Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add automatic wipers

Dinostop

Reaction score
I replaced the sensor behind my mirror with the sensor that also does automatic wipers, I added the 2 codes using alpha OBD. My wipers now do not work in intermittent mode and do not automatically turn on when raining. It is raining pretty good and I started my truck to test it. Any ideas?
2021 Ram 3500 Big Horn.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
What is the part number of the sensor that was there before? What is the part number of the new sensor? Is there a “window” in the black frit pattern on the windshield for the sensor to see though? What are the two settings you changed with AlfaOBD? What faults are you getting in the BCM?

Dinostop

Reaction score
@Jimmy07
New sensor is 68298468AA
Don’t have the old sensor with me
Yes there is a “window” for it to see through
The fault is: u0321 lost connection with rain sensing module
Changes using alpha obd were
Veh config 2 rain sensor present
Custsetmenu 1 rain sensing wip

Jimmy07

Reaction score
That sensor is for humidity only (for the 1500 dual zone ATC). You need part number 68298334AA for rain sense.

Dinostop

Reaction score
That sensor is for humidity only (for the 1500 dual zone ATC). You need part number 68298334AA for rain sense.
@Jimmy07
I ordered the part number you noted and I do not get any trouble codes, but when I turn the wipers on they act as normal. Both of the OBD codes were added and I se the option in the radio. Any thoughts?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
What are the settings you changed?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Is LIN & Misc: Humidity Rain Light Sensor Present set to yes also?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
With rain sensing wipers turned on in the radio settings, when you turn the switch in any of the intermittent modes, do the wipers behave more like a series of erratic “ghost” wipes than the normal wiper operation?
Try running the light rain sensor re-adaption. It is in the same list that car configuration change is in.

Dinostop

Reaction score
@Jimmy07
I have left the truck sit for 2 nights with moderate driving in between. I double checked all the options as previously noted. Yes they are irrational in timing when in intermittent modes. I get an error when running the re-adaption that says something about can’t run do to certain parameters.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
If it is constant erratic behavior, then there is probably either air pockets, or dust trapped between the windshield and adhesive membrane of the sensor.

Dinostop

Reaction score
I’ve ordered a new gel pack and will work on it when it comes in.

Dinostop

Reaction score
If it is constant erratic behavior, then there is probably either air pockets, or dust trapped between the windshield and adhesive membrane of the sensor.
No one seems to had the gel packs. I removed the sensor and put it back on pressing firmly. I didn’t see any dust or anything in the way of the sensor. Still erratically turning wipers on and off.

blbrown

Reaction score
No one seems to had the gel packs. I removed the sensor and put it back on pressing firmly. I didn’t see any dust or anything in the way of the sensor. Still erratically turning wipers on and off.

We're you able to get the rain sensor to work?

Dinostop

Reaction score
We're you able to get the rain sensor to work?
Unfortunately no I did not. The wipers are sporadic and the gel looks clean and bubble free. Not sure what I missed but I gave up until I can find someone that has been able to get it working.

blbrown

Reaction score
I'll probably purchase the one Jimmy07 recommended sometime after Christmas, I'll let you know how it goes

blbrown

Reaction score
I purchased the sensor you recommended here, haven't installed yet because I am concerned this might not also support the dual zone ATC which the existing module is for. Does 68298334AA support both functions?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I purchased the sensor you recommended here, haven't installed yet because I am concerned this might not also support the dual zone ATC which the existing module is for. Does 68298334AA support both functions?
Yes. The one you originally have is only a humidity sensor for ATC. The new one is both rain and humidity sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread