Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aisin Transmission Concerns

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I'll be adding mine to the list. 2022 with an Oct. build date 8954 miles. 1100 miles away from home. This sucks.
That’s a shame, just as the recall is finally being released too. I’m sorry to hear that.

I’ll get you on the spreadsheet. When you’re able to get yourself situated, I would appreciate it if you can get me the full information list for the spreadsheet. Here is the stuff I need:

1. Date you ordered them truck (if applicable)

2. Date of manufacture (See sticker on driver door for "date of manufacture (Build date))

3. Date you purchased the truck

4. Mileage on odometer at the time of failure

5. Serial Number of failed transmission (see blue stamped metal tag on side of the transmission. It will be something like "2H-2345"

6. Serial Number of replacement transmission (if applicable)

7. Were you towing at the time of failure?

8. Did 1st through 4th gear work?

9. Did reverse work?

10. What date did the transmission fail?

11. When was the truck returned to you after repair?

12. Did your dealer replace the transmission with a new unit or was the failed transmission repaired with parts?

mike186

Reaction score
We got the truck back today. I dropped it off Tuesday at 9am and had it back today at 4:30. What an awesome dealer! They were booked out until mid October but got us in right away because we were stranded 1100 miles from home! They had the parts in stock. We'll be back on the road tomorrow to Glacier National Park. Hope it holds up as we have another 3500 miles to go in our trip. I wish they would have offered the chance to get it fixed before it broke. I definitely would have gone that route!

Added info below for the spead sheet.

That’s a shame, just as the recall is finally being released too. I’m sorry to hear that.

I’ll get you on the spreadsheet. When you’re able to get yourself situated, I would appreciate it if you can get me the full information list for the spreadsheet. Here is the stuff I need:

1. Date you ordered them truck (if applicable) N/A

2. Date of manufacture (See sticker on driver door for "date of manufacture (Build date)) 10/22

3. Date you purchased the truck 1/29/23

4. Mileage on odometer at the time of failure 8954

5. Serial Number of failed transmission (see blue stamped metal tag on side of the transmission. It will be something like "2H-2345" Will get tomorrow

6. Serial Number of replacement transmission (if applicable)

7. Were you towing at the time of failure? Had truck camper in bed 3500lbs

8. Did 1st through 4th gear work? No

9. Did reverse work? Yes

10. What date did the transmission fail? 9/11/23

11. When was the truck returned to you after repair? 9/14/23

12. Did your dealer replace the transmission with a new unit or was the failed transmission repaired with parts? Repired with parts.

mike186

Reaction score
One more thing. It's been 4 days and still have not heard back from RamCare! Left 3 messages with the case manager and no call backs,

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
We got the truck back today. I dropped it off Tuesday at 9am and had it back today at 4:30. What an awesome dealer! They were booked out until mid October but got us in right away because we were stranded 1100 miles from home! They had the parts in stock. We'll be back on the road tomorrow to Glacier National Park. Hope it holds up as we have another 3500 miles to go in our trip. I wish they would have offered the chance to get it fixed before it broke. I definitely would have gone that route!

That is Excellent service and an awesome turn around time! Glad to hear it!

I appreciate the update!

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
One more thing. It's been 4 days and still have not heard back from RamCare! Left 3 messages with the case manager and no call backs,
You mean their customer “care” center, which is located on foreign soil and staffed by foreigners who do not “care” didn’t call you back?

Shocking!

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

Is your truck part of the 71A CSN?

mike186

Reaction score
Is your truck part of the 71A CSN?

No, it wasn't. Just got back from our trip. Put on almost another 5000 miles after the repair. Had the truck camper on and lots of mountain driving. Seems fine. Did shift a little funky at first but seems to be smoothing out.

RiverRunner

Reaction score
Do you guys have any reports of MY24 trucks losing their transmission? I really feel for you folks' horror stories about getting stranded far from home with no support from RAM. Just not right.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any reports of MY24 trucks losing their transmission? I really feel for you folks' horror stories about getting stranded far from home with no support from RAM. Just not right.
I have received no reports of any 2024 model year Aisin trucks experiencing a K1 failure.

Michael12175

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. I have been dealing with a Aisin transmission failure in my 2022 Ram 3500 at about 15,000 miles. It went out on me February of 2023 and it is still at the dealership with no end in sight. It took Ram forever to approve/decide what they wanted to do. Finally they decided to tear down and fix as opposed to putting in a new transmission. Once the local dealership and the engineers at Ram started down this road it's been a never ending circle of the dealership trying to figure out what is wrong , getting approval from the Ram engineers, ordering parts, parts being backordered (including transmission fluid) and then repeating. Currently they have a rebuild kit on order but did not even tear the transmission apart for the second time to diagnose. And the parts are backordered until January. So as it stands my truck has been in the shop for a little over 10 months and the parts are backordered for another month and they don't even know if the parts on order will fix the problem. To top it off Ram customer care (if you can even call it that) has been of np help. They constantly say they will expedite parts but never do and when I said I might need to get a lawyer involved they dropped my case. I had to open up a second one and they have done nothing to help the situation. I would probably just give it back but I have upgrades on it including shocks, tires and rims that they have said they will not reimburse me for. I am 48 years old and this is the most ridiculous and by far the worst car experience I have ever had.

mike186

Reaction score
That is insane! They had mine done in 3 days.
I am new to the forum. I have been dealing with a Aisin transmission failure in my 2022 Ram 3500 at about 15,000 miles. It went out on me February of 2023 and it is still at the dealership with no end in sight. It took Ram forever to approve/decide what they wanted to do. Finally they decided to tear down and fix as opposed to putting in a new transmission. Once the local dealership and the engineers at Ram started down this road it's been a never ending circle of the dealership trying to figure out what is wrong , getting approval from the Ram engineers, ordering parts, parts being backordered (including transmission fluid) and then repeating. Currently they have a rebuild kit on order but did not even tear the transmission apart for the second time to diagnose. And the parts are backordered until January. So as it stands my truck has been in the shop for a little over 10 months and the parts are backordered for another month and they don't even know if the parts on order will fix the problem. To top it off Ram customer care (if you can even call it that) has been of np help. They constantly say they will expedite parts but never do and when I said I might need to get a lawyer involved they dropped my case. I had to open up a second one and they have done nothing to help the situation. I would probably just give it back but I have upgrades on it including shocks, tires and rims that they have said they will not reimburse me for. I am 48 years old and this is the most ridiculous and by far the worst car experience I have ever had.

UpNover

Reaction score
They put a complete new transmission in mine to about a week and they paid for rental car. It might not be Ram it may be your dealer, find out who the dealers regional service rep is and reach out.

FLHTKJimmy

Reaction score
Call Mike MacDonald (586) 274-8085, mike.macdonald@stellantis.com

He’s tough to reach, needs to hear your story. And he can help! He has been very helpful to me!

Users who are viewing this thread