Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: New Sport Performance Hood On The 2023 Ram 2500 Power Wagon!

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
OK, I see what you are talking about. Maybe that houses the slide out motors as the lower section has the fold in motors.

The TRX hood has a larger/different scoop.

IF it's functional and makes more power, then yea. If not, then I'll keep my stock hood thank you.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Slightly off-topic curiosity question: Why does this site (and lots of others) slap their logo all over "spy" pics that aren't actually theirs? I've found these same photos on a number of sites and they all have their own logo on them, all in different places, so they obviously haven't stolen them from each other.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Slightly off-topic curiosity question: Why does this site (and lots of others) slap their logo all over "spy" pics that aren't actually theirs? I've found these same photos on a number of sites and they all have their own logo on them, all in different places, so they obviously haven't stolen them from each other.
I noticed the same thing

Wanderlust

Reaction score
This looks awesome! I was going to finalize my 2023 power wagon order today. As of now there is no option for the performance hood for the power wagon. Wondering if this will be stock for all 23’ power wagons or if it will be an option not available to order right now. Definitely want this. Maybe I’ll wait…

There also isn’t a level 3 equipment package for the 2023 Power Wagon right now. The level 2 seems to have all the features of the 2022 level 3. If they do come out with a level 3 in October, I wonder what more they can add.

I am also finalizing my 2023 Power Wagon today. Will be interested to see what comes out in October.

Wintrskibum

Reaction score
There also isn’t a level 3 equipment package for the 2023 Power Wagon right now. The level 2 seems to have all the features of the 2022 level 3. If they do come out with a level 3 in October, I wonder what more they can add.

I am also finalizing my 2023 Power Wagon today. Will be interested to see what comes out in October.
I noticed the same thing about the level 2. I decided to wait for my order for another month and see what if anything is added.

RAMPO

Reaction score
I know this is an old post but was board and reading.
The new sport hood does ad a cool factor. But for those of us that have trees and needles the new “hood vent/plaque” looks like a needle and dirt catch. Not to mention plastic to fade. The smooth hood makes for easy cleaning. If the vents kept the hood shudder down then it might be a plus. The front hood scoop looks mean but probably makes seeing over the hood even worse. I know some have front cameras but for those that don’t, wow bigger blind spot. As for the scoop making more power. The already ram scoop in the grill properly does more then enough for the 6.4 hemi. For those that like gills and frills it looks good but for those that just get in and use there trucks it makes it a little harder. If they had redesigned the front end where the hood was lower like the 1500. Then had a hood scoop tap into the over the radiator ram air we have. Also having had not a sport and a Jk rubicon with the hood vents they can be a pain better then some just a simple hood is much easier to use. The rubicon does look cooler though.

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
I know it will be different on body positioning but it definitely sits high. Still not a big fan of the styling... Camaro yes, HD truck not so much. This may give a small idea of what you have in front of you. Im 5'10" but I did take this photo probably 18" from my body.

IMG_0174.jpg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I know it will be different on body positioning but it definitely sits high. Still not a big fan of the styling... Camaro yes, HD truck not so much. This may give a small idea of what you have in front of you. Im 5'10" but I did take this photo probably 18" from my body.

View attachment 52245
Man that dash material and stitching is super nice, though. Does it rattle like a plastic tradesman dash yet?

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
Man that dash material and stitching is super nice, though. Does it rattle like a plastic tradesman dash yet?

haha almost 4k miles in already (drove from TN to Southern CA and then up to WA state) and so far so good. Really hoping it doesn't start to rattle too bad. After driving our Wrangler often this feels like this is a quiet chamber.

Users who are viewing this thread