Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 Changes - to large dimple symmetrical cam version

• Thread starter Deleted member 80
  • Start date

mostcorey95

Reaction score
If they just started as of 9/1/20 with the updated 1 dimple pump..wonder how that pump got installed on 7/22/20 build date? Hmmmm lol

They were available before 9/1/2020. Some may have them before that date but as of that date is when all old ones were no longer being installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olive pearl 3500

Reaction score
I have heard that this new pump runs quieter and smoother.

One more thing my bought new 2018 ram 2500 engine was alot louder than my new one is, i could hear it rumbling when i started from inside house.... this new truck..i need to listen to see if its running. Thanks i appreciate your reply.

mostcorey95

Reaction score
One more thing my bought new 2018 ram 2500 engine was alot louder than my new one is, i could hear it rumbling when i started from inside house.... this new truck..i need to listen to see if its running. Thanks i appreciate your reply.

Yes they new design allows it to be quieter with pilot injections and post injections. Also the reduced compression in the engine.

D

Deleted member 80

And the scissor gear to take gear rattle away.

The pilot injection and multi-event injection have been around for a while, and post injection is employed to light off the cat. My '05 had three(?) events, and now they are up to eight(?).

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes they new design allows it to be quieter with pilot injections and post injections. Also the reduced compression in the engine.

?

The SO went up in compression to 19:1, the HO is down to 16.9:1

Older 6.7L were 17.3:1.

Hydraulic lash adjusters (lifters), scissor gear drive, CGI and new damper design contribute to reduced NVH.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
?

The SO went up in compression to 19:1, the HO is down to 16.9:1

Older 6.7L were 17.3:1.

Hydraulic lash adjusters (lifters), scissor gear drive, CGI and new damper design contribute to reduced NVH.

Which is sad for many. We like to hear it crunch rocks. I can hear my what-ever-the-hell-it-is gear whine noise from the engine more than the damn diesel popping off most of the time.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Which is sad for many. We like to hear it crunch rocks. I can hear my what-ever-the-hell-it-is gear whine noise from the engine more than the damn diesel popping off most of the time.

I felt the same, honestly almost bought an 18 just because it was louder. Lots of little niceties in these 5th gens though.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

I felt the same, honestly almost bought an 18 just because it was louder. Lots of little niceties in these 5th gens though.

There's also ANC which can be defeated by unplugging the mic cables at the module for a permanent fix, or cracking open a window.

On a long haul, I'd rather have the quiet, much less fatiguing. However, I do find myself turning the radio down or off from time to time around town, just to hear the 6.7L of badness.

UglyViking

Reaction score
There's also ANC which can be defeated by unplugging the mic cables at the module for a permanent fix, or cracking open a window.

On a long haul, I'd rather have the quiet, much less fatiguing. However, I do find myself turning the radio down or off from time to time around town, just to hear the 6.7L of badness.

That is the reason I've not yet done anything. I will miss the summertime with the windows down listening to the engine. It took a bit to get used to the change coming from a 5.3 with exhaust and intake which was very mean sounding, but I quite like the sound of the 6.7, and the turbo whine is something cool. It's nice to keep the windows rolled on the highway and listen to podcasts though.

heyguy

Reaction score
My build date was Aug 04, 2020 and thankfully I have the new style single dimple pump.

Users who are viewing this thread