Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonathancrook24

Reaction score
I was looking into considering adding this to my 2020 3500 I got the same 8.4 radio and only a back up camera. My curiosity is once everything is hooked up is there a programming deal that has to be done to the radio to enable the 3rd brake light camera, or is it just plug in play if I run the wires for it?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I was looking into considering adding this to my 2020 3500 I got the same 8.4 radio and only a back up camera. My curiosity is once everything is hooked up is there a programming deal that has to be done to the radio to enable the 3rd brake light camera, or is it just plug in play if I run the wires for it?
You’ll need to enable the cargo camera in the BCM for it to work. Looking back in this thread, I had some bad info on the wire positions for the cargo camera- it’s pins 21, 22, & 23 on the big radio connector, not 24, 25, 26.

Jonathancrook24

Reaction score
Okey thats good info I was looking for. Currently I have no way to adjust parameters on Mopar side of things yet work gives me access to gm and ford. Maybe I'll get access to it one day, I was looking at converting my halogen headlamps to the factory led lamps but thats cost of programing and the lamps not going to be cheap. I didnt know what my options were for the 3rd brake light camera nobody mentioned programming, but did about a module alone

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Okey thats good info I was looking for. Currently I have no way to adjust parameters on Mopar side of things yet work gives me access to gm and ford. Maybe I'll get access to it one day, I was looking at converting my halogen headlamps to the factory led lamps but thats cost of programing and the lamps not going to be cheap. I didnt know what my options were for the 3rd brake light camera nobody mentioned programming, but did about a module alone
Programming the BCM is easy to do yourself- https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/alfaobd.640/

Jonathancrook24

Reaction score
Thank you man I just started reading in it once I sit down at work for a little while ill dig into it a little deeper

macr88

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2020 Ram Chassis cab 3500 with the surround view system and my display is just black behind my truck in surround view mode. Just to the right of the svm, my rear camera displays what’s behind me. How do I get surround view mode to display my rear camera? Dealer couldn’t figure it out.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2020 Ram Chassis cab 3500 with the surround view system and my display is just black behind my truck in surround view mode. Just to the right of the svm, my rear camera displays what’s behind me. How do I get surround view mode to display my rear camera? Dealer couldn’t figure it out.
Clip from body builders guide-
“With this system, all views will be available in the screen in the center stack. On chassis cabs, the system will operate the surround and cargo views as delivered. The electronics will be configured to operate the backup camera view properly once the camera is connected. Prior to connection, the monitor will display a blue screen when the vehicle is in reverse. The table below outlines the radio and display options available on chassis cabs and pickups with surround view.”
“As delivered” on C&Cs means a 270 degree view, with the rear camera view being blacked out. It says once the rear camera is connected, it will “operate the backup camera view properly”. Now, does that mean just the backup camera view properly when in reverse instead of getting the blue screen? Or, the backup camera view in both the former blue screen AND the overhead view? I’m not sure. Looking at the BCM settings, I don’t see a way that there are two different surround view configurations- ie, one for 360 view, and one for 270 view. Surround view is either enabled all the way, or not enabled at all, and if a camera is unplugged from the CVPM, it will black out that stitched camera image only. I would ask the dealership tech if the rear camera needs to be calibrated in the CVPM.

macr88

Reaction score
Clip from body builders guide-
“With this system, all views will be available in the screen in the center stack. On chassis cabs, the system will operate the surround and cargo views as delivered. The electronics will be configured to operate the backup camera view properly once the camera is connected. Prior to connection, the monitor will display a blue screen when the vehicle is in reverse. The table below outlines the radio and display options available on chassis cabs and pickups with surround view.”
“As delivered” on C&Cs means a 270 degree view, with the rear camera view being blacked out. It says once the rear camera is connected, it will “operate the backup camera view properly”. Now, does that mean just the backup camera view properly when in reverse instead of getting the blue screen? Or, the backup camera view in both the former blue screen AND the overhead view? I’m not sure. Looking at the BCM settings, I don’t see a way that there are two different surround view configurations- ie, one for 360 view, and one for 270 view. Surround view is either enabled all the way, or not enabled at all, and if a camera is unplugged from the CVPM, it will black out that stitched camera image only. I would ask the dealership tech if the rear camera needs to be calibrated in the CVPM.
Yea, it used to be a blue screen until the service body and camera was installed. I want to say they performed a calibration and nothing. They also said something about needing to enter a code but when they searched, there was no code for chassis cabs and 360 view. Really appreciate your help and I’ll ask them to perform a calibration in case they haven’t already.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
So I was going to add the cargo camera to my truck and found one on car-part for $350, and apparently it was too good to be true because I opened the box and it has a connector and what I believe to be is a digital connector on the camera. I assume my only option at this point would be to add the surround view system?

Users who are viewing this thread