Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

longhaul

Reaction score
I’m finding now. The slightest vibrating type rattle coming from. Either the drivers door or somewhere around The A pillar,
Annoying. It’s only on acceleration
The speakers most likely. Mine also did it other times, but during acceleration it was more noticeable.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Seems like 95% of the problems with these new rigs is mostly software related. Pretty sad state of affairs if you ask me.
Pretty standard actually... they should leave computer stuff to people who know what they are doing

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Just picked my new 2500 Ram 6.4 Friday. Didn’t notice it on the test drive but I have a faint but noticable whistle in the front of the cab somehwere at speeds roughly over 65mph. I saw on the 1500 forums that one guy had a similar issue and it was related to a part of the AC vents or similar and another it was a missing screw in or around the firewall. I really don’t want to take a truck with less than 500 miles to the shop and tear it apart.

Twice yesterday while running the AC the fan sounded like it was revving up on it‘s own as if the duct / supply was being restricted…..if that makes sense. I then changed the fan speed up or down and it immediately went away. I think it’s related to that as the sound went away and then returned.

You can’t hear with with music playing but definitely do between songs, quieter songs, and while on the phone.

I also noticed when my windows are down, as noted earlier in this thread, that the mirrors put off a similar whistle. The wind noise/whistle sound I’m talking about comes from a different area though.

Just need to keep driving it and have my wife try to pinpoint it I guess.

Any thoughts?

Milly

Reaction score
Just picked up a new 2023 Ram 2500 bighorn 6.4 3.73 last week and just a couple things to note:

1. Steering wheel is crooked to the right when driving straight.

2. When I let go of the steering wheel it immediately pulls to the right

3. Instrument panel does not dim and the little dial doesn’t change anything. (Blinding at night, hoping it’s simple and I’m doing it wrong)

4. This one stumps the hell outta me but here it is…. If I am parked and go on Amazon app on my iPhone once I enter my Amazon cart it shuts the music off and the AC off. Once I close the app they both return. (I kid you not this is the weirdest thing and tested several times with the same results)

Goes in tomorrow for line x and then Friday to the dealer to adjust alignment. They already had it once a few days after I got it but said that their alignment rack did not have the 2023 update yet but was able to tell it was out of alignment. Something about the toe angle.

Other than that it now has 488 miles and I love it. Not sure I will ever go back to a 1500 again. It’s a completely different beast and this is now my 6th ram in a row and have never had any issues with any of them.

IMG_4286.jpeg

jerad

Reaction score
Just picked up a new 2023 Ram 2500 bighorn 6.4 3.73 last week and just a couple things to note:

4. This one stumps the hell outta me but here it is…. If I am parked and go on Amazon app on my iPhone once I enter my Amazon cart it shuts the music off and the AC off. Once I close the app they both return. (I kid you not this is the weirdest thing and tested several times with the same results)

I have a 23 Bighorn w/the 12" infotainment system.

My Android Auto gets goofy with Amazon music too! of course I've also been having issues with Amazon music which they (amazon) can't figure out. I just keep complaining and getting the service free. But my phone will just disconnect and reconnect to the Android Auto randomly. It does help if it plug my phone into the USB but I'd rather use the bluetooth. My phone is only a few months old (Galaxy S23+) with the latest updates and I have no issues with any other bluetooth devices.

Android Auto also gets confused when my wife and I are both in the truck, it likes to connect to her phone over mine even though mine is selected and the primary. I ended up removing her phone all together for now. I'm hoping there is another update to the Uconnect in the near future but I'm not holding my breath.

Only other complaint that I have is the squeak/squeal sound when its first started. I've looked around and see this is a common noise with these 2500s w/Hemi and folks have been told is "Normal" operation. From what I gather it has to do with the exhaust where it goes from two into one. I plan to ask about it when I go in for my first service.

Other than that, I really love the truck. The 8 speed is a little different to get used to compared to the 5spd on my old 1500 but thats a good thing.

No regrets at this point, still very happy with the truck. Just don't think about how much it cost... lol

Tater86

Reaction score
Yup, my 2023 6.4 Laramie idles harder than the diesel. I have taken it to four dealers and they all say its normal, but testing driving others on the lots, it is far from normal. So my simple solution.....Trading it in and getting another truck from another brand, ugh.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yup, my 2023 6.4 Laramie idles harder than the diesel. I have taken it to four dealers and they all say its normal, but testing driving others on the lots, it is far from normal. So my simple solution.....Trading it in and getting another truck from another brand, ugh.
Or just drive it atleast till warranty is up…

Tater86

Reaction score
Or just drive it atleast till warranty is up…
I would if this idle wasn’t driving me insane. Although, I do have automatic built in vibrating seats, haha. Anyone that rides with complains about it as soon as they sit in it anytime the vehicle isn’t moving. Even shifting into neutral and park doesn’t stop it.

