Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

phatboy64

Reaction score
I just noticed that Genos no longer lists the fleetguard af27684 as compatible with the 2019 and up trucks. I wonder if they know something we don't.
Am I missing something, is says in the description 2007.5 - 2024? I was going to order one but now I am confused

el_barto

Reaction score
Must of thrown a code early on that was ignored. Intake sensors are pretty sensitive.
Op on Reddit said it didn’t throw any codes, just felt a bit “sluggish”

HD4LIFE

Reaction score
Just got the 53034051AB from Geno’s to replace the AA one the Ram dealer sold me last year.

Attachments

• IMG_2408.jpeg
    IMG_2408.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2411.jpeg
    IMG_2411.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 30

Will_T

Reaction score
I agree this has been a bit confusing. I did just schedule a dealer visit for the two recalls on my truck and the service writer asked if I wanted to change the air filter when the fuel and oil filters are done as the air filter has not been changed since truck was new. I told him OK if it needed it and if they were sure which one was the best to use. He said they do not use the one with the glue strips any longer and seemed to confirm it had been causing DTCs.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree this has been a bit confusing. I did just schedule a dealer visit for the two recalls on my truck and the service writer asked if I wanted to change the air filter when the fuel and oil filters are done as the air filter has not been changed since truck was new. I told him OK if it needed it and if they were sure which one was the best to use. He said they do not use the one with the glue strips any longer and seemed to confirm it had been causing DTCs.
Just be careful because some dealers have been substituting other filters for the real thing and charging outrageous prices for trash aftermarket filters. Accept nothing less than the real thing. If you’re not sure which is which, post some pictures here and we can confirm.

Hairy

Reaction score
I can tell you this I put aftermarket filter and seemed fine after a while, then I had stuttering around 1200-1600 rpms took to dealer they did a flash to update something transmission shift points, said they couldn't find codes or anything wrong with the truck. I just changed to an original equip air filter and guess what.......stuttering stopped. Runs as it should, note I have had 5 previous years of this same engine and never happened I can only conclude that do not use aftermarket air filters in these engines.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Just got my last order from Geno’s and they substituted the 68517554AA for the 53034051AB that I ordered. Guess I’ll have to call them tomorrow.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got my last order from Geno’s and they substituted the 68517554AA for the 53034051AB that I ordered. Guess I’ll have to call them tomorrow.

Odd, that’s not like them.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
I ordered from Geno’s strictly to keep this from happening and it happened anyway. I sent them an email since it’s after hours for them. I don’t need the air filter at the moment but this is really aggravating.

CdnHO

Reaction score
They are usually on the ball on this sort of thing. With all the musical chairs in terms of part numbers, they may not have been actually checking the boxes.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
They are usually on the ball on this sort of thing. With all the musical chairs in terms of part numbers, they may not have been actually checking the boxes.

Yeah, probably an oversight.

Another reason it’s good to order early.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
I checked the website and they are showing the AB filter backordered now. I guess a $40 lesson learned.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I checked the website and they are showing the AB filter backordered now. I guess a $40 lesson learned.

Nah, they’ll make it right.

It’s pretty much always showing backordered these days.

I have two AA’s just sitting in my shop that were beyond the return window when I got educated. That’s a $$ lesson learned.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
I have an older FleetGaurd new on the shelf but saw the AB filter on the website and I needed a few other things and thought I would try them out. Im sure they will make it good.

OLEJOE

Reaction score

I have two AA’s just sitting in my shop that were beyond the return window when I got educated. That’s a $$ lesson learned.
I have a nephew that gives me eggs that has an 11’ 3500 I can gift it to if bad comes to worse.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I ordered some filters a while back, knowing they were back ordered. I always want at least a couple on my shelf. Geno's shipped the next day. I guess their suppliers don't have a clue either. Also Geno's will ship a partial order at no extra charge. Been dealing with them for 20 years and always received great service.

CdnHO

Reaction score

Gave my two AAs to a buddy with a 2018. Also gave him 10 gallons of 15W40 when I got the new truck. He was happy. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread