Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always on Camera Solution - NAViKS

20Limited3500

Reaction score
Mine finally arrived today. It'll be a little bit before I can get it put in. Thank you again @RBarrett for all your work with NAVIKS on this.

Last edited:

Mykwong

Reaction score
Has anybody seen a solution for wireless trailer cameras that have a receiver that can connect to the two Navik Aux RCA cables?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anybody seen a solution for wireless trailer cameras that have a receiver that can connect to the two Navik Aux RCA cables?

There's a few out there.

The Voyager commercial system is probably the best, but pricey.

Here's a camera and receiver setup that's priced well. My issue with wireless is the limited field of view. http://www.rvcams.com/p/141/WVRX130AP.html

That said, the Brandmotion wired camera that's been recommended lies about their FOV. They claim 90* vertical FOV, but it's only 70*. Big disappointment.

Voyager also makes a standalone transmitter/receiver you can adapt your own camera but I don't have the part numbers handy ATM.

Mykwong

Reaction score
There's a few out there.

The Voyager commercial system is probably the best, but pricey.

Here's a camera and receiver setup that's priced well. My issue with wireless is the limited field of view. http://www.rvcams.com/p/141/WVRX130AP.html

That said, the Brandmotion wired camera that's been recommended lies about their FOV. They claim 90* vertical FOV, but it's only 70*. Big disappointment.

Voyager also makes a standalone transmitter/receiver you can adapt your own camera but I don't have the part numbers handy ATM.
Thanks Brutal_HO I'll take a look!

Steverin06

Reaction score
Has anyone installed this yet that has tips/gotchas? I don't see in the instructions where it mentions turning off the auto side cameras with the turn signals.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this yet that has tips/gotchas? I don't see in the instructions where it mentions turning off the auto side cameras with the turn signals.

There's a sticky in this same sub-forum.

RossT

Reaction score
Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@Brutal_HO that WVRX130AP that you linked won't work, it uses the CEC camera inputs. I ordered the NAVIKS with a plan in mind, now switching to RV backup camera rabbit hole... LOL

EDIT: Scratch that... LOL

if you combine the WVRX130AP with 31300006, that might work.

Yea, I didn't add the info because the adapter was just below it on the page. :)

Best thing to do is contact Tim at RVCams and figure out what you need.

1613757811403.png

Ray Payne

Reaction score
I tend to read more than participate, but I just had to thank RBarrett for all the work on this. Sadly I missed the group buy, but I'm going to put in my order for this, along with the Voyager wireless camera for the upcoming camping season. Your work on making this work for the 2020 3500 is very much appreciated.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I tend to read more than participate, but I just had to thank RBarrett for all the work on this. Sadly I missed the group buy, but I'm going to put in my order for this, along with the Voyager wireless camera for the upcoming camping season. Your work on making this work for the 2020 3500 is very much appreciated.

Last I looked, there was both a standalone transmitter and receiver for sale cheap on fleabay. Add your favorite camera. Or just get the Wireless cam and receiver...

Ray Payne

Reaction score
Last I looked, there was both a standalone transmitter and receiver for sale cheap on fleabay. Add your favorite camera. Or just get the Wireless cam and receiver...
I'd actually prefer wired if I could, but from what I've seen nobody has something at a reasonable price to plug into the RAM camera connection as yet. The trailer is 44', plus distance (though the truck cab) to the receiver makes it hard to choose most wireless models I've come across at lower prices so far.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd actually prefer wired if I could, but from what I've seen nobody has something at a reasonable price to plug into the RAM camera connection as yet. The trailer is 44', plus distance (though the truck cab) to the receiver makes it hard to choose most wireless models I've come across at lower prices so far.

If you have the 12-pin camera prep and want to go 3rd party wired, the best option is probably contact Nichols and see if he can build o lead harness with the Ford cable and an adapter to your wiring of choice (4 or 5-pin) or other. I'm adapting the Ford cable to a 4-pin wired cable setup so the camera side will be pretty standardized. The guy at RVCAMS can probably help you with that and has a nicer wired camera with a better view angle.

If you're just plugging into the RCA input on the NAViKS, there's endless DIY options.

Ray Payne

Reaction score
If you have the 12-pin camera prep and want to go 3rd party wired, the best option is probably contact Nichols and see if he can build o lead harness with the Ford cable and an adapter to your wiring of choice (4 or 5-pin) or other. I'm adapting the Ford cable to a 4-pin wired cable setup so the camera side will be pretty standardized. The guy at RVCAMS can probably help you with that and has a nicer wired camera with a better view angle.

If you're just plugging into the RCA input on the NAViKS, there's endless DIY options.
Thank you. I could not find pin-out info anywhere, so I'll reach out to Nichols and see if I can get the cables to plug into the wired factory camera receptacle and the Voyager wired camera system. That seemingly simple bit of info just pieced together hours of searching without as much success as I would've hoped for.

20Limited3500

Reaction score
I finally got this installed my truck yesterday. Even though it warns the cameras will take a little time to come back online after disconnecting the batteries, that was a little worrisome at first. But all is good now. Tested out the camera function while driving this morning on my way to work. Worked as advertised so far. Can't wait to have the camper on and Jeep behind me now. Jeep will be on trailer instead of flat towing from now on. Finally got myself a trailer for it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine still randomly enables the turn signal cameras which I don't like.

I really need to call NAViKS about this issue...

Users who are viewing this thread