Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Tow/Haul Senior Moment

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
While connected to a trailer, I have to turn on the tow haul and EB everytime I stop and start my 2020 3500 Tradesman diesel dually. Are other trims different?
Mine is a tradesman its hit or miss if they stay on sometime one will stay on.... only works if the trailer has electric trailer brakes as well

Wmhjr

Reaction score
On my former '20 Bighorn, and my present '21 Laramie, TH never stays on if I shut the truck down and restart. EB "usually" does not either. Most of the time I have to manually turn them both on again even if I have not disconnected the trailer. All of my serious trailers have electric brakes. Both trucks are CTD.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Mine is a tradesman its hit or miss if they stay on sometime one will stay on.... only works if the trailer has electric trailer brakes as well
That's interesting. And odd inconsistent behavior.

jeffn

Reaction score
I wish the tow haul and EB was a toggle... Mine has to be reset every time!
I currently only use it to record towing miles vs non towing. my trailer is 3800lbs behind the HO/aisin/4.10 so I don't really need it, but like to record miles.

only way mine auto starts is when my wife is in the truck :D she always wants to see the 3 lights on, TOW, EB, REAR Sensor disable. so she toggles the EB to auto and the TOW on every time we start the truck.
I am not understanding what you mean by record miles. My 2020 3500 registers tow miles whenever my trailer is plugged in.

stinson87

Reaction score
I am not understanding what you mean by record miles. My 2020 3500 registers tow miles whenever my trailer is plugged in.
ill have to check, my previous 1500 only counted time when tow/haul was enabled.

1FstGPa

Reaction score
Learned a few things here. I am going to have to try a few of these ideas - depending on my resources - and this includes Ginkgo Biloba if I have to (another pill to swallow).

Much appreciation!!!

RichM752

Reaction score
10,500 is not a heavy load, I’m not sure I would even bother with tow/haul unless I am in hill country. If the transmission is not hunting for gears, it is a good indication you don’t need tow/haul activated.
My feelings exactly.

John Jensen

Reaction score
While connected to a trailer, I have to turn on the tow haul and EB everytime I stop and start my 2020 3500 Tradesman diesel dually. Are other trims different?
My 2020 3500 Laramie HO with the trailer connected, like you, I have to turn on the TH every time I turn off the ignition. The EB normally stays on but will sometimes turn off. My tune now keeps EB on all the time, trailer or no trailer.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
My 2020 3500 Laramie HO with the trailer connected, like you, I have to turn on the TH every time I turn off the ignition. The EB normally stays on but will sometimes turn off. My tune now keeps EB on all the time, trailer or no trailer.
My truck is stock. I've heard many tunes do add a few features not available stock.

Users who are viewing this thread