Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Console mount phone holder.

Godzilla

Reaction score
All y'all mounting your phones where you can see them - is it that you don't care for CarPlay/AndroidAuto and need to have your phone mounted so that you can see the screen or do you use other apps/programs that won't run on the Uconnect/Carplay/AA system?

drodegeb

Reaction score
All y'all mounting your phones where you can see them - is it that you don't care for CarPlay/AndroidAuto and need to have your phone mounted so that you can see the screen or do you use other apps/programs that won't run on the Uconnect/Carplay/AA system?
I'm planning to keep the phone down in the wireless charging area in the console. I'm planning to use the mount (Bulletpoint or similar) for the GMRS radio, eventual trailer TPMS, etc.).

John Jensen

Reaction score
Here's my Bulletpoint setup. I also have an adapter to change the passenger phone mount to accept my Garmin 3590. On a trip I replace the passenger phone mount with the adapter, mount the Garmin and swing the Bulletpoint arm to the center to see the Garmin better. Then the passenger can use my Console phone mount
Bulletpoint-1.jpg

Console-1.jpg

GLB1950

Reaction score
When my wife got her Nissan SUV, they said the navigation would have to be updated periodically for $$$$ We thought, why update the car when the phones update automatically. Got used to using the phone for navigation and never looked back. Hence my desire to have the phone up where I can glance at it and not divert my eyes from the important things goin on in front. + I have not quite mastered "Hey RAM" and gotten to the point that she understands what I want.:mad:

whitexc

Reaction score
Seems like a great option
View attachment 32575

I have a ram mount in my Toyota but there is no windshield and it mounts directly to the roll cage. I really like the ram mount for a permanent install
I have the Weathertech in the Ram. I like it for what it is. It was a gift.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

95Ctd

Reaction score
With the bigazz screen I feel I don't need to see my phone. I just wish the plastics for the factory wireless would hold more than a phone with no case. My phone will fit and charge if I shove it in there just don't want to stretch out the plastic for any future phones.

Doombuggy

Reaction score
Carplay sucks.....especially being locked out of phone tree access when calling businesses.

Anyways- I use this: https://getoffroam.com/collections/ram-products

Doesnt move and inch.

Doombuggy

Reaction score
Do you mount on passenger side with the column shifter?

Worried about it being far away but obviously not going to have it in the way of the shifter.
Maybe that's why I was on the opposite side on the website, I have the rotary knob shifter- didn't even think of the column.

It looks to me as thou the RAM arms would fit the balls on the mount and the phone holder. * def verify thou

BigDaddyKong

Reaction score
I run the Bullet Point mounts system also. The real reason is its more convenient when going through McDonalds using their stupid app when buying coffee of the morning.

John Jensen

Reaction score
All y'all mounting your phones where you can see them - is it that you don't care for CarPlay/AndroidAuto and need to have your phone mounted so that you can see the screen or do you use other apps/programs that won't run on the Uconnect/Carplay/AA systemI
I mount mine where I can see them, use them as designed, and are easily accessible. Plus, I don't like or need to use CarPlay.

Users who are viewing this thread