Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

renagade69

Reaction score
Try this:
Connect to the instrument cluster > MY2013+ powernet > active diagnostics (car with hood open) > program customer features > fleet pin reset
Thanks . I will try it Monday when I get back in town.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
No, but you can just use the standard manual method- key in run with seatbelt buckled, unbuckle/buckle three times.

I thought it was also in the BCM as a setting? I seem to recall it toggled to disabled when I did the manual seatbelt method.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I thought it was also in the BCM as a setting? I seem to recall it toggled to disabled when I did the manual seatbelt method.
It’s a setting while connected to the instrument cluster. On the 2019+ trucks it comes back parameters out of range when trying to disable it.

dragon_ram

Reaction score
Not sure that can be turned off. I just use a seat belt extender and plug that in to stop the chime when I'm off road bouncing around and get tired of the seat belt tightening up, so I take it off.
@iflyskyhigh

RAM has had a way to disable that chime for years without a dealer visit or AlpgaOBD. Get in, close the door. Put seat belt on. Put truck to RUN without starting. Disconnect seat belt, reconnect, disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, reconnect (within 30” I think) then turn truck off. If done right there will be a single chime when you turn it off.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Do you have to do that every time you before you start the truck?

If so, lot easier to just buy the seat belt extender and plug it in and leave it.

BraveSamWise

Reaction score
Can the honks when exiting with fob while the truck is running be disabled with alphaOBD or some other method. havent had the truck for 12 hours and already irritated by the honking……

snayte

Reaction score
Can the honks when exiting with fob while the truck is running be disabled with alphaOBD or some other method. havent had the truck for 12 hours and already irritated by the honking……
Does not look like it. There is a thread about there here:

BraveSamWise

Reaction score
Does not look like it. There is a thread about there here:

Thanks for the link. Kinda really bums me out.

renagade69

Reaction score
Connect to the instrument cluster > MY2013+ powernet > active diagnostics (car with hood open) > program customer features > fleet pin reset
Jimmy,

I only have 2 options there. Seatbelt alert system and Lifetime engine hours. I don't see fleet pin reset
2021 Ram 2500 Limited Diesel

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Jimmy,

I only have 2 options there. Seatbelt alert system and Lifetime engine hours. I don't see fleet pin reset
2021 Ram 2500 Limited Diesel
You got windows or Android version?

renagade69

Reaction score
Go into the settings up top, then check the box that says do not verify ECU. Then connect to MY2013+ powernet instrument cluster. It should show up then.
I can see fleet options now. When I try to reset to 0000 it says "Conditions can not be verified, procedure terminated."
What am I doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread