Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cold air intake systems

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
That's a hot air intake. IATs are going to go up and the ECM is going to pull timing and lose power. Oh, I'm sure they got those gains on a generous Dynojet brand loose dyno with the hood up and a giant fan blowing on the truck like usual, but in a street scenario, that truck is going to lose power.

Lt. Cmd. Tuvok strongly discourages modifications that would affect the ships sen-sors.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Instead of a full CAI has anyone here found a good aftermarket air filter for the 6.7L? I have used K&N, Airaid, and Jegs house brand in the past. I had heard from some Mopar Muscle groups that Mopar actually makes some performance filters and CAI's for the 6.4L? Not sure if it fits the truck same as the Challenger/Charger.
I just bought and installed a s&b filter. I'm not sure how I feel about it though because thr factory filter is about 4" thick and this one might be 2" thick.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I just bought and installed a s&b filter. I'm not sure how I feel about it though because thr factory filter is about 4" thick and this one might be 2" thick.
How is the noise? S&b intake was the worst thing I ever did to my 2.8L duramax. It was so loud and absolutely awful sounding

loveracing1988

Reaction score
How is the noise? S&b intake was the worst thing I ever did to my 2.8L duramax. It was so loud and absolutely awful sounding
I only installed the filter not their full system and I notice no additional noise which some people claimed did go up just from the filter. I had the s&b on my 6.4 and it made it 10x louder and it sounded good. Not sure if I'd like the loud diesel noise or not.

MaHomeyRam

Reaction score
I put CAI on my 2021 2500 Hemi and saw a 2-2.5 MPG increase on the highway (when not pulling). I drove 2.5 hours of highway before and after to test this.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I put CAI on my 2021 2500 Hemi and saw a 2-2.5 MPG increase on the highway (when not pulling). I drove 2.5 hours of highway before and after to test this.
Which CAI did you go with?
How many miles and how many gallons were used in your testing?
Same stretch of highway with the exact same conditions?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Same stretch of highway with the exact same conditions?
This ^

If a CAI (hot air intake) gave 2.5 mpg wouldn’t ram install one from the factory to tout better mpg and make California happy?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

OEM is already CAI...

1618517666231.png

Firebird

Reaction score
It's probably a waste of money, but I installed the S&B yesterday. Why not, didn't cost that much, and I just wanted to do it as a test. Haven't driven much today, but will be towing Wednesday and Thursday, so looking forward to seeing how it sounds.
20210418_163624.jpg

MaHomeyRam

Reaction score
Same stretch of highway with the exact same conditions
tested with Highway conditions with cruise control traveling on the same stretch of highway in Indiana.

D&D Racing

Reaction score
It's probably a waste of money, but I installed the S&B yesterday. Why not, didn't cost that much, and I just wanted to do it as a test. Haven't driven much today, but will be towing Wednesday and Thursday, so looking forward to seeing how it sounds.
View attachment 15157
Just wondering what you thought about your cold air intake?? I have a 2021 Ram 2500 6.4L Heminand am looking for any extra power I can get my hands on when pulling my camper. A mileage increase would be nice also.

Firebird

Reaction score
Just wondering what you thought about your cold air intake?? I have a 2021 Ram 2500 6.4L Heminand am looking for any extra power I can get my hands on when pulling my camper. A mileage increase would be nice also.
So far, I really like it. Since installing it, along with a Magnaflow muffler, the truck pulls the camper easier. It is more effortless, and the truck will hold higher gears longer now. When I'm towing, I do put the side plug back in the airbox, that seems to work best.

Reaction score
Waiting for my S&B kit to arrive for my 2021 power wagon.
First project on list of aftermarket upgrades to install.

D&D Racing

Reaction score
So far, I really like it. Since installing it, along with a Magnaflow muffler, the truck pulls the camper easier. It is more effortless, and the truck will hold higher gears longer now. When I'm towing, I do put the side plug back in the airbox, that seems to work best.
Thanks, that was the first thing I did was the magnaflow muffler. I am thinking about going ahead and getting the CAI. I really want to put the Diablo pulsar tuner for the tow/haul MDS delete feature, but posts and reviews on it or overall not good as far as reliability is concerned. Thanks again.

D&D Racing

Reaction score
Thanks, that was the first thing I did was the magnaflow muffler. I am thinking about going ahead and getting the CAI. I really want to put the Diablo pulsar tuner for the tow/haul MDS delete feature, but posts and reviews on it or overall not good as far as reliability is concerned. Thanks again.
Forgot to ask you which filter you got?

Users who are viewing this thread