Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75th Anniversary Edition build and BS

dave41079

Reaction score
Would that soft topper in the folded position allow ram boxes to open??
No. They don't work at all with Ramboxes because the side rails go along the top of the bed. When I ordered the truck I was deciding between Ramboxes and a tonneau cover, or regular bed and a Softopper. With this setup I can put a cot in the bed and easily camp with plenty of room, and also put the top down or take it off for any kind of regular truck duty.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Did some truck things last weekend, and realized I hadn't put a picture up yet with the Softopper on.

View attachment 17555View attachment 17556

Also had achilles surgery on Monday, so truck/Jeep things will be on hold for a (long) while.

View attachment 17557

No I'm not on house arrest also, that's a battery powered SCD to keep me from getting blood clots while I sit around and watch all of Netflix. I'm far too active for this kind of lifestyle, and I have 10 weeks of recovery before I start physical therapy. I'm going to drive both myself and my wife insane.
Glad to see the xj in one piece and you in one piece in the same post. Rig looks good. Don’t wander too far from the house with that anklet on (;

unxpctd

Reaction score
nBdriArh.jpg

My build...is done...for now: 2nd phase is protection/light upgrades.

Recently: Softopper, tint, Carhartt Seat Covers, MBRP Exhaust, Ram mud flaps, bunch of other things....so happy with it.

The MBRP exhaust (so far, only a few miles) is amazing. A small amount of drone with no radio on...but rumbly...V8ish..exactly what I wanted. Looks great too!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
nBdriArh.jpg

My build...is done...for now: 2nd phase is protection/light upgrades.

Recently: Softopper, tint, Carhartt Seat Covers, MBRP Exhaust, Ram mud flaps, bunch of other things....so happy with it.

The MBRP exhaust (so far, only a few miles) is amazing. A small amount of drone with no radio on...but rumbly...V8ish..exactly what I wanted. Looks great too!
Pics of the seat covers?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Ok, picked her up. Build # 1590.
Have an issue with drivers switch for the seat back. So will have to take it back to get fixed. Also the hook did not get put on the winch line nor did the line get fed out through the fair lead. I may fix that myself. But the truck is awesome otherwise.

Wobly

Reaction score
Ok, picked her up. Build # 1590.
Have an issue with drivers switch for the seat back. So will have to take it back to get fixed. Also the hook did not get put on the winch line nor did the line get fed out through the fair lead. I may fix that myself. But the truck is awesome otherwise.
The hook and synthetic line are easy to do and you have to pre-tension it, anyways. Might as well do it yourself.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
The hook and synthetic line are easy to do and you have to pre-tension it, anyways. Might as well do it yourself.

This^. You can’t just spool up synthetic rope. I’m surprised it’s on the drum at all. You need to pre stretch it. If you don’t pre stretch it, you’ll have problems with it herniating rope layers on the drum when you use the line.

It’s a little harder to do with a truck that will auto-park on you if it doesn’t like what’s going on, but it needs to be pre-stretched with lots of weight.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yea, I've read about prestresching before use and planned on doing so.
Problem is, the rope and clevis is still wrapped and ziptied to the drum as it was delivered from Warn. I'll have to disassemble some to get inside there to cut the ziptie.

Wobly

Reaction score
Yea, I've read about prestresching before use and planned on doing so.
Problem is, the rope and clevis is still wrapped and ziptied to the drum as it was delivered from Warn. I'll have to disassemble some to get inside there to cut the ziptie.
No you don't. Just crawl under with some diagonal wire cutters and snip the zip tie. The loose end will come free and you can stick it through the fairlead. Run some slack out and connect the hook. Run it out, hook it to something heavy and spool it back in. Done!

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
No you don't. Just crawl under with some diagonal wire cutters and snip the zip tie. The loose end will come free and you can stick it through the fairlead. Run some slack out and connect the hook. Run it out, hook it to something heavy and spool it back in. Done!

Ok, thanks. I was just going off what the dealer told me. Said you have to remove the skid plate. I havent crawled under yet to look and see what has to be done. Been working on other things like new exhaust to get rid of the hideous resonator, and 35" BFGS.

el_barto

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I was just going off what the dealer told me. Said you have to remove the skid plate. I havent crawled under yet to look and see what has to be done. Been working on other things like new exhaust to get rid of the hideous resonator, and 35" BFGS.
Skid Plate? No Skid plates in the front, but go ahead and remove the air dam while you’re under there

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Was able to reach in and cut the tie. Took a bit to get my fat hands in to feed it thru the fairlead.

Users who are viewing this thread