Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Whatever AlfaOBD initially connects to as MY BCM, it will always stay that way throughout the connection. When you go into advanced mode to choose a BCM from the list, you aren’t actually “switching connections”, but rather just switching the BCM settings list that you see in active diagnostics. I’m not sure how the software actually detects what BCM it connects as between the two versions. I’m going to be emailing him a bunch of requests (mainly, to just put every setting from all vehicles into all BCM powernet settings lists), and I’ll ask him about how that works. It’s getting frustrating with everyone trying to enable features that some can see, and some can’t.

Thanks,

I did email him regarding the issue along with my BCM ECM part number.

I did disconnect/shutdown AlphaOBD and start it up again with the same result. I haven't tried looking any deeper or uninstall/install the software.

I was trying to revisit enabling the front camera radio button/gridlines again and ran into this. Still waiting for the radio to update.

regal2800

Reaction score
Is there a way to prolong the period of time the front camera stays enabled? I also noticed there was an off road page in alphaobd. My jeep JT has an off road page, i wonder if enabling it would show the same screen on my ram?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Whatever AlfaOBD initially connects to as MY BCM, it will always stay that way throughout the connection. When you go into advanced mode to choose a BCM from the list, you aren’t actually “switching connections”, but rather just switching the BCM settings list that you see in active diagnostics. I’m not sure how the software actually detects what BCM it connects as between the two versions. I’m going to be emailing him a bunch of requests (mainly, to just put every setting from all vehicles into all BCM powernet settings lists), and I’ll ask him about how that works. It’s getting frustrating with everyone trying to enable features that some can see, and some can’t.

Alexey sent me a fix but it still does the same thing. The options are there if I chose MY2020 after connect, but it's still detecting MY2016-17.

I also still cannot get that damn forward facing camera stuff to work. The guidelines option shows up in settings, the forward camera button shows up on controls, but they do nothing and the overhead stitched camera image is black. I can toggle it off/on and the overhead comes/goes almost immediately.

No amount of disabling/enabling different camera options seems to make any difference. Frustrating to say the least since @jsalbre was able to turn his on in virtually the same truck.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Alexey sent me a fix but it still does the same thing. The options are there if I chose MY2020 after connect, but it's still detecting MY2016-17.

I also still cannot get that damn forward facing camera stuff to work. The guidelines option shows up in settings, the forward camera button shows up on controls, but they do nothing and the overhead stitched camera image is black. I can toggle it off/on and the overhead comes/goes almost immediately.

No amount of disabling/enabling different camera options seems to make any difference. Frustrating to say the least since @jsalbre was able to turn his on in virtually the same truck.
Definitely odd...on both accounts.
I did a write up on adding the integrated trail camera system for the Jeep Gladiator, which is very similar to the surround view system and power wagon settings, in that it also uses a CVPM, and the trail gridlines. One thing I noticed when working with the JT owner is, none of it worked until VehConfig 2 Off Road Capable was set to yes. I’d really like to see a power wagon with surround view BCM configuration, if anyone knows someone to reach out to that has AlfaOBD and power wagon.

dave41079

Reaction score
Definitely odd...on both accounts.
I did a write up on adding the integrated trail camera system for the Jeep Gladiator, which is very similar to the surround view system and power wagon settings, in that it also uses a CVPM, and the trail gridlines. One thing I noticed when working with the JT owner is, none of it worked until VehConfig 2 Off Road Capable was set to yes. I’d really like to see a power wagon with surround view BCM configuration, if anyone knows someone to reach out to that has AlfaOBD and power wagon.
I have the Android version of AlfaOBD, an MX+, and a '21 PW with surround view and Off Road Pages. If you can tell me step by step how to get the info you need, I'll do my best to help you out. All I've done with it so far is change tire size, TPMS settings, and eliminate fog light drop out.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I have the Android version of AlfaOBD, an MX+, and a '21 PW with surround view and Off Road Pages. If you can tell me step by step how to get the info you need, I'll do my best to help you out. All I've done with it so far is change tire size, TPMS settings, and eliminate fog light drop out.
Ok- first you need a free google drive account. Connect to your body computer like normal. Select the battery icon in the lower right. Click read system ID, and let the list fully populate. Click the tools icon up top. Select upload to google drive. Sign in when prompted (you’ll need an internet connection from here on out). Select faults and status logs. Select body_chrysler info. It will upload to google drive. Open google drive, and select the options for that file. Select share. Select “who has access”. Select viewer (anyone with link can view). Copy the link, and paste it here, or PM me. If you are concerned about your VIN, go into the file and erase the last 8 digits. Thanks.

dave41079

Reaction score
Ok- first you need a free google drive account. Connect to your body computer like normal. Select the battery icon in the lower right. Click read system ID, and let the list fully populate. Click the tools icon up top. Select upload to google drive. Sign in when prompted (you’ll need an internet connection from here on out). Select faults and status logs. Select body_chrysler info. It will upload to google drive. Open google drive, and select the options for that file. Select share. Select “who has access”. Select viewer (anyone with link can view). Copy the link, and paste it here, or PM me. If you are concerned about your VIN, go into the file and erase the last 8 digits. Thanks.
PMed you with the link.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
The Android app from google play store, or windows download from AlfaOBD.com. (Windows version strongly recommended)
A Bluetooth interface such as OBD link MX+ (preferred) available at Amazon
And a bypass harness to bypass the security gateway module so changes can be made- https://www.kaodtech.com/product-page/security-module-bypass
I have a couple bypass harnesses laying around also, so PM me if you need one.
OBDLink LX is cheaper than the MX+ if you don't need iOS support (AlfaOBD is Windows/Android only) or use on Ford or GM (MX+ comes with a choice).

I added both of these comments to the first post so that info is easily found.

Viper67

Reaction score
Has anyone made a video for someone brand new to alpha Obd to show what exactly we need to do? I searched and I don’t see anything similar to what the application on windows looks like. I have a 2021 6.7. Or if someone has a link I’d appreciate it if you would post it. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dave41079

Reaction score
Has nooner made a video for someone brand new to alpha Obd to show what exactly we need to do? I searched and I don’t see anything similar to what the a-location on windows looks like. I have a 2021 6.7. Or if someone has a link I’d appreciate it if y9u would post it. Thanks

I have to laugh that your iPad autocorrected "anyone" or "no one" into "nooner" for you.

I also can't help you, I've been using the Android version.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone made a video for someone brand new to alpha Obd to show what exactly we need to do? I searched and I don’t see anything similar to what the application on windows looks like. I have a 2021 6.7. Or if someone has a link I’d appreciate it if you would post it. Thanks

This guy has a few half decent vids. He occasionally makes a stumble but eventually gets it right.

TXsportDiver

Reaction score
It looks like the Android version is updated to allow connections to the MY2020Net (sic).
I installed the latest version of AlfaOBD (2.1.9.7) from Google Play on Saturday, 01/23/2021. For the first time, I was able to connect to MY2020Net (sic) and was able to make some changes (Enable Aux Camera and display Gear in Cluster).

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
Andriod update helps, good job jimmy07 working to get this done! Playing with it now but the big one for me is fixed

-Signature lighting: "signature lighting present": NO, and they turn off (very important!)
- still cant get gridlines on forward camera(not important)
-got current gear to display finally
And GO BILLS!!!

Last edited:

Lombana

Reaction score
GO Bills? OK won't hold that against you only because the sister I never knew I had until 2 years ago is a Bills fan ... I digressed ... so what was or where was the final menu option for Current Gear? I know that someone posted it somewhere in these 9 pages but if you have it handy would be nice :)

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
GO Bills? OK won't hold that against you only because the sister I never knew I had until 2 years ago is a Bills fan ... I digressed ... so what was or where was the final menu option for Current Gear? I know that someone posted it somewhere in these 9 pages but if you have it handy would be nice :)
Trying to remember,
Actual gear display, YES, then scroll thru evic display and select it

GO BILLS

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

It's linked in a sticky to here:

The trail is a bit confusing because the sticky is in the modifications subforum and the post is in the interior subforum. Perhaps if the thread was moved, it might make it easier to find.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
If someone that has forward collision warning wants to give this a try, these should be the settings to get pedestrian emergency braking working.
VehConfig 8: Pedestrian Emergency Brake Present- YES
CustSetMenu 3: Pedestrian Emergency Brake CSM Present- YES

heyguy

Reaction score
If someone that has forward collision warning wants to give this a try, these should be the settings to get pedestrian emergency braking working.
VehConfig 8: Pedestrian Emergency Brake Present- YES
CustSetMenu 3: Pedestrian Emergency Brake CSM Present- YES
Might also work for deer too?

Users who are viewing this thread