Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks ran horn

Gerald_82

Reaction score
So i ordered this today for my 21 ram 3500 H.O just wondering do you think it’s past voiding my warranty ?

Attachments

• 860A88CD-739D-4F4D-8F6A-86189F0319C7.png
    860A88CD-739D-4F4D-8F6A-86189F0319C7.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 255

J-J

Reaction score
So i ordered this today for my 21 ram 3500 H.O just wondering do you think it’s past voiding my warranty ?
Been looking at that same kit.. allowes to keep all the BS on top of it too..think it will be dealer based.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Riddick

Reaction score
Looks like its completely bolt on parts which means stock parts can easily go back on if you need to take it in. From my experience any modifications you make to the engine will technically void your warranty. It does not matter if you keep emissions in tact or not, if its not OEM the dealer could push back. However, I believe the Magnuson-Moss act requires the dealer to prove the part you changed is related to whatever your warranty claim is.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Looks like its completely bolt on parts which means stock parts can easily go back on if you need to take it in. From my experience any modifications you make to the engine will technically void your warranty. It does not matter if you keep emissions in tact or not, if its not OEM the dealer could push back. However, I believe the Magnuson-Moss act requires the dealer to prove the part you changed is related to whatever your warranty claim is.
People completely misunderstand the purpose of mag moss. It's not so that you can upgrade performance parts, the intent was that a dealer/manufacture couldn't deny a warranty claim because you didn't use their parts, their brand oil, etc. The idea being you can use any part/oil/etc. so long as it meets the manufactures spec and will not be denied a claim.

Yes, you can technically swap our your air horn for the banks one and all should be fine, but the dealer/manufacture has two things you don't, better lawyers and more time. Your truck can sit on their lot for months while they deny a claim and they couldn't care less. I doubt this specific part would void a warranty but better safe than sorry if it's a concern.

EDIT: I will say, I'm interested in that ram air since the heater coil looks like it's less prone to issues vs the factory grid heater. I wonder how well it works.

Last edited:

camaroz2866

Reaction score
I put the previous gen 4” on, nothing to worry about and if I have to I’ll put everything back to stock.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Honestly unless you are doing a lot of other mods that is going to do noting but be eye candy. The stock system flows more then enough air to support stock + HP .

And yes it will void the warranty. I doubt you are going to go to all the trouble to put the stock back on to take it in, that's going to be a job. Injectors lines have to be pulled, fuel rail, etc. It's not a simple unbolt and swap. Doable, but not a "quick" job by any means. If the truck dies on the side of the road (where they all do) and has to be towed in you will not have the opportunity to swap it back any way.

Lary0071

Reaction score
I looked at that promo email yesterday as well, but I observed that Bank's does not at all speak to it gaining any measurable HP or TQ. They speak to the design and it's increased capability to flow CFM of air, but if the OEM design easily flows the CFM being requested by the retreating cylinder, then you could put a 55 gallon drum over the intake port and not gain a thing. The absence of dyno print out proof of power gains suggests that this is a part that looks cool but offers no measurable gain in actual performance. For now, until I see someone dyno prove a gain... I am out.

BadRam3500

Reaction score
Pretty sure the gains will be seen once boost is increased .
I think the power band will probably shift a little towards the lower end at factory boost levels

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Some of you should try it before you doubt it.....unless you tune it there won't necessarily be a "hp" gain but the driveability and throttle response is where this piece shines...and no....it won't void your warranty....it doesn't make your truck operate outside the stock parameters...read tuning....an intake doesn't void your warranty....a new intercooler doesn't void your warranty....

UglyViking

Reaction score
Some of you should try it before you doubt it.....unless you tune it there won't necessarily be a "hp" gain but the driveability and throttle response is where this piece shines...and no....it won't void your warranty....it doesn't make your truck operate outside the stock parameters...read tuning....an intake doesn't void your warranty....a new intercooler doesn't void your warranty....
I'm not an engineer, so this could be wrong, but it seems odd to me that this would have any drivability or throttle response gain. The stock horn has more flow than is necessary for what the turbo can output right? If so, how would this change anything, if it's not adding resistance, it seems odd it would. Perhaps the angle of the airflow is more smooth, or the removal of the gridheader results in less air turbulence, but I'm not sure how much you'd notice seat of your pants.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
remove injector lines and fuel rail to do this? are we sure on that?

MtnRider

Reaction score

If you can get it in writing from Ram that it doesn't void the warranty then I'll believe you, until then I will go with it void it. I've seen them void for much less. The fact that you are deleting the factory grid heater, and adding a non-oem parts is enough to void it.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
ah, yup. only if doing the grid delete... is that a requirement for the banks unit?

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
If you can get it in writing from Ram that it doesn't void the warranty then I'll believe you, until then I will go with it void it. I've seen them void for much less. The fact that you are deleting the factory grid heater, and adding a non-oem parts is enough to void it.

I'm strictly talking about the horn....more airflow....that's all....

UglyViking

Reaction score
I'm strictly talking about the horn....more airflow....that's all....
More airflow is great, but only if it's actual airflow vs more "potential" airflow. My understanding is that your current bottleneck isn't the horn, but the turbo. So unless you're also upgrading your turbo it's not gonna make much of a difference I'd think.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
it'll make a few points better on a dyno, but in general you wouldn't "need" that, or a grid heater delete until well over 600whp.

Users who are viewing this thread