Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
I don't have auto climate. My truck has a good mix of poverty Tradesman and country club Limited options on it. Painted bumpers, 360 cams, adaptive steering, automatic braking, buckets/console, polished 20s...etc? Check. Incandescent 90's headlights, no rear power ports and manual climate?........ummm....Check.

:D

D

Deleted member 80

Riddle me this... If I put mine on auto, the system will blow like a hurricane out of the vents when I first get in. However, if I try manually set it at the top fan speed, I don't get anywhere near the blow despite what mode setting I try to use.
Mine will sometimes find high gear at first, then sometimes sorta goes to sleep. Sometimes turning it off, then back on will cause it to find itself for a bit, sometimes not, even when set to LO. Same deal as others, manually selecting highest fan speed does not give the same results as the mystery speed. Very strange design/operation.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have just been advised that a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB #24-001-20) has been released that appears to address concerns similar to the symptoms that are described in this thread. To ensure this TSB applies, please schedule an appointment with your dealer to have a qualified technician review the details of the TSB and specifics of your vehicle. Please send us a private message if you have any further questions, thank you.
1606245281998.png

Kathryn
RamCares

2019_Ram

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have just been advised that a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB #24-001-20) has been released that appears to address concerns similar to the symptoms that are described in this thread. To ensure this TSB applies, please schedule an appointment with your dealer to have a qualified technician review the details of the TSB and specifics of your vehicle. Please send us a private message if you have any further questions, thank you.
View attachment 8781

Kathryn
RamCares
This is wonderful news. I will be calling my dealer to get the ball rolling shortly. I have been looking forward to getting this issue addressed for quite a while.

Thank you for the update!

Last edited:

jakalafus

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

View attachment 8781

Kathryn
RamCares
Thank YOU!!! Do you know if we will need to wait for parts for this fix?

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
@RamCares So they told me my A/C was within spec...Will this service bulletin include my vehicle??

I'm in the same boat

If you are pre-July 2020 builds, and the techs looked at your vehicle prior to this release (since it says Nov 25th, then well...), I would imagine
an HVAC housing redesign with components that need to be serviced together
would be significant here despite what you were told before. Contact your dealer about this new TSB.

2019_Ram

Reaction score
Just an FYI. My truck would eek by on the 55* spec on an 80*+ day. However when it is 60* or 70*, it would fail to meet the spec of 45* vent temps. On a 60* day when the truck is at operating temp the vent temp is 52*, so above spec.

99ls1tj

Reaction score
If you are pre-July 2020 builds, and the techs looked at your vehicle prior to this release (since it says Nov 25th, then well...), I would imagine

would be significant here despite what you were told before. Contact your dealer about this new TSB.
Not necessarily, if they say it's performing per spec. it doesn't matter if there is new information. It either works or it doesn't. I know what you're saying and I'm definitely going to bring it up with my dealer, but they may very well say it's performing per spec. ( I don't agree that it is) and not want to perform the repair.

99ls1tj

Reaction score
Just an FYI. My truck would eek by on the 55* spec on an 80*+ day. However when it is 60* or 70*, it would fail to meet the spec of 45* vent temps. On a 60* day when the truck is at operating temp the vent temp is 52*, so above spec.
I used to have access to alldata. I don't now. The spec. I remember is 45* on an 80* day and 55* on a 90* day. My tech stated the vent temps were 48* and no problem found. They did not note the ambient temp. but if I recall it did not get much above 80* while they had my truck. I've used two temperature probes and I've never seen air below 52* coming out of the vents with it in the mid 70s-90s. Haven't really looked since the weather has cooled off.

Powerwagon20

Reaction score
So new to the forum just bought a new 2020 Power wagon and the AC sucks compared to my 17 Rebel I traded in. Thermomater in the vent shows 50 on a 75 degree day. My wifes 19 Jetta GLI same day blows 39 degrees. The TSB does not apply as my door sticker shows a 8/20 build date. I hope they come out with something else. Other than that I love the truck.

Hstone556

Reaction score
This is good news, Although like many others I was told it was within spec. I will be following up with the dealership about the TSB. If they refuse I will open another case with RamCares i guess, and hopefully they will be helpful this go around. Also hope the truck wont sit at the dealer for weeks or longer.

renagade69

Reaction score
Looks bad for the A-C. Without any reported fixes working I am cancelling an order I have placed. I need good A-C in the tropics.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Thank YOU!!! Do you know if we will need to wait for parts for this fix?
Hi @jakalafus, we understand that this is a possible concern. We recommend scheduling your dealer service and inquiring about the delivery for the required parts. Please send our team a private message if further support is needed, we would be happy to assist you during your service.

Kathryn
RamCares
@RamCares So they told me my A/C was within spec...Will this service bulletin include my vehicle??

I'm in the same boat

This is good news, Although like many others I was told it was within spec. I will be following up with the dealership about the TSB. If they refuse I will open another case with RamCares i guess, and hopefully they will be helpful this go around. Also hope the truck wont sit at the dealer for weeks or longer.
Hello @Eatonpcat @99ls1tj and @Hstone556
We recommend scheduling a new dealer appointment to have this concern addressed according to the TSB. Please know that our team is available to you via private messages for additional support alongside your dealer service if necessary. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have, thank you!

Kathryn
RamCares

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Anyone here with a login @ 5thGenRams.com? This dude posted the complete TSB:

Can anyone post it here?

Sounds like the dash needs to come out and that the labor is quite involved. I think I'll see if I can deal with the HVAC weak blower performance before I entertain the fix. None of that stuff ever goes back in place the same after it's ripped out.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score

Can anyone post it here?

Sounds like the dash needs to come out and that the labor is quite involved. I think I'll see if I can deal with the HVAC weak blower performance before I entertain the fix. None of that stuff ever goes back in place the same after it's ripped out.
Brutal already did.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Can anyone post it here?

I already updated the thread in the TSB section with this info and uploaded the pdf file. It was actually posted first on another Cummins forum.

six-barrel

Reaction score
I already updated the thread in the TSB section with this info and uploaded the pdf file. It was actually posted first on another Cummins forum.

Dropped off my 2019 2500 for the TSB and some other minor issues. My truck qualifies, but no parts until July 2021

Users who are viewing this thread