Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

75th Anniversary Edition build and BS

Wobly

Reaction score
HMM. Put my VIN in but it can't find anything.

3C6TR5EJ1MG670151
If you just got the VIN, it will take a bit for the build sheet to populate, probably a couple of weeks. But, you can go on the Ram Chat and ask them for updated status. They will give pretty general answers, but you should be able to get a feel for where it is in the process. Once it actually ships, then you can go back to getting info from the dealer.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Dealer said ship on the 12th. Arrive end of the month. So it's got to be somewhere in the process? Or hes just guessing.

dave41079

Reaction score
Finally got a text back from my dealer. went to the dealer on 04/09 to order. Got the VIN today. Dealer said should ship around 05/12 and be here by the end of the month.

75th Anniversary edition in Delmonico Red. Mono Tone. No lower black stripe. Asked for the Power Wagon sticker to be delivered with the truck, not installed. I want to put it lower on the truck since there is no black stripe.
Added the Bed group package and the tonnaue cover.

So where can I track the truck by the VIN
If you happen to get P/Ns for the stickers, please let me know. I'm still coming up empty on getting mine. I had some family things come up that kept me out of town for an extended period of time and am just now getting back to a point where I can deal with it. Contacted @RamCares again through here, who suggested contacting my selling dealer. My dealer was no help in the past, but I guess I'll try them again.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
If you happen to get P/Ns for the stickers, please let me know. I'm still coming up empty on getting mine. I had some family things come up that kept me out of town for an extended period of time and am just now getting back to a point where I can deal with it. Contacted @RamCares again through here, who suggested contacting my selling dealer. My dealer was no help in the past, but I guess I'll try them again.
Hopefully you dealr can get them. I've read that others got a truck without the stickeers and their dealer was able to get them for them. But I'll see if there is a part number on them and post it when I get it.

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
HMM. Put my VIN in but it can't find anything.

3C6TR5EJ1MG670151
I got my VIN on the 26th and it still does not come up with anything so give it time. After a month, I am still in D status as far as they know. That's OK, just saving up for mods now.

dave41079

Reaction score
I did a thing today.

20210507_114921.jpg

Haven't really driven anywhere yet to see how fantastic the improvements are. I'm sure it'll make 11ty HP, gain 10mpg, make the cool turbo noises, increase my odds at roulette, raise my credit score, and make me utterly irresistible. Anything less would have been a waste.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Nice....! Put my S&B intake on a few days ago....awaiting the MBRP exhaust.

P5Z2YLNh.jpg

dave41079

Reaction score

P5Z2YLNh.jpg
Nice! I'd be very interested to see what the MBRP catback sounds like. I'm pretty happy with my Magnaflow muffler replacement for now. I'm trying it without the hole in the airbox plugged for now to see how it does. I'll try it plugged on my next tank of fuel to see what the difference is.

Impressions so far are favorable. I did find this interesting. If I put the EVIC on the fuel mileage screen and look at the instant fuel mileage, under acceleration my MPG is lower than it was before. Typically for taking off from a stop I'd be in the 4-7 range, and now I'm in the 2-5 range. Cruising, however, I am seeing a 3-5 MPG increase on the instant fuel mileage. This makes me think it truly is flowing more air, but is also why people don't see a lot of real world overall increase in MPG. It's a give and take because under throttle it's sending more fuel to match up with the higher volume of air, whereas while cruising the efficiency comes into play. I do quite a bit of highway driving, so I've seen about a 1MPG increase in the average. Again, these are purely my observations thus far.

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
Nice! I'd be very interested to see what the MBRP catback sounds like. I'm pretty happy with my Magnaflow muffler replacement for now. I'm trying it without the hole in the airbox plugged for now to see how it does. I'll try it plugged on my next tank of fuel to see what the difference is.

Impressions so far are favorable. I did find this interesting. If I put the EVIC on the fuel mileage screen and look at the instant fuel mileage, under acceleration my MPG is lower than it was before. Typically for taking off from a stop I'd be in the 4-7 range, and now I'm in the 2-5 range. Cruising, however, I am seeing a 3-5 MPG increase on the instant fuel mileage. This makes me think it truly is flowing more air, but is also why people don't see a lot of real world overall increase in MPG. It's a give and take because under throttle it's sending more fuel to match up with the higher volume of air, whereas while cruising the efficiency comes into play. I do quite a bit of highway driving, so I've seen about a 1MPG increase in the average. Again, these are purely my observations thus far.
Well said.

As compared to the stock air box, do you believe you lost any water fording depth? I typically replace the stock panel filter with a K&N as one of my first mods of any vehicle I buy. On my Wrangler, the "cold air" systems put the filter opening several inches lower than the stock one, so I kept the stock box and tube in case I get in deeper than expected on a water crossing. In Houston, that is a real thing even on pavement, haha.

dave41079

Reaction score
Well said.

As compared to the stock air box, do you believe you lost any water fording depth? I typically replace the stock panel filter with a K&N as one of my first mods of any vehicle I buy. On my Wrangler, the "cold air" systems put the filter opening several inches lower than the stock one, so I kept the stock box and tube in case I get in deeper than expected on a water crossing. In Houston, that is a real thing even on pavement, haha.
If I put the supplied plug in the airbox it uses the factory intake scoop to gather air, so it would be no difference.

Reaction score

P5Z2YLNh.jpg
Just installed the MBRP stainless system a couple days ago.. Really like it.. deep and throaty but not obnoxious !! Hardly any drone at all and most importantly that ugly silver resonator and also the bright silver spare tire shield are gone !! looks much cleaner and the sound is exactly what I was looking for !!

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Checked for my window sticker today when I got home and found it. YEA ME!

SO should be seeing the truck before too long.
Ordered on 04/09 at dealer. But I think the order actually went in to RAM a week later.

MrPatriot

Reaction score
Just called the local stealership parts dept and was told they couldn't find any part numbers for these rails. She said there's a sales code on my truck showing the rails were installed by the factory, but no part numbers were referenced. She told me the only thing to do is to call Chrysler at this point and see if they can provide the numbers.

I just called and they closed one minute before my call :( I'll try calling back on Tuesday.

dave41079

Reaction score
Did some truck things last weekend, and realized I hadn't put a picture up yet with the Softopper on.

20210605_112305.jpg20210605_112328.jpg

Also had achilles surgery on Monday, so truck/Jeep things will be on hold for a (long) while.

20210607_124816.jpg

No I'm not on house arrest also, that's a battery powered SCD to keep me from getting blood clots while I sit around and watch all of Netflix. I'm far too active for this kind of lifestyle, and I have 10 weeks of recovery before I start physical therapy. I'm going to drive both myself and my wife insane.

Users who are viewing this thread