Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

gort

Reaction score
2020 2500 Laramie 4x4 with 2800 miles (purchased Dec 2020). Only complaint that I have so far is that darned 12" Uconnect. It keeps locking up on the SiriusXM "loading" screen about 1 out of 3 starts. Was at the dealership in April, and they confirmed the issue and told me that since I already had the current firmware they'd just move right to ordering a new unit. Three months later and nobody at the dealership can tell me where my replacement radio is or what the status of the order is. I'm curious why I'm getting stonewalled by them as they're normally a pretty stand-up dealership (as dealerships go) and I've done business with them for the last 25 years.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
2020 2500 Laramie 4x4 with 2800 miles (purchased Dec 2020). Only complaint that I have so far is that darned 12" Uconnect. It keeps locking up on the SiriusXM "loading" screen about 1 out of 3 starts. Was at the dealership in April, and they confirmed the issue and told me that since I already had the current firmware they'd just move right to ordering a new unit. Three months later and nobody at the dealership can tell me where my replacement radio is or what the status of the order is. I'm curious why I'm getting stonewalled by them as they're normally a pretty stand-up dealership (as dealerships go) and I've done business with them for the last 25 years.

If you have the memory seat function try changing your media settings to USB1 or USB2 and then saving your memory profile again. This worked for me. My truck doesn't try to start the SiriusXM first and I haven't had an issue since I did this. Coincidence? Maybe, but it has worked for the last 9 months. I would love to hear if it worked or not on a truck that had the problem every third start.

gort

Reaction score
If you have the memory seat function try changing your media settings to USB1 or USB2 and then saving your memory profile again. This worked for me. My truck doesn't try to start the SiriusXM first and I haven't had an issue since I did this. Coincidence? Maybe, but it has worked for the last 9 months. I would love to hear if it worked or not on a truck that had the problem every third start.
I'll give that a try -- I do have both presets (I'm the only one that drives it) set to my personal preferences with SiriusXM as the default. Normally if it works on the first start, it'll keep working the rest of the day provided that all the starts are within about an hour of each other. But I've had many days where (when I actually have to leave the house to go on-site for some reason) it'll be fine in the morning, the vehicle will sit for 8-9 hours, and it'll lock up in the afternoon or evening on the same day. I think I recall reading something about a 45 minute sleep time on the units, but I may be mistaken.

But regardless, even if that does work, it shouldn't be considered a "fix" in the long-term -- FCA (or Stellantis, or whatever they're called now) and/or UConnect should correct the issue as other features don't function when it hangs up. It's particularly irritating to me as I've been writing software professionally for 36 years.

Last edited:

gort

Reaction score
Well, I tried it with setting the preset to FM and to USB1 (I have a thumb drive in the USB1 slot). If I left the radio on SiriuxXM when I shut the truck off, it started in SiriusXM on the next start regardless of the presets. I'm assuming that there's some option I need to check in the config to get it to load the presets on start.

Anyway, after noticing the above, I made sure to switch the radio to FM or USB1 before I shut the truck off. When on FM, it was looking good for a while (about three weeks) when I finally switched to Sirius and it locked up on the "loading" screen again after starting in FM. Then I tried changing to the USB1 before shutting off the truck. That worked for about a week of trying it. I got a phone call that my replacement radio had finally arrived (after about 4 months on order) and it was installed today, so hopefully this will be a moot point. Hoping this replacement unit doesn't go south like the last one. No problems yet (it's been less than a day, though) but only time will tell, I suppose.

MAR Truck

Reaction score
While driving with the cruise control today it quits working and I get “service electronic throttle control” along with “service stability control “. I’ll take by the dealer tomorrow and see if they can look at it. I turned the truck off when I got fuel and the errors came back on.
I got the same lighting bolt service electronic throttle control light. Any answers to this question?

Ian745

Reaction score
I got the same lighting bolt service electronic throttle control light. Any answers to this question?
I had this issue the other day, was driving home with my hunting boots on that are a bit wide and i guess i hit the brake pedal a bit and that caused mine..,lol

Ian745

Reaction score
My third issue, first was injector pump def , then the service light for hitting to brake while holding the gas by accident. And the third. My shifter fell out and was hanging by the little piece of leather..lol was fun to say the least, The bolt holding it on backed right off. Luckily I was on my way to the dealer to get it fix. For the last one, if you have any play in your shifter. Take it in asap to get tightened lol

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I had this issue the other day, was driving home with my hunting boots on that are a bit wide and i guess i hit the brake pedal a bit and that caused mine..,lol
Yea i get that once in a while when i am just lighting up my brake lights to warn the people behind me that if they dont back off they will regret it lol

Nova

Reaction score
My truck is still pulling to the right. Not as bad as after the dealer supposedly fixed it. I even got new tires which helped make it feel better, but it pulls if I let go of the wheel.

longhaul

Reaction score
My truck is still pulling to the right. Not as bad as after the dealer supposedly fixed it. I even got new tires which helped make it feel better, but it pulls if I let go of the wheel.
How bad does it pull when you let go?

longhaul

Reaction score
Had a new rear window installed because it came from the factory with a leak causing wind noise.

