Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: New Sport Performance Hood On The 2023 Ram 2500 Power Wagon!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

CAUGHT: New Sport Performance Hood On The 2023 Ram 2500 Power Wagon!​

Will Be Available On Laramie/Limited Sport/Night Edition & Power Wagon Models...​

1663769527381.png

As we are entering the 2023 model year, Ram has dropped subtle hints about its 2023 Ram 2500/3500 Heavy Duty lineup. Dealers have been able to order the 2023 models for the past month or so, however, Ram has yet to showcase its updated Heavy Duty lineup.

Wintrskibum

Reaction score
This looks awesome! I was going to finalize my 2023 power wagon order today. As of now there is no option for the performance hood for the power wagon. Wondering if this will be stock for all 23’ power wagons or if it will be an option not available to order right now. Definitely want this. Maybe I’ll wait…

UglyViking

Reaction score
I dig the look, but I also wonder about those model badges. They look like they would be ripe for water leakage if they are similar to the current mounting system. I've already had water intrusion issues on my hood.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Its got the new mirrors i see too

I wonder what the cost of the hood will be to buy with the plastics? If its a functioning scoop that would be a nice upgrade vs the OEM setup on my truck now that is covered once the winter front goes on…

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Its got the new mirrors i see too

I wonder what the cost of the hood will be to buy with the plastics? If its a functioning scoop that would be a nice upgrade vs the OEM setup on my truck now that is covered once the winter front goes on…
Uh, the mirrors look like the same ones I have on my '21 PW. Just flipped up into "moose mode"

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, the mirrors look like the same ones I have on my '21 PW. Just flipped up into "moose mode"
There's a few threads on the new trucks including discussions of the new mirrors. They are power telescoping and similar to the GM mirrors. Fugly IMHO, but functional.

If only Ram could see to install a telescoping steering wheel. :rolleyes:

tchur1

Reaction score
There's a few threads on the new trucks including discussions of the new mirrors. They are power telescoping and similar to the GM mirrors. Fugly IMHO, but functional.

If only Ram could see to install a telescoping steering wheel. :rolleyes:
If they brought in the telescoping wheel I think I would order a 23 for that alone.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yea, I read they telescope. But they look just like the stock ones. Cant tell from looking where the telescope part is.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So the new mirror slides out, but does not flip up like the current ones.
Is the mirror the same size or bigger than the current one?
Yes they went back to the auto fold from before. But it's not that hard to push the button and have them fold in when I need to.

So the big question is, are they tucked in closer when in than the current ones?
Or do they stick out farther than the stock ones flipped up when they are slid out?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
They don't flip. I thought the same until I took a closer look.
Top picture is the new one slid out.
Lower picture is the current one flipped up.
im talking about the pivot at the door bracket… see how the pictured truck has the door bracket piece at the top and bottom with the mirror pivoting in the center section. The old mirrors only had a lower section and the top was the mirror body…

08B67B6F-B4F2-4DE9-8431-5D355BCFBFD3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread