Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adaptive Transmission has power issues when shifting

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I will contact them tomorrow and try to see what's up, electric is taking everybody's time right now

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello,

If you'd like some assistance while your vehicle is at the dealership, please reach out to us. We're available via direct messaging.

Callie
Ram Cares

matemike

Reaction score
@brv10
Any update to the ECU flash to smooth out our 8spd HD transmissions?

Earlier in this thread I fretted about how mine makes clunky downshifts when easing to a stop. It will still do that, but I feel like now at 15,400 miles the accelerating is getting more sloppy. It hesitates and vibrates lghtly for a short peroid of time when shifting between 4th and 5th. Or with very light throttle input and driving down a smooth road at 40-50 mph the truck (trans) feels unsure of itself. I think it's the torque converter working more and less. Sometimes the trans is not even shifting but there's vibration coming from it it seems. I can't help but be sure that my trans needs a flash.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Nothing yet, was supposed to be in the 1st quarter of this year but their was an engineering shakeup of buyouts and new hires. About a month and a half ago they had 12 6.4 trucks that they were testing flashes on, hopefully as soon as those are validated there will be a bulletin

merchjo

Reaction score
So its almost OCt, still no release yet? I hate the surge when coming to a stop, especially when I have my 8000lb trailer connected.

ClawSS

Reaction score
About 32k miles on my '22 so far. Not 100% flawless transmission interaction, but have gotten used to its quirks. Still willing to take any update to see how it responds.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Nothing yet, things are a bit wonky at Stellantis, lots of engineers running around today, hopefully something soon

WolfgangGullich

Reaction score
My ‘22 2500 does this same thing, has for most of the last year and now has almost 21K on the clock. Are there any updates for this ECU flash to fix it yet? It’s super annoying, esp when you pay nearly $80K for one of these trucks. For contrast, my previous Ram, a ‘20 1500 w/5.7 and 8 spd, didn’t have the issue at all

william_beaux

Reaction score
2022 PW with 10k+ miles - suffering from this issue. It does seem to be getting worse. Identical symptoms as described by user 'matemike' in post 43.

It's March 2024 - has there been a flash released, or at least an updated timeline?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
No flash or updates yet, my truck needs it and engineers have been recording with it.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
The “cannot replicate” excuse has been something new since the lemon law became common place. My father in law had this issue with his GM until it finally threw a code and got it bought back. The dealers service dept is not your friend

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
The “cannot replicate” excuse has been something new since the lemon law became common place. My father in law had this issue with his GM until it finally threw a code and got it bought back. The dealers service dept is not your friend
I don't use the dealer, they are still working on it. For 6 months now at least.

matemike

Reaction score
Aside from the ecu flash, I wonder if removing my wheel hop damper would reduce the jittery accelerating and decelerating through 3-4-5 gears. Would removing that shock absorber cause any damage?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
No damage but it might make it worse due to no axle wind up damping, did you post this on FB too?

matemike

Reaction score
No damage but it might make it worse due to no axle wind up damping, did you post this on FB too?
no I did not.

Was kind of wondering if my damper could be bad, leaked, stuck solid and make my chatter less if removed. I'll let y'all know if I even bother.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
They barely move most of the time, almost 50k on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread