Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

annoying jerking issue **update**

mustangguy289

Reaction score
No, I shared as much as we are able too. Your dealer can search it by the number at the top.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
Kaitlin,

My dealership said they would be glad to do the TSB if I had an FCA case number. Could I call you or something to get a case opened? The truck is getting worse and the only thing they did last time was clear the code.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Kaitlin,

My dealership said they would be glad to do the TSB if I had an FCA case number. Could I call you or something to get a case opened? The truck is getting worse and the only thing they did last time was clear the code.

Why do they need a case opened with FCA? You can send me a PM with your VIN and I can open one.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

NWWIRAM

Reaction score
This thread has been an interesting read for me as my truck has had a history of surging on occasion. It usually happens when I am just idling along below 50 mph. Feels like it is lacking fuel so I just kick it down a little and it goes away. I don't believe it has ever happened under load. My truck is a 2012 3500 4x4 with the 6.7L HO, 68RFE and 3.73 gears. I bought it new, no mods at all done on it and only 33000 miles. I need a dependable truck to pull a 16000 lb. RV and I have been looking to order a new truck soon. With all the problems I am reading about on the new trucks, I think I would be better off keeping my 2012. At least it has never been in a shop for any problems except for a couple small recalls. Thank you to all for your comments and information!

Vetteguy00

Reaction score
Hey Guys I am New to this Forum as I am also new to owning. A 2020 Ram 2500 Limited Cummins black Night edition and I am as well experiencing the fluttering while driving ugh. The flutter/Surging seems to be happening between 40/51mph my truck only has 2800 miles on it and I’m extremely disappointed with this! Because of the money I spent to buy my dream truck and not only this is happening but my lovely 12” display radio is constantly freezing up this started with only 500mi. On it and I have talked to the dealer and they say they can’t help unless they see the issue first hand. Well with my luck you shut the truck off then turn it back on and it’s ok ‍♂️......Is there any fix to the fluttering and the radio freeze up? How do I contact Ram to file a complaint? Any help would greatly be appreciated guys. Thank you

NWWIRAM

Reaction score
Hey Guys I am New to this Forum as I am also new to owning. A 2020 Ram 2500 Limited Cummins black Night edition and I am as well experiencing the fluttering while driving ugh. The flutter/Surging seems to be happening between 40/51mph my truck only has 2800 miles on it and I’m extremely disappointed with this! Because of the money I spent to buy my dream truck and not only this is happening but my lovely 12” display radio is constantly freezing up this started with only 500mi. On it and I have talked to the dealer and they say they can’t help unless they see the issue first hand. Well with my luck you shut the truck off then turn it back on and it’s ok ‍......Is there any fix to the fluttering and the radio freeze up? How do I contact Ram to file a complaint? Any help would greatly be appreciated guys. Thank you

Welcome Vetteguy00. I am a new guy also. My problem may not be entirely related, but the display on my Chrysler Pacifica would go blank and disable all functions. The radio volume would increase and there was nothing you could do until the car was shut off and restarted. A few times the display was blank on start up and you would have to try it over again. I was lucky to have a dealer who worked with me on the problem as they said they performed an update two or three times and then the last time I took it in they replaced the whole radio assembly. I haven’t had a problem since. I wish you luck with your dealer and your radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vetteguy00

Reaction score
Welcome Vetteguy00. I am a new guy also. My problem may not be entirely related, but the display on my Chrysler Pacifica would go blank and disable all functions. The radio volume would increase and there was nothing you could do until the car was shut off and restarted. A few times the display was blank on start up and you would have to try it over again. I was lucky to have a dealer who worked with me on the problem as they said they performed an update two or three times and then the last time I took it in they replaced the whole radio assembly. I haven’t had a problem since. I wish you luck with your dealer and your radio.

Thank you for the reply and information that is extremely helpful. Did you have to wait when this occurred before they would address it? Your symptoms are exactly what mine is doing. I have gone into the dealership and talked to them but they say unless it’s doing it there isn’t anything they can do. I actually video it today doing it because I’m so frustrated.

NWWIRAM

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply and information that is extremely helpful. Did you have to wait when this occurred before they would address it? Your symptoms are exactly what mine is doing. I have gone into the dealership and talked to them but they say unless it’s doing it there isn’t anything they can do. I actually video it today doing it because I’m so frustrated.

Yes it is frustrating. We were always in a situation where getting a video was difficult. Didn’t want to create a hazard on the road. They did say a video would help them, but we never got that far with it. We were very lucky to have a dealer who took us for our word. Our dealer is in northwest Wisconsin. Maybe Cheeseheads are eager to please. Lol

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it is frustrating. We were always in a situation where getting a video was difficult. Didn’t want to create a hazard on the road. They did say a video would help them, but we never got that far with it. We were very lucky to have a dealer who took us for our word. Our dealer is in northwest Wisconsin. Maybe Cheeseheads are eager to please. Lol

Or too dumb to know better. :D

(this is coming from a [technically not born there Army brat] but raised from 6 months old and certified multi generational Cheesehead) I grew up .8 Mile from Lambeau Field FKA City Stadium.

mustangguy289

Reaction score
The put on a new EGR valve stating that was my issue... Sure enough a few hundred miles later the check engine light is back on with P0402. Really frustrated every since they did that stupid recall. DO NOT GET THE RECALL if you haven't already.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
The put on a new EGR valve stating that was my issue... Sure enough a few hundred miles later the check engine light is back on with P0402. Really frustrated every since they did that stupid recall. DO NOT GET THE RECALL if you haven't already.

Are you planning on going back into that dealer or another one? Let us know if we can help with anything.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

flyfishingsteve

Reaction score
This still an issue with folks? I am having this problem on a 2020 with 6,000 miles happened while towing 12,000 really bad. P0402 code. I was out of town. the dealer wanted to install new EGR valve, but it was 10 days to get the part. I wasn't in town that long. Made it home, with issue happening a lot and some time severe . Local dealer wouldn't do anything because the code was cleared. told me to come back when check engine light is on. but I just drove 600 miles with this issue and no light came on, Idiot!!!! I'm afraid to tow, fearing I am going to be stranded in the middle of no where!

RJenkins1581

Reaction score
So I had my DOC "face plug and crack" at 36,750 miles. When i got the truck back after a week of them messing with it I also had the same problem. It would happen in 6th gear, lock up and between 13 and 15psi of boost. Cruising speed! So after looking at it i started looking over the truck and EGR. I I found that i had a leak at the EGR to intake horn. Found soot building up. I replaced the thermal gaskets with OE ones from cummins, cleaned it all up and ran it. Havent had an issue since. I figured that at the speed and RPM the ERG was opening, then would cause leak, then the surge. But if i floored it then the boost would come up, EGR would close and the issue went away. Its worth looking at.

Jeremy43084

Reaction score
yup. I don't notice it so much here in central texas, but it's painfully obvious when at altitude during my trip to the rockies. it really surges pretty bad. my buddy's '19 limited does the same thing. pulling a trailer up there amplifies it as well.
yup. I don't notice it so much here in central texas, but it's painfully obvious when at altitude during my trip to the rockies. it really surges pretty bad. my buddy's '19 limited does the same thing. pulling a trailer up there amplifies it as well.
There is a fix for that surging problem my 2019 3500 done same thing after the vb6 recall took them a year to figure out how to but they finally fixed it I have the paper at house I will share it on here when I get home I do know it has to do with the timing on the injector pump

flyfishingsteve

Reaction score
There is a fix for that surging problem my 2019 3500 done same thing after the vb6 recall took them a year to figure out how to but they finally fixed it I have the paper at house I will share it on here when I get home I do know it has to do with the timing on the injector pump
can't wait to see it!

KTM Rider 153

Reaction score
I can't wait to see it!

Poison Fraction

Reaction score
I can't wait to see it!
Can you send this out? Was it the 18-059-20 TSB? I have a 2019 2500 with all sorts of weird idle issues.

Users who are viewing this thread