Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aux Switches

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
it looks like tasca parts has a switch bank in stock.. maybe not. price looks to be $140ish.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I have checked with Ram, they looked in there system and the only place that has one just 1 is in Texas and they want like $245 for it I called them. No thanks, I'll wait.

HDRAM2020

Reaction score
Let me ask this I just got my 2020 3500 Limited with the upfitter switches and the VSM ,but I also got a huge wiring harness is this right you have to wire it up yourself.

Marshfly

Reaction score
Let me ask this I just got my 2020 3500 Limited with the upfitter switches and the VSM ,but I also got a huge wiring harness is this right you have to wire it up yourself.

No. There are individual wires with terminals on them in the bag. There is also a sheet of paper that tells you what pins on the blocks under the hood are for what switches.

Here are two plugged into mine. This is right beside the driver side battery on the firewall.

45804e09aaabe3e4cfe0e7907c44dc99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HDRAM2020

Reaction score
No. There are individual wires with terminals on them in the bag. There is also a sheet of paper that tells you what pins on the blocks under the hood are for what switches.

Here are two plugged into mine. This is right beside the driver side battery on the firewall.

45804e09aaabe3e4cfe0e7907c44dc99.jpg

Yes I have all that but you pay that much for a truck why doesn't it just get built that way.

Marshfly

Reaction score
Yes I have all that but you pay that much for a truck why doesn't it just get built that way.

What do you mean? Are they supposed to magically know where you want those wires run and have them waiting for your lights and compressors and stuff? Think about it.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
There is a clear misunderstanding here. Your switches are wired. The stuff in the bag is what you need to attach your accessories to your switches. Those ports are what Marshfly posted a photo of. The switches and bag of goodies basically make all your basic exterior accessories plug and play.

HDRAM2020

Reaction score
I remember the fords had a blunt ended wires and each one was designated to differant amperage,wire were not run but from that point you did what you needed. I'm not saying run them where ever but to have to get under dash and inside cab they could have made a simple junction.

Marshfly

Reaction score
I remember the fords had a blunt ended wires and each one was designated to differant amperage,wire were not run but from that point you did what you needed. I'm not saying run them where ever but to have to get under dash and inside cab they could have made a simple junction.

That’s exactly what it is. You stick the wire in the gray connector and butt connect your wiring to the tag end. It’s really very simple. Literally, run your wiring to the box and butt connect it to the wire. The connection takes all of 90 seconds. No crawling under the dash necessary.

I think it will make more sense if you actually take a look at everything rather than assuming.

Cummins3

Reaction score
So I'm still lil lost has anyone answered this?? My 2019 diesel truck didn't come with aux switch so I'm considering Buying the aux switches from ram is it plug and play? Will i be able to take out what I have and replace it with what I buy? Will I be able to program the switches via commercial mode??

trdt44

Reaction score
So I'm still lil lost has anyone answered this?? My 2019 diesel truck didn't come with aux switch so I'm considering Buying the aux switches from ram is it plug and play? Will i be able to take out what I have and replace it with what I buy? Will I be able to program the switches via commercial mode??

No, it is not plug and play. Your truck may have come with the auxilary PDC (power distribution center) like @BighornHDRam. If that is the case then you would need to purchase your needed switch bank and run the wire to the PDC. This would require the correct terminals/connectors for the PDC and switches. My truck does not have the PDC so I am going to add the switch bank and an auxiliary fuse/relay panel. It is my understanding that switch control menu can be accessed by installing a security bypass module and then turning it on with an app like AlfaOBD.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Here is some progress on wiring up my PDC Box, I have had some decent luck with some crimp tools and not so much with others that will end up in the trash bin. After being frustrated with the quality of the crimps on the sealed terminal ends I ended up ordering this kit along with a few other dies and hope this will allow me to finish this up and install it. Still have to wait on my panel switch thou to try it out.

Attachments

• IMG_4999.JPG
    IMG_4999.JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_5001.JPG
    IMG_5001.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_5002.JPG
    IMG_5002.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 340

Burton12387

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice / instructions to give, and removing / installing the actual switch bank from the center stack of the truck? Are their hidden screws or clips anywhere to depress before trying to pull the switch bank out?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
you have to take the center stack out. it's easy. two bolts up top and clips around the perimeter. once you have the stack out and unplugged, turn it over and you'll see how it's held on.

bclark828

Reaction score
I have a 2019 PW and would love to have the Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches.

SFC

Reaction score
Here is some progress on wiring up my PDC Box, I have had some decent luck with some crimp tools and not so much with others that will end up in the trash bin. After being frustrated with the quality of the crimps on the sealed terminal ends I ended up ordering this kit along with a few other dies and hope this will allow me to finish this up and install it. Still have to wait on my panel switch thou to try it out.

You have an update on what parts you ordered other than the switch panel? And do you have everything you need at this point? Also - FYI you might want to check another dealer if you're still waiting on the switch. When I reached out to a buddy who works at a local dealership a couple weeks ago he said he could order it whenever I was ready.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
You have an update on what parts you ordered other than the switch panel? And do you have everything you need at this point? Also - FYI you might want to check another dealer if you're still waiting on the switch. When I reached out to a buddy who works at a local dealership a couple weeks ago he said he could order it whenever I was ready.
I do not since my truck has been in the shop for the past week and a half currently getting a new cp4 pump installed to see if it fixes the rattle vibration noise it makes. Not sure if I'm going to stick with the Diesel since they tried 3 times to look at contaminated fuel on my pump but came back negative every time.

Users who are viewing this thread