Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding the VSIM

Mlschrage

Reaction score
Forget about the canbus lines. If the vsim canbus connector is plugged into the green block with the black base directly behind the headlight switch, that’s all that matters.
What are the VSIM circuit numbers you are trying to use?
Yep it's definitely plugged into the black backed can distributor block. The circuits I'm using are the any door ajar. Pin 7 Grey connector circuit w720. Door unlock all pin 2 brown connector circuit w722 and trans park postion pin 7 Grey connector circuit w700. All these circuits are being used as relay controls.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Yep it's definitely plugged into the black backed can distributor block. The circuits I'm using are the any door ajar. Pin 7 Grey connector circuit w720. Door unlock all pin 2 brown connector circuit w722 and trans park postion pin 7 Grey connector circuit w700. All these circuits are being used as relay controls.
Did you enable the P/T Chassis Net setting with AlfaOBD?

Mlschrage

Reaction score
Did you use AlfaOBD to enable P/T Cassis Net: VSIM Vehicle System Interface?
No I don't have alpha yet. U know of anybody else that's tried this? Kinda funny that the vsim will still work but only with ignition turned on. But I'm gonna try my snap on solis again tonight and see if it will do it.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
No I don't have alpha yet. U know of anybody else that's tried this? Kinda funny that the vsim will still work but only with ignition turned on. But I'm gonna try my snap on solis again tonight and see if it will do it.
Well, there you go. You have to enable it in the BCM for it to function properly.
And yes, I have added this after the fact, along with others that I know of.

Mlschrage

Reaction score
Well, there you go. You have to enable it in the BCM for it to function properly.
Sweet thanks FYI all you guys kick a#$ on here sharing all this info. I know that's one thing I enjoy the most is sharing my info and knowledge with others when ever I can. Thank you

Mlschrage

Reaction score
Sweet thanks FYI all you guys kick a#$ on here sharing all this info. I know that's one thing I enjoy the most is sharing my info and knowledge with others when ever I can. Thank you
Jimmy just figured something out from another thread. Info from the stelantis page Literally states vsim is asleep without key on except for unlock and lock inputs to vsim. So I kinda think I'm gonna have to put a ground to the unlock input. ( possibly from the bcm) to wake up vsim and can circuits. Have a read on the first page

Attachments

• Ram_Heavy Duty Truck All_VSIM_2019+revC_R1.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

Mlschrage

Reaction score
Vsim now enabled in both the bcm and the cabin net and still no function of the vsim with out ignition. Any idea how to make can stay awake longer?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread