Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargo camera unavailable

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
So, took delivery of my New 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie, 52 miles on it, on Friday Aug 26th. Cargo Camera on the 12" display was BLUE on delivery, tailgate camera works and do not have the 360 option. They submitted a ticket and asked me to bring it to get it checked out on Tues 9/6/22. Picked it up today, 9/13/22, and it is not working. They replaced the camera and are being told by Chrysler to replace the radio. It is on order, should be in 7 to 10 business days. I mentioned to them about the OTA, SW/FW and they stated is all up to date per tech and Chrysler experts and still not working! Sounds like others have had the same issue. Think I will try the manual update Jimmy07 attached in this thread. Hopefully this works, hate for them to tear into the dash and replace the radio for just an update! Wish me luck! Ha! Did I miss something, where do I look for the current SW/FW on my radio? (Will look for the Version info in the Radio, seen the photo attached earlier.) Thanks. Picture of my new ride!View attachment 44278

Press and hold the lower left and right corners of the screen until the dealer menu comes up. You can probably figure it out from there.

VictoryDaveAZ

Reaction score
Press and hold the lower left and right corners of the screen until the dealer menu comes up. You can probably figure it out from there.
I could not get the radio to open the dealer menu. Holding bottom left and right corners would rearrange the icons and also got a chime/light on the speedo dash. But, would not open the menu. Gave up and already had a memory stick with the latest update. Installed this morning and Cargo Camera is working! Thanks for the help! Guess I will tell the dealer I do not need that new radio they ordered. Ha!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I could not get the radio to open the dealer menu. Holding bottom left and right corners would rearrange the icons and also got a chime/light on the speedo dash. But, would not open the menu. Gave up and already had a memory stick with the latest update. Installed this morning and Cargo Camera is working! Thanks for the help! Guess I will tell the dealer I do not need that new radio they ordered. Ha!
Doh! Info I gave may not work on UC5. I think it's in the settings somewhere.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
There’s no hidden dealer menu on the UC5. To view the current software version, go to:
Vehicle > Settings > System Information > Version Information.

Here’s the newest update that is about to be released. So far, I haven’t experienced any of the glitches I have before with this new version.
Same as the other updates: 4-16GB usb stick formatted fat32, do not unzip anything, just put the entire unzipped folder onto the usb stick, and plug it into the media hub under the radio.

Last edited:

superjoe83

Reaction score
There’s no hidden dealer menu on the UC5. To view the current software version, go to:
Vehicle > Settings > System Information > Version Information.

Here’s the newest update that is about to be released. So far, I haven’t experienced any of the glitches I have before with this new version.
Same as the other updates: 4-16GB usb stick formatted fat32, do not unzip anything, just put the entire unzipped folder onto the usb stick, and plug it into the media hub under the radio.

Do you know if this update fixes the trailer tpms issues with the radio forgetting the sensor pairing?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Do you know if this update fixes the trailer tpms issues with the radio forgetting the sensor pairing?
That, I couldn’t tell you because I have never experienced an issue with my trailer TPMS pairing in the first place.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Jimmy07,
Looks like your file is requiring access permission to get, sent you a request. Thanks! The last one corrected my Cargo Camera issue! Thanks again!
I just realized I put my issue under the wrong 12" display issues, I actually have the UC5 in my 2022. But, got the problem corrected. So glad I do not need the radio replaced and some tech breaking into the dash!
Update link fixed

tiki318

Reaction score
Well, the infotainment system was replaced on Friday and the camera is now working. You will never convince me, however, that the radio was the problem as it came with the S24.13 version of the software pre-installed. I told my UConnect case manager as much. I would have updated the software myself months ago with the versions on the forum, but the dear husband was adamant against it. He insisted on going through the dealer. When he took the truck in on Friday, I gave him a flash drive containing S26.15 and told him that if it didn't work this time to give the drive to our service rep and don't leave the bay until he updated the system.
We've had the truck for almost 5 months now and have never received 1 update. Let's see how long it is before I get an OTA update now, if ever.
I appreciate everyone's input, especially you Jimmy. It's just too bad that it fell on deaf ears when communicating with Customer Care and UConnect.
Now it's time to focus my energy on getting the dealer to work out all the kinks on the new RV. It's always something!

VictoryDaveAZ

Reaction score
Well, the infotainment system was replaced on Friday and the camera is now working. You will never convince me, however, that the radio was the problem as it came with the S24.13 version of the software pre-installed. I told my UConnect case manager as much. I would have updated the software myself months ago with the versions on the forum, but the dear husband was adamant against it. He insisted on going through the dealer. When he took the truck in on Friday, I gave him a flash drive containing S26.15 and told him that if it didn't work this time to give the drive to our service rep and don't leave the bay until he updated the system.
We've had the truck for almost 5 months now and have never received 1 update. Let's see how long it is before I get an OTA update now, if ever.
I appreciate everyone's input, especially you Jimmy. It's just too bad that it fell on deaf ears when communicating with Customer Care and UConnect.
Now it's time to focus my energy on getting the dealer to work out all the kinks on the new RV. It's always something!
I am in the middle of the same issue. Dealer had my truck for a week troubleshooting the non-working Cargo Camera. They replaced the camera and that did not fix it. When the service rep called me, I asked him to verify the Radio SW/FW was the latest revision. He said, "Tech is working closely with Chrysler troubleshooting and they have tried all that!" They determined the radio needs replaced, they ordered it. I brought it home and updated the SW to S24.13, Cargo Camera works! They will not be tearing into my dash to replace a radio. Did S26.15 a couple days later and Cargo Camera is still working. Thanks Jimmy!

matemike

Reaction score
Quick question, have you folks who updated the software gone through any sort of "Customer Acceptance Testing" (CAT) after install to make sure everything else is still working? Does a document like a CAT check sheet exist?