Also waiting on a replacement seat cover since the buckle was broke off the Longhorn trim on passenger seat.

And they had to install the floor plate on the passenger door that was never installed right.

JALOPYJUNK

Reaction score
My truck is a 2021 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4 with 5957 miles on it. I purchased this truck on 3/31/2021. This is actually my second one of these trucks that I bought in 2021. On 2/27/21 I purchased my first one which is identical to this truck that I have now. Six days after buying the first truck it was totaled. The second truck started giving me problems not long after I bought it. Around 3800 miles the engine started getting a rough idle and my fuel mileage started dropping along with backfiring on startup and lack of power. At 4423 miles I put the truck into the shop to address these concerns. They wound up putting a long block in it. When I got the truck back It still had the rough idle and poor fuel mileage. The fuel mileage before I took it in was 5 to 6 miles per gallon in town vs the 11 that I was getting before and 12 to 13 miles per gallon vs the 17 that I was getting on the highway. When I took the truck in to the shop I open a case with Chrysler. They were very helpful. After I got the truck back with the same problems I contacted the dealership service advisor and the Chrysler case worker and told them of the problems. I told them that I was going to drive it and see by some chance that it would straighten out. I filled up with fuel the other day and was going to drive it for a few days and hand calculate the fuel mileage. I filled up this morning after driving 89.7 miles and it took 12.05 gallons of fuel. This calculates to 7.44 miles per gallon. This test was 75 percent city and 25 percent highway driving. My Chrysler case worker and I were in the process of coming up with something to compensate me for my troubles. On January 9, 2022 I sent the case worker an email to contact me because I had not heard anything for quite some time. I quickly received an email back saying that my case was closed. I have not heard anything back from the case worker after the email that I sent to them and even left a message with another case worker to have my case worker call me. I have heard nothing. Today my wife and I dropped her Ram 1500 off at the dealership service department to get the notorious broken hemi exhaust manifold stud repaired. After dropping it off we were in the problem child 2021 Ram 2500 pulling out of the dealership onto the interstate feeder road in heavy traffic when the transmission would not shift out of first gear. I pulled into another parking lot and put it in park. I then put it in drive and everything worked fine. This put us in a very dangerous situation. Ram Cares I hope you read this.

Myfast70

Reaction score
Yikes, time to get a diesel, lol. On a serious note, sorry about your terrible luck

Ian745

Reaction score
I’m finding now. The slightest vibrating type rattle coming from. Either the drivers door or somewhere around The A pillar,
Annoying. It’s only on acceleration

sstoner911

Reaction score
I’m finding now. The slightest vibrating type rattle coming from. Either the drivers door or somewhere around The A pillar,
Annoying. It’s only on acceleration
There is a TSB on the body mount bolts. Have your dealer check it out.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
My truck is a 2021 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4 with 5957 miles on it. I purchased this truck on 3/31/2021. This is actually my second one of these trucks that I bought in 2021. On 2/27/21 I purchased my first one which is identical to this truck that I have now. Six days after buying the first truck it was totaled. The second truck started giving me problems not long after I bought it. Around 3800 miles the engine started getting a rough idle and my fuel mileage started dropping along with backfiring on startup and lack of power. At 4423 miles I put the truck into the shop to address these concerns. They wound up putting a long block in it. When I got the truck back It still had the rough idle and poor fuel mileage. The fuel mileage before I took it in was 5 to 6 miles per gallon in town vs the 11 that I was getting before and 12 to 13 miles per gallon vs the 17 that I was getting on the highway. When I took the truck in to the shop I open a case with Chrysler. They were very helpful. After I got the truck back with the same problems I contacted the dealership service advisor and the Chrysler case worker and told them of the problems. I told them that I was going to drive it and see by some chance that it would straighten out. I filled up with fuel the other day and was going to drive it for a few days and hand calculate the fuel mileage. I filled up this morning after driving 89.7 miles and it took 12.05 gallons of fuel. This calculates to 7.44 miles per gallon. This test was 75 percent city and 25 percent highway driving. My Chrysler case worker and I were in the process of coming up with something to compensate me for my troubles. On January 9, 2022 I sent the case worker an email to contact me because I had not heard anything for quite some time. I quickly received an email back saying that my case was closed. I have not heard anything back from the case worker after the email that I sent to them and even left a message with another case worker to have my case worker call me. I have heard nothing. Today my wife and I dropped her Ram 1500 off at the dealership service department to get the notorious broken hemi exhaust manifold stud repaired. After dropping it off we were in the problem child 2021 Ram 2500 pulling out of the dealership onto the interstate feeder road in heavy traffic when the transmission would not shift out of first gear. I pulled into another parking lot and put it in park. I then put it in drive and everything worked fine. This put us in a very dangerous situation. Ram Cares I hope you read this.
Have you looked into lemon laws?

@RamCares any assistance?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Greetings,
We apologize for any dissatisfaction. Please follow up with us via DM to provide additional details regarding your concerns so we may determine how to best assist you.

Rob
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread