Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargo camera unavailable

FLRAM

Reaction score
Brand new 2022 ram 2500 limited and the cargo camera gives a blue screen and unavailable. Never has worked. Anything to try before I take it to the dealer?

Erik

Reaction score
Brand new 2022 ram 2500 limited and the cargo camera gives a blue screen and unavailable. Never has worked. Anything to try before I take it to the dealer?
Same issue on a 2022 Laramie… BS

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Nope....nothing to try...take it in for a flash or you'll need a new radio like I did....a couple of us have had this issue....

FLRAM

Reaction score
Looks that way. Rebooted it and checked the fuses and nothing. Thanks

Last edited:

johnsopa

Reaction score
Hi all. First post, new 2022 2500 Laramie 6.7 diesel owner since October. I'll post overall impressions soon (happy with most thing, not at all impressed with others).

But... we took the truck in last Thursday to have the cargo camera blue screen fixed. It has not worked since day one. I disassembled the center high brake like and disconnected/reconnected the camera and it didn't fix it. Dealer ordered a new camera on Friday but just emailed me with this info today:

"Hi, just wanted to give you an update regarding your vehicle. Chrysler just came out with a STAR case regarding the cargo camera over the weekend. We did replace it under warranty, but it actually is related to the software level of the radio. The fix is coming in the 1st quarter of this year. I do apologize for this inconvenience."

Crazy. Combined with multiple black screens and freezes of the Uconnect, I can't believe this software has been released for public consumption.

FLRAM

Reaction score
Hi all. First post, new 2022 2500 Laramie 6.7 diesel owner since October. I'll post overall impressions soon (happy with most thing, not at all impressed with others).

But... we took the truck in last Thursday to have the cargo camera blue screen fixed. It has not worked since day one. I disassembled the center high brake like and disconnected/reconnected the camera and it didn't fix it. Dealer ordered a new camera on Friday but just emailed me with this info today:

"Hi, just wanted to give you an update regarding your vehicle. Chrysler just came out with a STAR case regarding the cargo camera over the weekend. We did replace it under warranty, but it actually is related to the software level of the radio. The fix is coming in the 1st quarter of this year. I do apologize for this inconvenience."

Crazy. Combined with multiple black screens and freezes of the Uconnect, I can't believe this software has been released for public consumption.
Thanks for the info. Mine is going in Soo I’ll see what they say. Brought up the star case but said bring it in.

johnsopa

Reaction score
Just in case this helps anyone else, here's the "Star Case" my dealer gave me...

Case number: S2208000003
Release date: January 2022

Attachments

• 0186_220110195824_001.pdf
    48.4 KB · Views: 56
  • star case rear cargo camera.png
    star case rear cargo camera.png
    149.1 KB · Views: 107

Erik

Reaction score
My truck had a uconnect update this afternoon, and now the cargo camera does work. Funny thing is the contrast and video quality is no where near as good as the back up camera. Haven’t uninstalled the ANC bypass harness yet to determine if the update also fixed the random issues with ANC as well. Anyone else get an update today that resolved uconnect 12” issues?

Erik

Reaction score
My truck had a uconnect update this afternoon, and now the cargo camera does work. Funny thing is the contrast and video quality is no where near as good as the back up camera. Haven’t uninstalled the ANC bypass harness yet to determine if the update also fixed the random issues with ANC as well. Anyone else get an update today that resolved uconnect 12” issues?
So I removed the ANC bypass harness this morning and after the 20 minute drive home it was reinstalled. Update did not fix the annoying Bass noise produced by the ANC, disappointing. I wonder if a “working” system produces the perceived noise I experience. My 2020 diesel 1500 didn’t how any noticeable issue, albeit a completely different beast.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Do you have 360°? (not likely if it's a late 22 Laramie)

Pretty sure the cargo camera is analog on non surround trucks.

Erik

Reaction score
I did not opt for 360 view on this truck. I doubt there are different cameras based on the number used.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I did not opt for 360 view on this truck. I doubt there are different cameras based on the number used.

There's a more recent thread with descriptions and part numbers and pics @Jimmy07 posted that I can't find right now.

However, the cargo cam IS analog on non surround view trucks. The tailgate cam is digital.

1) The CHMSL with cargo camera for trucks not equipped with surround view.
2) The CHMSL with cargo camera for trucks with surround view- because the camera is digital, and bigger, with a different camera housing than non-surround view trucks
3) The CHMSL with cargo camera and digital rear view mirror camera for trucks equipped with surround view

Erik

Reaction score
There's a more recent thread with descriptions and part numbers and pics @Jimmy07 posted that I can't find right now.

However, the cargo cam IS analog on non surround view trucks. The tailgate cam is digital.

Anyone know if the camera itself can be upgraded to the digital counterpart or is the input to uconnect completely different. Explains the lack of video quality.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Anyone know if the camera itself can be upgraded to the digital counterpart or is the input to uconnect completely different. Explains the lack of video quality.
No, you can’t swap in the digital cargo camera unless you install the entire 360 surround view camera system. Explanation of the different cameras used in link:

red88rick

Reaction score
So the answer to this is to wait for an over the air update regardless of what system you have? I have a Laramie just picked up today and has the blue screen for the cargo camera.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So the answer to this is to wait for an over the air update regardless of what system you have? I have a Laramie just picked up today and has the blue screen for the cargo camera.
Yes. The OTA update was released February 4. It’ll be phased in batches, and some have already received it and it fixed the cargo camera.

franko

Reaction score
Yes. The OTA update was released February 4. It’ll be phased in batches, and some have already received it and it fixed the cargo camera.
Just picked up my new Laramie yesterday and found this blue screen problem with the cargo camera during my demo with the salesman. He spoke with service and they suggested I bring it back for them to look closer on Thursday because they thought it was probably a loose connector somewhere. Everything else seems to working fine so far.
Is there a way for me to see if my truck has this recent OTA update? Truck was built on 1/10, but didnt hit the dealer lot until last monday, so I could see it not having the latest updates due to the frequency of releases. I'd rather not have the techs poking around if it's really only a software updates.

Erik

Reaction score
I agree with your assessment. Wait for the update to avoid unnecessary headaches.

franko

Reaction score
Update - I got an OTA update tonight and now the cargo camera works.

71CJ5

Reaction score
Add my 2022 2500 Laramie to the cargo camera list. My cargo camera functions, but it is tied to the Aux 2 camera button. Pressing the cargo camera button brings up a blue screen but pressing the Aux 2 camera button brings up the cargo camera. I'll wait to see if a software update fixes this....

Users who are viewing this thread