Does your truck default back to factory settings and you have yo go back and store seat settings, mirror settings, radio settings, light settings etc?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Quick question, have you folks who updated the software gone through any sort of "Customer Acceptance Testing" (CAT) after install to make sure everything else is still working? Does a document like a CAT check sheet exist?

Does your truck default back to factory settings and you have yo go back and store seat settings, mirror settings, radio settings, light settings etc?
We’re just the end user, so Ram is the actual customer that goes through the testing of software provided by Uconnect. I actually ran version 25.7 from Uconnect for a while, which is a version Ram didn’t bother using (hence the jump from 24.13 to 26.15).
CAT would be moot to us because once we update, there’s no going back to a previous version.

After an update, the radio does not revert back to factory settings, and all profiles and settings are still in tact. It might take a few drive cycles to get full functionality of everything back, and the new changes to take place, but you can force that by restarting the radio twice via pressing and holding the power button.

Firewall

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 Just a quick thank you for posting the updates. My truck never gets OTA updates and your updates work every time and each update seems better than the other!

VictoryDaveAZ

Reaction score
My dealer called last week to tell me the replacement radio and cargo camera is in and would like to schedule the replacement for the non working cargo camera. (They said, during the week they had it, that they worked with Chrysler and did everything and now the radio is needed to fix it. I even asked them if the latest FW/SW was installed on my radio.) I let them know that once the update was done, S24.13, then S26.15 a couple days later, the Cargo Camera is working. They were disappointed! Ha! No need to tear into my dash or cargo camera! Guess the disappointment was now they were not getting the warranty money for throwing parts at my truck! Not about fixing our trucks unless they can make warranty money doing it!

matemike

Reaction score
I know I'm reviving an old thread. But I have been getting calls and e-mails from U-Connect asking if my truck received the OTA update that should have fixed my cargo camera. Still, No. They tell me that one day when I start my truck it will prompt me to allow the update to happen, but to not drive around while it updates. And if I do not have time, I could plan on a different time to leave the ACC on and allow my truck radio softawre to update. Never had this happen, yet.

Today, I decided I had enough recalls pile-up and notes in my RAM App to get my dealer to clear some things. I went ahead and asked them to update software or whatever to fix my cargo camera since I know Uconnect has rolled it out now. They called me back a few times saying they can't get the camera to work and that I have to replace the radio. OMFG. I told them I knew they were going to say that, and don't you dare touch my radio. What's with this? Do they get a big special bag of money (under the table) for swapping out radios?

Anyway, they said my truck was up to date with the latest software. I asked what version is it, girl didn't know. I asked when did it update? She still did not know, but she said it came OTA. Again, I said I was never prompted the way that UConnect said I would be, so how did it update? Asked if she has even talked to Uconnect. Still no, doesn't know. All she knows is my radio has to be replaced.

What gives with these dog-gone dealerships?

mountainears

Reaction score
Have you checked the version number yourself to see if it has been updated? Fairly straightforward to check the version number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I know I'm reviving an old thread. But I have been getting calls and e-mails from U-Connect asking if my truck received the OTA update that should have fixed my cargo camera. Still, No. They tell me that one day when I start my truck it will prompt me to allow the update to happen, but to not drive around while it updates. And if I do not have time, I could plan on a different time to leave the ACC on and allow my truck radio softawre to update. Never had this happen, yet.

Today, I decided I had enough recalls pile-up and notes in my RAM App to get my dealer to clear some things. I went ahead and asked them to update software or whatever to fix my cargo camera since I know Uconnect has rolled it out now. They called me back a few times saying they can't get the camera to work and that I have to replace the radio. OMFG. I told them I knew they were going to say that, and don't you dare touch my radio. What's with this? Do they get a big special bag of money (under the table) for swapping out radios?

Anyway, they said my truck was up to date with the latest software. I asked what version is it, girl didn't know. I asked when did it update? She still did not know, but she said it came OTA. Again, I said I was never prompted the way that UConnect said I would be, so how did it update? Asked if she has even talked to Uconnect. Still no, doesn't know. All she knows is my radio has to be replaced.

What gives with these dog-gone dealerships?
What build version is your radio on right now?
You can find it in Vehicle > settings > version information towards the bottom of the list.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
FCA-MY22.S21D.5-PROD
You’re 4 updates behind. At this point, your radio can’t update to the newest version 26.17 until it is first updated to 24.13.
You pretty much have two options if you ever want that cargo camera working:
1) I post a copy of 24.13 and 26.17 for you to manually update to.
2) Let the dealer replace the radio, and hope that the new one comes with at least 24.13 installed on it.

Users who are viewing this thread