Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attaching chains to hitch Ram class IV/V hitch

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Spin it any way you want.
You don't comprehend what you read. I didn't tell someone to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on a hitch they most likely do not need. I only said you were giving bad advice.
By saying i am giving bad advice you are saying they need to get a WDH.... anyhow i will keep doing it my preferred way you keep doing it your preferred way at this point it is a matter of opinion

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You pull 15k lbs on a 2500 with no weight distribution? What's tongue weight? And what size caribiner do you use for that?:cool:
The 2500 is rated for 17k and the tongue weight is around 750-1000 lbs typically on park models there is no need for a wdh if the truck is not squatting or past the recivers load limit with a normal hitch

RV_Goose

Reaction score
The 2500 is rated for 17k and the tongue weight is around 750-1000 lbs typically on park models there is no need for a wdh if the truck is not squatting or past the recivers load limit with a normal hitch
Much less hitch weight than I would have thought.

Frank

Reaction score
5% hitch weight? Isn't that a separate safety issue? My 6100 lbs dry weight TT is higher than 750 lbs. I do agree the 2500 handles that tongue weight just fine though. Saves me time when I go fetch it the night before a trip.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
5% hitch weight? Isn't that a separate safety issue? My 6100 lbs dry weight TT is higher than 750 lbs. I do agree the 2500 handles that tongue weight just fine though. Saves me time when I go fetch it the night before a trip.
They are not ment to travel with so the axles are more centered than most trailers

Users who are viewing this thread