Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

Paul Smith

Reaction score
They discontinued production, and are working on a new redesigned pump assembly. You would think they would keep the old one until the new one was done. No new pumps to be found in stock anywhere. I really wish I could post something good about Chrysler here, but they haven't given me a good experience to share yet. I'll give you one guess what's going to happen to this DEF system as soon as my warrantee expires.

Gixxerman88

Reaction score
FCA needs to fix this problem.
I agree. Neither the dealer nor FCA has done anything to help me at this point. They gave me a caravan for a loaner for the first couple weeks and a Ram 1500 last week. I can’t tow anything. In a couple of weeks I’m supposed to tow my 12k travel trailer. Looks like I will have to rent a truck to do that. This has been a nightmare. Looks like lawyer will have to file a lemon law claim to resolve this situation

AJ BCTD2500

Reaction score
Much less critical than some recent issues on this thread... but.. key-fob range?

Since day 1 my fob range has been trash - anyone else have this issue? No comparison to the range of my 15 Grand Cherokee remote. Hesitant to believe it's battery related since I bought it new, and the issue has always existed.

JC82 HD2500

Reaction score
Much less critical than some recent issues on this thread... but.. key-fob range?

Since day 1 my fob range has been trash - anyone else have this issue? No comparison to the range of my 15 Grand Cherokee remote. Hesitant to believe it's battery related since I bought it new, and the issue has always existed.
Have you replaced the battery to see if it's the issue? Or tried your other key fob?

AJ BCTD2500

Reaction score
I've used the other fob a few times and it seems to perform similar however I have not put them through a proper head to head battle.

Looks like the simplest test will be to just replace the battery in the event that I received lemon batteries, albeit unlikely. Hate cracking those fobs open...

RVTRKN

Reaction score
The fob is always transmitting even though your miles from the truck. I kinda use my Uconnect app to cool or heat my truck before I get in.

RamGuy84

Reaction score
I agree. Neither the dealer nor FCA has done anything to help me at this point. They gave me a caravan for a loaner for the first couple weeks and a Ram 1500 last week. I can’t tow anything. In a couple of weeks I’m supposed to tow my 12k travel trailer. Looks like I will have to rent a truck to do that. This has been a nightmare. Looks like lawyer will have to file a lemon law claim to resolve this situation
My 2020 Cummins is at the dealer and I tow a decent sized trailer for work. The dealer loaned me a 1500 Tradesman with a 3.6L Pentastar! Lol. I rented a Ram dually from Enterprise. I contacted Ram and it sounded promising for a reimbursement. Just a thought.

Attachments

• 789F3E63-C84C-4BC1-99A3-2FA93F0FBB9E.jpeg
    789F3E63-C84C-4BC1-99A3-2FA93F0FBB9E.jpeg
    872.9 KB · Views: 65

Ian745

Reaction score
Mine went down at 5000 kms, or so, about 3000 miles, def injection pump, thankfully they had one close so truck was only down for the Easter. Weekend, was fixed yesterday

Paul Smith

Reaction score
My 2020 Cummins is at the dealer and I tow a decent sized trailer for work. The dealer loaned me a 1500 Tradesman with a 3.6L Pentastar! Lol. I rented a Ram dually from Enterprise. I contacted Ram and it sounded promising for a reimbursement. Just a thought.
They would only reimburse me $35 per day. Rental cost way more. I came up with a better solution but won't say it here. My truck runs way better than it did now though.

RamFam

Reaction score
I have around 700 miles on mine. There are two main things that are noticeably annoying at this point. First, when going over bumps, speed bumps, uneven roads, anything that shakes the bed, there is a rattle in rear driver side that I cannot figure out. Sounds like the bed is loose on that side maybe. Second thing is the shifting...third gear is POS. I've noticed if I baby the throttle pedal it shifts pretty smooth, but if you need to "hit" it or are a little heavy on the pedal, it shifts rough into third, and then 4th is obvious the torque converter locks in. 68RFE still has downshift problems also in traffic...not as bad as previous years, but still noticable.

This is what I noticed on mine.
I have a 2020 Power Wagon and have the same sound coming from the same area. I believe it is the subwoofer that is in that storage area under the rear passenger seat. Please let me know if you have resolved the issue already. The only issue I have besides that is my front parking sensors turn off randomly.

Vapor567

Reaction score
I have a '19 2500 6.4 Big Horn(cheap radio). Only complaint I have is when first starting the truck it won't let me control the radio (can't turn it down or off). I have bad hearing and I always back up with the radio down or off to make sure no one is behind me. For a smaller screen I'm really happy with the quality of the back up camera, especially the zoom feature.

Nova

Reaction score
I have a '19 2500 6.4 Big Horn(cheap radio). Only complaint I have is when first starting the truck it won't let me control the radio (can't turn it down or off). I have bad hearing and I always back up with the radio down or off to make sure no one is behind me. For a smaller screen I'm really happy with the quality of the back up camera, especially the zoom feature.
Try using the mute button, I hate how terrible some of the technology on this truck responds. I cant lower my volume either.

Users who are viewing this thread