Milly

Reaction score

1. Steering wheel is crooked to the right when driving straight.

2. When I let go of the steering wheel it immediately pulls to the right

3. Instrument panel does not dim and the little dial doesn’t change anything. (Blinding at night, hoping it’s simple and I’m doing it wrong)

Goes in tomorrow for line x and then Friday to the dealer to adjust alignment. They already had it once a few days after I got it but said that their alignment rack did not have the 2023 update yet but was able to tell it was out of alignment. Something about the toe angle.

Other than that it now has 488 miles and I love it. Not sure I will ever go back to a 1500 again. It’s a completely different beast and this is now my 6th ram in a row and have never had any issues with any of them.
Just heard back from my dealer and they said that they are waiting for an update from Stellantis and for the radio and ac cutting out while using certain apps.

Alignment has been corrected, wheel well liners installed, line x done, splash guards arrived.

Attachments

• IMG_4325.jpeg
    IMG_4325.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 18

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Pretty happy with my 22, 5500 so far. Last winter I had about a 2.5 month def nightmare which cost me a small fortune business wise with only 7000km on the truck. So i am hoping the dealerships "fix" will come through next winter. But at the end of the day doesn't matter what diesel you buy nowadays def issues will always be present. Ram care did squat to help me though! so don't count on them. Dealership came through finally on the 5th try.

So far no real issues at all, i do notice that for some reason my Uconnect will re-set itself intermittently and ill lose all my Sirius favorites, and background themes etc. First world problems.

Still super happy with the purchase and would recommend in a heart beat, i still think ram has the competition beat hands down. I will say though, i am glad i bought when i did. Pricing is becoming almost laughable at this point for what your getting. These trucks are no where near worth 100k+

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4557.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4557.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 27
  • thumbnail_IMG_4558.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4558.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 27

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Pretty happy with my 22, 5500 so far. Last winter I had about a 2.5 month def nightmare which cost me a small fortune business wise with only 7000km on the truck. So i am hoping the dealerships "fix" will come through next winter. But at the end of the day doesn't matter what diesel you buy nowadays def issues will always be present. Ram care did squat to help me though! so don't count on them. Dealership came through finally on the 5th try.

So far no real issues at all, i do notice that for some reason my Uconnect will re-set itself intermittently and ill lose all my Sirius favorites, and background themes etc. First world problems.

Still super happy with the purchase and would recommend in a heart beat, i still think ram has the competition beat hands down. I will say though, i am glad i bought when i did. Pricing is becoming almost laughable at this point for what your getting. These trucks are no where near worth 100k+
Nice reels and deck!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thankyou sir! Currently building a similar one from aluminium to replace this steel one. Maybe gain back 1 mpg lol. And iam tired of paint chips turning to rust!
Should swap the miller for a lincoln pipeliner while you are at it :D… i know the feeling i have a ford shop truck that i am building an aluminum bed for one of these days as the steel one is getting pretty ugly even line-x’ed it still has tons of paint chips and rust spots!

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Thankyou sir! Currently building a similar one from aluminium to replace this steel one. Maybe gain back 1 mpg lol. And iam tired of paint chips turning to rust!
Ah a least aluminum is cheap :rolleyes:. It will be nice and winter proof when done. Ain’t nothing wrong with blue, unless it’s balls. But hey what ever tickles them other guys stingers.:)

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Ah a least aluminum is cheap :rolleyes:. It will be nice and winter proof when done. Ain’t nothing wrong with blue, unless it’s balls. But hey what ever tickles them other guys stingers.:)
Honestly as of the last couple years and how much steel jumped in price ~130% aluminum is not much more cost wise

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I kunow when they squish aluminum into a stock or horse trailer it becomes priceless. Price of a trailer has dam near doubled in the last ten years.:mad:

Milly

Reaction score
Just heard back from my dealer and they said that they are waiting for an update from Stellantis and for the radio and ac cutting out while using certain apps.

Alignment has been corrected, wheel well liners installed, line x done, splash guards arrived.
Picked it up from the dealer. Here is what my alignment was. This is with 506 miles on the truck. I don’t know how to read it but I’m assuming green is good now.

Attachments

• IMG_4333.jpeg
    IMG_4333.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4335.jpeg
    IMG_4335.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread