed up today at my office.

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2021 RAM 3500 Blackout Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
2020 Jayco NorthPoint 382FL
2021 Luxe Elite 42FL
2022 Grand Design Solitude 380FL-R
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L-Summit

2500ltd

Reaction score
Hey folks. Is there an easiy way to get ACC power in the cabin. I want to power a dash cam battery that will be under my seat or in the storage in between the seats. Anything under the steering column that can be easily tapped into? Thanks.

Scvette

Reaction score
Is there a fuse panel inside the cab anywhere? Or is the only one in the engine bay?

rauan

Reaction score
I have a question. I have three wires coming out of dashcam harness: ACC, Battery and ground cable. Do I still have to connect my ACC even if battery and ground wires is already connected?

Scvette

Reaction score
No you don’t.
I have a question. I have three wires coming out of dashcam harness: ACC, Battery and ground cable. Do I still have to connect my ACC even if battery and ground wires is already connected?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey folks. Is there an easiy way to get ACC power in the cabin. I want to power a dash cam battery that will be under my seat or in the storage in between the seats. Anything under the steering column that can be easily tapped into? Thanks.

It's been covered in a few posts. #7, #27/28.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

ACC and BATT should both be connected. That's how the dashcam knows to run or go into park mode.

The cam or wired power kit should show different connections depending on what you're trying to do, but generally ACC is to an ignition source and BAT to constant 12V.

Users who are viewing this thread