Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Cat Back exhaust systems ?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
finally an honest answer :).. I love the posts where guys are claiming faster response and mpg gains....always amazing what the placebo effect has on people..there is something about a nice deep sound tho that makes it feel faster...
Some dyno results show some difference but it is 3-5hp that could be a difference in how the dyno was run or warm engine vs cold

G’Dave

Reaction score
On my 21 PW, I just cut the ugly resonator off and put a straight pipe in its place with a nice black tip tucked in nice and tight.
Basically did what the factory should have done.
It's a bit louder at idle and when you get on it. Sounds good. Its quiet when cruising and no drone. I like it. Only cost me $100.
As far as CAI that was mentioned, it comes from the factory with a true CAI. :cool:
View attachment 19725

View attachment 19726

Excellent idea!
I will try this first when my 2022 arrives.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
I had the MBRP kit installed and it sounds awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G’Dave

Reaction score
I had the MBRP kit installed and it sounds awesome!!!

Did you get the base model or the SS “pro”? I’m wondering if there is a difference in sound.
Also, can you hear it when you’re cruising at highway speeds with windows closed?
Thanks!

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Did you get the base model or the SS “pro”? I’m wondering if there is a difference in sound.
Also, can you hear it when you’re cruising at highway speeds with windows closed?
Thanks!

I got the base model. The sound wouldn’t be different. The only difference is Pro model is made from stainless. If you live in northern states, it would be must due to the road salt. I live in the south, no need for SS. You can barely hear it while cruising at highway speed. Just a low rumble!! I love it!

G’Dave

Reaction score
That sounds like the ticket. I've never owned a V8, so I want to show off the American muscle with a little attitude!

Users who are viewing this thread