Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crusty's 75th Annv PW #1590 build/mods adventure

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice!

You didn't take that C-pillar screw all the way out and loose the clip like most of us that installed the TTPMS module did? LOL

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Took the screw all the way out but didnt loose the clip. I did drop the screw when putting it back in. Lucky it only fell a little and landed on a ledge on the inside near the top.

jetrinka

Reaction score
I really like the detail you added about the clamp that adds rigidity to things. I didn't see any details about it in their description but was thinking that if it was all truly held on by two screws and speedi nuts it would be subjected to a lot of leverage from that antenna at speed. Happy to see they thought of a good solution.

Fishnerd

Reaction score
I like it, super clean and looks well made! I wonder if they make a dual antenna mount for the ram like the do for fords? Did you put a different 3rd light (looks different from mine)?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I like it, super clean and looks well made! I wonder if they make a dual antenna mount for the ram like the do for fords? Did you put a different 3rd light (looks different from mine)?
Nope. That's the factory led light that comes on the 75th AE PW.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Looks great. how well does the radio transmit and receive? Goes that clamp also help tie in the ground plane?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Looks great. how well does the radio transmit and receive? Goes that clamp also help tie in the ground plane?
Not sure on the clamp ground as the body is painted where it clamps.
I had no issues receiving the NOAA reports. I'll need to find someone that we both have the same freq programmed to check xmit.
Or get my Comms guy at work to check the VSWR.

jadmt

Reaction score
Does the diameter decrease or does it just flatten out/deform? I feel like the diameter doesn’t change. Im no engineer unless you consider a pool dude to be a recreational aquatics engineer.

Ok ok it changes with pressure which also increases as the tire gets warm. But, at a given psi and temp.. I don’t think the diameter decreases. The height decreases because the footprint grows as the tire squishes down. But you’re just changing the shape by elongating “one side” not the diameter. You’re making the circle into somewhat of an oval, but material isn’t added or subtracted.
Sorry i know this is old but was just reading through for the first time. The guy who invented the procal (brother of the owner of aev) told me to measure from ground to center of hub when parked on flat cement floor and take that number times 2 and use that number. My speedo and tripometer are spot on to a gnats ass At any speed.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So I loaded up my truck with 110 Gal of race fuel in a transfer tank in the bed along with some coolers and our blender. Hooked up my buddies M101A trailer that he converted to be our pit trailer and then headed south to Baja for the Baja 1000. Luck was o. Our side as we won the Trophy Truck class, First overall, and the SCORE season Championship. So it was a good trip.20211117_072723.jpg20211117_154546.jpg20211117_154603.jpg20211117_154623.jpgFB_IMG_1637424998402.jpg

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
OK, wife thinks the 35s are still a bit small.
Looking for anyone who is running 37s on the factory bead lock rims on stock suspension with no lift.
Any issues with it?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So apparently, while I was traveling down to San Diego to make preps to pack up my truck and head south of the border, I drove by some road construction on the 101 freeway around Burbank. When I got to San Diego, I see that there is some sort of construction adhesive all down the drivers side of the truck and inside both wheelwells.
Tried to see if I could wipe it off the taillight but no joy.
When I got back from my trip, got the truck detailed but the guy did not know what to use to get the adhesive off.
I tried some auto goofoff and was able to get some of it off but it was a pain.
So on monday I contacted a detail expert.
He said he can get it off, then wants to color sand with 3000 grit and buff and polish. Said he can get it off the plastic, but it will be scared.
He wants $450. I also went and got prices to replace all the plastic. Another $450.
So now I'm waiting for the insurance adjuster to come over next week and look at it.
Thinking of replacing the fender flares, remove the adhesive from the body myself, then get it buffed and waxed without sanding.
He tried some bug and tear remover but it didnt work as good as the goofoff and I think it will dull the clear coat. The goofoff didnt but is time consuming.
We will see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread