Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

BraveSamWise

Reaction score
Is there a way to use a Mac or iPhone to use the alphaOBD stuff? I saw it’s android/windows. But I dont have anything running either of those in my house.….

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Nope. Some folks buy a cheap tablet from Amazon or eBay.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Can Jscan do everything Alpha can? I’m a Mac guy and hate to buy another device
Close, but not everything. It doesn’t have all the settings to do more complicated things like surround view or adaptive headlights, but all the popular ones are there. The developer has been adding more things for Rams recently, as his initial focus was the wranglers and gladiators.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I’m just looking to do basic stuff like turn off annoying dings and possibly change fuel tank size, etc. I’m hoping Jscan can do this.

I also in a video where they recommended making a back up of your OEM programing and your new programing to make restoration easier. Reference Alpha OBD do you need the windows version to do that, or can you do it on an Android device?

Last edited:

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I’m just looking to do basic stuff like turn off annoying dings and possibly change fuel tank size, etc. I’m hoping Jscan can do this.

I also in a video where they recommended making a back up of your OEM programing and your new programing to make restoration easier. Reference Alpha OBD do you need the windows version to do that, or can you do it on an Android device?
You can back up your settings in both versions of AlfaOBD

Remy

Reaction score
Is there a way to use a Mac or iPhone to use the alphaOBD stuff? I saw it’s android/windows. But I dont have anything running either of those in my house.….
I used my MacBook for alfaOBD.. there is a video on YouTube how to run windows on ur MacBook it was really easy to do

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score

Viper67

Reaction score
Does anyone have a video on installing the TTPMS modules on a 2019+ ram truck? I used alphaoBD to make the changes but installing the two modules is what I need help with. I have the one in the back completed, by the spare tire. However the one above the headliner, passenger rear side, is causing me issue as I don’t want to break any of the plastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phil T

Reaction score
Refer to the thread TTPMS. Full instructions and links to documents are there. It is a long thread. Start from the top.

renagade69

Reaction score
Is there a way to reset the commercial pin with Alphaobd? I tried the search function and yeilded 0 results but remain optimistic.New truck and I never used it and can not get in with 0000.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Is there a way to reset the commercial pin with Alphaobd? I tried the search function and yeilded 0 results but remain optimistic.New truck and I never used it and can not get in with 0000.
Try this:
Connect to the instrument cluster > MY2013+ powernet > active diagnostics (car with hood open) > program customer features > fleet pin reset

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Not sure that can be turned off. I just use a seat belt extender and plug that in to stop the chime when I'm off road bouncing around and get tired of the seat belt tightening up, so I take it off.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
No, but you can just use the standard manual method- key in run with seatbelt buckled, unbuckle/buckle three times.

Thank! Saving that. Didn’t know about it.

Sorry, key just to run but not started? How do you do that with keyless ignition?

Users who are viewing this thread